1/6 Hot Toys - MMS289 - Avengers: AoU - Hawkeye Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
he was meh anyway i guess, i like the DOFP version :lecture

I like that version better as well. But still wasn't sold on it. The whole speedster thing is the one "power" I have the most issue with. They are fast. But there normal otherwise. Makes zero sense to me. (And yes, I get it's fake..lol..and it's all crazy unreal..) but when you pass out after 5-10g force for extended time how would the normal body not tear apart at 4000 plus g force it would take to accelerate from standing still to moving as fast as a bullet? At least superman has an enhanced body. I know..over thinking it. It's fantasy. But like I said, my least favorite power. But I enjoy the flash TV show. Lol

Thing is though, 616 and even Ultimate Pietro also aren't fast enough to catch bullets so technically, the movie was accurate to how fast he can go. DOFP Peter was basically Barry/Bart Allen fast.

Yeah the speed required to catch a large machine gun round is insane. A .223 win mag short can be going 2,700mph..or 4000 feet per second. To avoid the amount a machine gun could shoot, all going near that fast, you would need to be going a lot faster then the bullets and add more to factor in the total number of projectiles, how far apart they are. I'm not the biggest speedster knowledge base but I doubt they are written to go that fast.

for real that was kinda dumb, he super fast but not faster than bullets? he should have been able to grab them and dodge the bullets easily, stupid movie execs.
His death actually made sense to me. I hated how he was killed off so quickly, but in the context of what was happening it made sense.

Hawkeye and the boy had to have weighed close to 300 pounds together (maybe 275?), so they were too heavy to be carried by Quicksilver, who was used to carrying his sister who weighs half that. So, he might not have been physically able to carry them both out of the way. Maybe he could have, but it still might have been difficult to secure two people in his arms and run away in time to avoid a wall of bullets.

Quicksilver could have tackled Hawkeye and the boy out of the way, but that would have risked injury to the boy. If it had just been Hawkeye though, I'm certain Quicksilver would have tackled him out of the way.

Like Motux said, I imagine it's hard to catch bullets being fired at the speed and firing rate of an aircraft-mounted machine gun, even for a speedster. Sure, he intercepted the bullet from Klaw's sidearm (and then unloaded the whole magazine...really cool scene btw), but that was a single round with a slower muzzle velocity.

That left just one option. Human shield.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I can't help but wonder if he was meant to have a larger part in the series before he was decidedly killed off. :dunno
I've wondered that myself. I really don't like how he was killed off so quickly, no matter how much sense his death did or did not make. I'd have really liked to see Quicksilver be a major player in future films and become a full-fledged Avenger.

(That awkward moment when I realize we're talking extensively about Quicksilver in the Hawkeye thread. Whoops. :rotfl )

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

It seemed that dofp QuickSilver was more than just fast. Like he slowed time. I know his perceptions are enhanced but surely speed alone wouldn't allow them to work as fast as they do?

Mine arrives Thursday to complete the trifecta of figures next week. My wallet hurts. And Optimus Prime charges Friday. :gah:

Back