1/6 Hot Toys - MMS299 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Legion Drone Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they cut a few corners to get it out at a lower price point. My theory is that I think they were hoping some people would "army build" with these if they were less money.

I wish it had the usual articulation, but not if it costs $40+ more.

These would be great for troop building and I would be all over getting another one, but it's not the same as the stormtroopers from TFA where each one comes with something more to accent the basic look, even if it is just a pauldron. It makes me wonder how well these would sell if they offered the changes in numbering that these had in the movie. Somehow, I have my doubts about those sales, especially considering the response on this thread to the release of this one.

I guess that just leaves more for the rest of us :)

I disagree. It has different articulation but not less. This is as flexable as any of the other plastic suits. It doesn't have hip flaps or extending should a because it's not necessary. It can achieve the same pose without it. There is no need to add that stuff. The point of these figures is not to create the most moving parts. Articulation is a by product of the desire to have them able to replicate real world movement. It's not there so you can turn these into pretzels. Articulation is not the point.

It absolutely has less ab articulation. I was wrong about the hips. I am quite confident that they made these changes to save money, not to improve the design of the figure.

These would be great for troop building and I would be all over getting another one, but it's not the same as the stormtroopers from TFA where each one comes with something more to accent the basic look, even if it is just a pauldron. It makes me wonder how well these would sell if they offered the changes in numbering that these had in the movie. Somehow, I have my doubts about those sales, especially considering the response on this thread to the release of this one.

I guess that just leaves more for the rest of us :)

My guess is this is the biggest flop of any Iron Man figure to date. It seems very few people bought them. I should also add that I really like the figure. It stands out in the collection, similar to the Starboost.

It's not restricted by clothing or anything like that and it's got a fair amount of articulation. It's a perfect figure to wait to go on sale in order to army build, if one is so inclined.

It's not restricted by clothing or anything like that and it's got a fair amount of articulation. It's a perfect figure to wait to go on sale in order to army build, if one is so inclined.

i think the numbers might* hurt it in terms of army building. it's a shame there isn't a way to use different numbers. the bots on screen had the numbers in so many places though, there's just no way they could do it.

if it had the number in like one or two spots, maybe they could've used decals or something and gave people options, but even then, i couldn't see something like that happening.

the iron legion is cool enough looking.. but i'd rather have ultron mark 1 be representative of the iron legion. in the movie, they were just a little boring, in my opinion. i love the ultron mark 1 though, it's so awesome and creepy looking.

Yes, this reminds me a lot of the distinctive look and appeal that the Starboost armor has. I would rank this figure above Silver Centurion, Heartbreaker, Python, and Peacemaker, actually. It's that good, even though technically, it's not an armor.

Yes, this reminds me a lot of the distinctive look and appeal that the Starboost armor has. I would rank this figure above Silver Centurion, Heartbreaker, Python, and Peacemaker, actually. It's that good, even though technically, it's not an armor.

really? i don't own the figure.. but from photos i wouldn't rank it above any of those, especially not heartbreaker and peacemaker. the only things similar about this and starboost is the white.. but when compared, starboost is beefier, and the details surpass the iron legion in my opinion.

really? i don't own the figure.. but from photos i wouldn't rank it above any of those, especially not heartbreaker and peacemaker. the only things similar about this and starboost is the white.. but when compared, starboost is beefier, and the details surpass the iron legion in my opinion.

Lots of details on this piece that are not present in the prototype photos. It's got great paint going for it, especially in the whites where pearlescent hues are visible in certain lighting. Yeah, I do think it's a better piece than any of those other armors. I didn't say it looked like Starboost, but that it has a similar effect of being a unique design built around good application of white paint.

This fig isn't getting a lot of love but I really like it.
image.jpg
image.jpg

I received this figure on Thursday. It's really cool for what it is. There's really not a lot to it. I literally just took him out of the box and put him on the stand. Not much futzing. :lol

After getting this at a flash sale at my local store and opening, I have to say that this is a pretty good figure. EDven though the accessories are slim to none, I want the 1,2,4, and 5 now.

After getting this at a flash sale at my local store and opening, I have to say that this is a pretty good figure. EDven though the accessories are slim to none, I want the 1,2,4, and 5 now.

Bang for the buck this is a great figure. As you know Ghost, I've sold off a bunch of my collection, but this one remains.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For the price it's a pretty good figure. Not that 200bucks is cheap, but compared to other 1/6 stuff it's not to bad. I saw a bunch of the custom versions to rep the other numbered drones. They look good but it shows just how much would need to be changed and why stickers where not an option.

Grabbed one of these for $50 off and got it today ... basic figure but pretty neat. Wasn't sure where to put him so I stuck him with my 1/4 AOU armors and the destroyed Ultron Mark I piece for now ... I might just end up getting the whole Ultron Mark if it ends up being eligible for another good discount code.

790c305c5998da3058ea81dd41dce985.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back