1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went home for lunch and measured again. My shelf is 48" wide by 28" high and 16" deep. I think I have room. Is the AOU Hulk and Mark 43 worth picking up for this pose?

Whether they are or not is quite subjective. If you're hell bent on recreating that pose I guess they are, although depending on your need for screen accuracy and your existing collection any number of Iron Man figures could be substituted for the Mk 43, as well as the Avengers Hulk in lieu of the AoU version.

is there a diplay case that works good for the hulkbuster? thanks

I use the Ikea Besta and it works great.

2aj5943.jpg

Thats what I was thinking. Using some sort of median inbetween. That pose is killer and I"m growing tired of my guys in a static museum pose.

Thanks for your input.

Yeah nothing against the museum posers, and I have a lot of figures in that pose myself, but are we just holding on to them for someone else to play with them, or are we going to play with them ourselves?.... (its a good thing I'm not drunk yet or that sentence may have had an unfortunate omission)

Whether they are or not is quite subjective. If you're hell bent on recreating that pose I guess they are, although depending on your need for screen accuracy and your existing collection any number of Iron Man figures could be substituted for the Mk 43, as well as the Avengers Hulk in lieu of the AoU version.

Great points. I guess I could use another mark and or a different Hulk. Much appreciated

Yeah nothing against the museum posers, and I have a lot of figures in that pose myself, but are we just holding on to them for someone else to play with them, or are we going to play with them ourselves?.... (its a good thing I'm not drunk yet or that sentence may have had an unfortunate omission)

I hear you. I do like a typical A stance, but as of late I'm looking for something different. I'm sure mixing it up every six months to a year helps freshen up the collection.

My hulk ended up touching the hulkbuster being posed too close.. when I went to repose I heard an <thhkt> sound. Oops - now Hulk has a bit of red on his arm.

92d52cc5c58df9f1dd3b8bafb61e63c2.jpg

Thank you for the kind words. My case isn't custom although I did customize it with lighting and the black glass background. It was purchased from displays2go. A little pricey but worth it. I have two now am rearranging everything. Here are a couple photos from a while back. Full case shot and top down view. Case is 6ft tall 4ft wide and 18" deep.

2.jpg
1.jpg

I've been looking at some of the cases on Displays2go, but the overall cost + shipping just was too much for me (I looked at one similar to yours that was $650 + $250 shipping). I'm fine paying $900 for a Hulkbuster, but apparently paying $900 for a nice display case that I can put a bunch of figures in is too rich for my blood.

I've been looking at some of the cases on Displays2go, but the overall cost + shipping just was too much for me (I looked at one similar to yours that was $650 + $250 shipping). I'm fine paying $900 for a Hulkbuster, but apparently paying $900 for a nice display case then I can put a bunch of figures in is too rich for my blood.

Ya, sometimes it's hard to swallow when we're spending so much on figures already. Me personally I feel the beauty in this hobby is not only the figure, but how it's displayed. Obviously, everyones tastes differs and funding as well. On top of the case I paid another $200 for the custom lighting and background. I saved money by doing it myself, but it adds up. Like I mentioned before I have two cases. I'm also redoing my garage to better fit with the overall look. I find it odd having nice figures in a nice case, but its located in a no so up to date space. I think it ruins the overall illusion of everything.

What other cases were you looking at?

Yeah, a nice display case definitely makes everything look much better. You're spending a bunch on figures already, might as well get a nice case to show them off. Problem I am having at this point is I'd probably need 5 or more of these. I may eventually look into having someone create a custom display for me. Something like the one below with added lighting on each shelf.Toys_Displays_20140826_0009.jpg

or this one:
39291399_1393253937486306_8501599205054218240_o.jpg

Yeah, a nice display case definitely makes everything look much better. You're spending a bunch on figures already, might as well get a nice case to show them off. Problem I am having at this point is I'd probably need 5 or more of these. I may eventually look into having someone create a custom display for me. Something like the one below with added lighting on each shelf.View attachment 436740

or this one:
View attachment 436741

Ya the second one I really like too. I actually thought about doing something like that, but I don't have nearly enough figures or the space. My house space is gobbled up by my wife, two girls and animals. I'm lucky I have the garage. If you did something custom like the second picture it shouldn't be too expensive. I'm guessing nothing past $2500 if you did the work yourself. Doesn't look too difficult as its just basically floating shelves with glass attached. What really adds to it is the wood flooring, chairs/table to converse, etc.

Good luck in your choice(s).

Yep totally agree that second one is doable. Even in a smaller space. Floating shelves, with glass fronts in C-channel guides. Then black covers on the front to hide lighting, guides etc. Guess it all depends if you want a museum style look, or not.

But certainly does look impressive.

Anyone know who's that second one is ? Is he on the boards here ?

BTW, I received Ragnarok Loki the other day and put him in the same cabinet as my Hulk & Hulkbuster. As I’m planning on posing IW Thanos with Loki, I had to repose the HB. Damn, I forgot what a PITA it was to do that. Ugh! I won’t be doing that again anytime soon.

Back