1/6 Hot Toys - MMS299 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Legion Drone Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked mine up for $180 out the door, and I really like it. They removed some of the typical IM features, but it really stands out in my collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked mine up for $180 out the door, and I really like it. They removed some of the typical IM features, but it really stands out in my collection.

Nice :duff I did pay $200 for mine. Sometimes it pays to wait but I don't regret buying it right away. It's an awesome looking figure

Nice :duff I did pay $200 for mine. Sometimes it pays to wait but I don't regret buying it right away. It's an awesome looking figure

It looks like we are the only two people who bought it. I've never seen a thread this dead right after release! It's a really nice figure, and cheap by HT IM standards!

I bought it....I find it pretty meh. Difficult to get a natural pose IMO

Interesting...does yours have loose joints or something? I find mine very good at holding a pose, and more stable standing than most HT figures.

I do wish it had the typical IM ab extender though.

I think it looks nice, but I'm having a hard time figuring out what I'd do with it. If there were multiple numbers, I could see someone making a neat diorama, but alone? It probably could work in a big Iron Man collection, but it would just look lonely in mine.

I'm using a pretty basic pose at the moment.
d13ec83c4a69b15f5202ed2688719da4.jpg

I'll say I'm happier with this than Vision. Vision is the new meh figure to me.

It looks like we are the only two people who bought it. I've never seen a thread this dead right after release! It's a really nice figure, and cheap by HT IM standards!

I bought it full price too. Unfortunately my final payment is next month so I don't have it yet but I can say that I never regretted pulling the trigger pre-order. I'm actually thinking about throwing my rewards points at another one to start making the other drones. For $60 shipped after rewards points, I'm very tempted.

I'll say I'm happier with this than Vision. Vision is the new meh figure to me.

I love my vision figure! I also have a man crush on Paul Bettany so it was a must for me but that aside, while I have him in a pretty basic pose - I'm not mad about that pre-order either.
20160428_221509.jpg

I was going to buy one to pose with Ultron mk 1 and give it the short chitauri scepter.

So this is a great Iron Man figure - just as good as any of the other plastic armors, IMO. It seems pretty basic, but it has the same overall articulation we have come to know from the Iron Man line. I was not expecting much, but this has quickly become a favorite.

There is also some refinement/evolution in articulation from prior releases. Great price on this one, too.

So this is a great Iron Man figure - just as good as any of the other plastic armors, IMO. It seems pretty basic, but it has the same overall articulation we have come to know from the Iron Man line. I was not expecting much, but this has quickly become a favorite.

There is also some refinement/evolution in articulation from prior releases. Great price on this one, too.

Actually it definitely has less articulation. No pop out hips or shoulders. The ab articulation isn't there either. It's a great figure, but they definitely cut some corners on the articulation.

Actually it definitely has less articulation. No pop out hips or shoulders. The ab articulation isn't there either. It's a great figure, but they definitely cut some corners on the articulation.

Yeah, I guess. It has a rotating joint with side to side and circular movement at the hips which none of the other releases have - at least not like this. The legs do drop down, which kinda replaces the pop out hips scenario. The shoulder pads are also moveable in the same manner as the QS Mark 43. So, while it appears they cut some corners with some articulation, they've actually given us some different articulation on this release.

Yeah, I guess. It has a rotating joint with side to side and circular movement at the hips which none of the other releases have - at least not like this. The legs do drop down, which kinda replaces the pop out hips scenario. The shoulder pads are also moveable in the same manner as the QS Mark 43. So, while it appears they cut some corners with some articulation, they've actually given us some different articulation on this release.

I think they cut a few corners to get it out at a lower price point. My theory is that I think they were hoping some people would "army build" with these if they were less money.

I wish it had the usual articulation, but not if it costs $40+ more.

I disagree. It has different articulation but not less. This is as flexable as any of the other plastic suits. It doesn't have hip flaps or extending should a because it's not necessary. It can achieve the same pose without it. There is no need to add that stuff. The point of these figures is not to create the most moving parts. Articulation is a by product of the desire to have them able to replicate real world movement. It's not there so you can turn these into pretzels. Articulation is not the point.

Back