1/6 Hot Toys - MMS363 - Captain America: Civil War - Black Panther Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Barebones figures don't bother me at all. Does he need accessories? Nah. Does he need an unmasked headsculpt? Nah. But that's just me since I display my heroes in full costume if they require a helmet/mask.

If I wanted a T'Challa sculpt, i'd rather put that on a Civvie version like where he fought Bucky instead of on the actual Black Panther costume. Hell, i'd even rather put it on a suit. But that's just me.

It might just be me (I'm sure it is) but doesn't that suit look a little cheap? I'm thinking of picking it up purely because I loved Panther so much but this figure looks a bit...I don't know, rubbery?

It might just be me (I'm sure it is) but doesn't that suit look a little cheap? I'm thinking of picking it up purely because I loved Panther so much but this figure looks a bit...I don't know, rubbery?

Know what you're saying - I think. Maybe not so much "cheap" as possible "pleather" or other material being a worry - thought of that looking at this fig - any splits w. this fig costume and ur sunk.

But I'm re thinking getting this - reading about BP and costume and looks like HT did all the great details - the tribal motifs and look of woven fabric. BP is so striking not sure he needs anything else re CW and I keep thinking on a shelf what a great silhouette. I'll wait for reviews and need some room re financial breathing room but may get this guy, after all.

I'll wait for this figure to go less than $200. Cool for some people to not care what comes with the figure. I'm personally not made of money so it's hard to justify paying $200+ for a barebones release.

Nothing to do with ego or nerding out about the character, just common/practical sense for me.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'm going to wait for Black Panther's second try on the tailoring

Unless they pull an Amazing Spider-Man 2 and totally revamp it, which I seriously hope they do.

Hasn't Hot Toys does this kind of woven material before? I guess it keeps costs down if they do the pleathery look it has now but if they can somehow get a somewhat thicker looking woven material, i'll be sold.

That's the only thing keeping me from pre-ordering this now.

I loved this costume on screen, but the more I looked at the figure, the less it seemed to do it justice. I think I'll be waiting for a future figure too.

Unless they pull an Amazing Spider-Man 2 and totally revamp it, which I seriously hope they do.

Hasn't Hot Toys does this kind of woven material before? I guess it keeps costs down if they do the pleathery look it has now but if they can somehow get a somewhat thicker looking woven material, i'll be sold.

That's the only thing keeping me from pre-ordering this now.

IMO some sort of coated stretch canvas would work - which srsly hope HT is using re fabric strain posing BP - character a fluid athlete, IMO you should be able to do extreme poses if you want (been looking at transparent stands on e-bay re "floating" poses:cool:). A tight rubber/silicon? costume would make me nervous. No way to judge I guess until folks have it in-hand and w. this fig won't order at all without those:horror.

Plus cost IS high for a bare-bones figure/no portrait:(. Maybe all those suit details drove the cost up - but for sure I gotta wait on this guy anyway. Hard to say, but some figs like CW Bucky/Falcon all *seem* to have December ship dates, or January (loosely) + wanted POs for me$$$

SEEMS like a (lot for me) is gonna have to be paid for, all at once:horror. So have my foot off the gas except *most critical* figs for now. But am real interested when BP reviews/pics start showing up.

This isn't releasing until next year though, right? The latest upcoming releases photo Hot Toys put out didn't have him on there and since they only release on avg about 1 figure per week, that puts this guy releasing in 2017 at the earliest (according to my math) :thud:

Back