1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
100% agreed.
I´m a technical drafter, means I see a lot of things, engineeringwise and my coworkers are always intrigued at the design and how pieces like those are realized, especially like War Machine Mark 1 diecast, with the knee articulation, but also Transformers.

I think it´s missing realism here. There need to be fittings, tolerances, materials need to withstand stuff.
It´s not like...poured as a full, able to do all the things.
2 years...for this...is NOTHING.

Megatron 2.0, MP36 took 10 years to be made.
It´s a friggin humanoid robot, nailed in terms of looks and it transforms into a handheld gun.

What else do you want? Realism, people...try to expand your thoughts.
Calculations, 3D models, drawings, approval process, making, fitting..."****, doesn´t fit...back to the drawing board."
It goes like this and you get that...you can FIT A FULL MARK 43 in it and STILL people complain.
SMH.

How do I like a post? :clap I totally agree with what you have said.

Jeez, just because it can fit a full mark 43 means I can't be let down by the legs articulation? I'm not here slamming HT for not including a Veronica or Punching arm.

I acknowledge that it would have been an engineering wonder to spread the legs given all current Iron Man figures are on ball joints, and no way in hell that's gonna work given HB's weight.

I'm sure HT was up to the challenge as proven by the prototype so one can only assume that they tried and felt like it would give way to the upper body weight.

It's all fine and dandy about being able to fit A FULL MARK 43 but that's till I remembered I joined the hobby late and don't have one. Besides, not all Mk43 owners will be getting a HB, so it's a head scratcher why they decided to go down this path when more than half the HB collectors are just gonna use the bust or pose it with a Mk43 climbing out.

But Jesus Christ, can't even voice being disappointed by one little thing on this forum.

Jeez, just because it can fit a full mark 43 means I can't be let down by the legs articulation? I'm not here slamming HT for not including a Veronica or Punching arm.

I acknowledge that it would have been an engineering wonder to spread the legs given all current Iron Man figures are on ball joints, and no way in hell that's gonna work given HB's weight.

I'm sure HT was up to the challenge as proven by the prototype so one can only assume that they tried and felt like it would give way to the upper body weight.

It's all fine and dandy about being able to fit A FULL MARK 43 but that's till I remembered I joined the hobby late and don't have one. Besides, not all Mk43 owners will be getting a HB, so it's a head scratcher why they decided to go down this path when more than half the HB collectors are just gonna use the bust or pose it with a Mk43 climbing out.

But Jesus Christ, can't even voice being disappointed by one little thing on this forum.

Leg and hip articulation is only hindered IF the Mark 43 is inside.
And for those who don´t have him comes the bust.

So what´s the fuzz, for real.

Last edited:
But that's the thing, it is hindered even without the 43 inside, the legs have a ratchet joint that can only move forward and back, no swivel or outward movement!

So?
It´s supposed to be the tank of the iron man armors.
Supposed to take and give a pounding from/to the hulk.
What do you want it to do? Chuck-Norris-Roundhouse-Kick the **** outta MOTUC Castle Grayskull?

I don´t get such arguments, sorry.

No offense, but start engineering something like this, get a grip of what you´re talking about and then hit me up again.
Thanks.

So?
It´s supposed to be the tank of the iron man armors.
Supposed to take and give a pounding from/to the hulk.
What do you want it to do? Chuck-Norris-Roundhouse-Kick the **** outta MOTUC Castle Grayskull?

I don´t get such arguments, sorry.

No offense, but start engineering something like this, get a grip of what you´re talking about and then hit me up again.
Thanks.

I’ll never understand this forum. People have legitimate complaints about limited articulation from a prototype to a final product. Others take it personal. This is not an opinion, it’s a fact. The HulkBuster has limited articulation than what was originally shown in the prototype. Some people are disappointed. Hell, they have the right to be since they are spending $825 on this piece.

Better leg articulation provides much more dynamic poses. For a technical drafter, I’m not sure how that’s impossible for you to understand. Due to limited articulation, this simple pose cannot be achieved.

1000097438_9.jpg

I am not saying we could make a product better than Hot Toys. No one is arguing that. We are not engineers of this product. What we are, however, are consumers of the product. Consumers with different preferences and tastes. Consumers who are allowed to voice this, if they please.

People take criticisms to figures so personally around here. Spending this kind of money on a figure, people have every right to express being disappointed from limited features and/or articulation.

No offense, of course.

Thanks.

I’ll never understand this forum. People have legitimate complaints about limited articulation from a prototype to a final product. Others take it personal. This is not an opinion, it’s a fact. The HulkBuster has limited articulation than what was originally shown in the prototype. Some people are disappointed. Hell, they have the right to be since they are spending $825 on this piece.

Better leg articulation provides much more dynamic poses. For a technical drafter, I’m not sure how that’s impossible for you to understand. Due to limited articulation, this simple pose cannot be achieved.

1000097438_9.jpg

I am not saying we could make a product better than Hot Toys. No one is arguing that. We are not engineers of this product. What we are, however, are consumers of the product. Consumers with different preferences and tastes. Consumers who are allowed to voice this, if they please.

People take criticisms to figures so personally around here. Spending this kind of money on a figure, people have every right to express being disappointed from limited features and/or articulation.

No offense, of course.

Thanks.

I´m not telling anybody to shut up, I´m just saying that people HAVE TO think realistic.
AS a technical drafter I know how things work, plain and simple.

Try to imagine this: You have the outer shell, right? What is the thickness...1/20th of an inch? You can still show it...
About 1mm...this all around...with the leg area for example...robs the thing the space of 2mm.
On this scale, this is something and you just can´t also forget the fact, that this...due to it only being 1/6, just CAN´T equip the same type of joints it theoretically would use in real life. To have it look this way, extreme compromises have to be made on all sorts of points and since many parts are metal...it won´t budge.
You could´ve made many things out of plastic...maybe the whole thing, but I promise you:
The next discussion that would be up...is how breaky this thing is and that on 800-900 bucks this shouldn´t happen. So we would be running in circles.

You HAVE a fully articulated Hulkbuster, with the best engineering possible today.
If you have it...open it...check out the joints an the confines where this has to work in.
Maybe then you understand...

I´m not telling anybody to shut up, I´m just saying that people HAVE TO think realistic.
AS a technical drafter I know how things work, plain and simple.

Try to imagine this: You have the outer shell, right? What is the thickness...1/20th of an inch? You can still show it...
About 1mm...this all around...with the leg area for example...robs the thing the space of 2mm.
On this scale, this is something and you just can´t also forget the fact, that this...due to it only being 1/6, just CAN´T equip the same type of joints it theoretically would use in real life. To have it look this way, extreme compromises have to be made on all sorts of points and since many parts are metal...it won´t budge.
You could´ve made many things out of plastic...maybe the whole thing, but I promise you:
The next discussion that would be up...is how breaky this thing is and that on 800-900 bucks this shouldn´t happen. So we would be running in circles.

You HAVE a fully articulated Hulkbuster, with the best engineering possible today.
If you have it...open it...check out the joints an the confines where this has to work in.
Maybe then you understand...

I am not arguing any of that. I am simply saying if people want more articulation in the legs, they have a right to voice that opinion. That’s it.

I dont think it's unrealistic to expect greater leg articulation. It's standard in 2017. Other large pieces (igor, iron monger) have it. Greater leg articulation was also shown in the proto.

not a wild ask IMO.

I completely understand the need for this figure to have limited articulation in the legs. It makes sense. However I am in the camp that wishes for more movement in the legs to better perform dynamic poses. I would def prefer to not have the gimmick of putting a full size figure inside, but that's what we have. Is this a deal breaker though? Not for me. The price and lack of space for me on the other hand....:)

Wholeheartedly agree. I'll take the greater articulation over the full figure inside bit anyday.

Maybe they limited the leg articulation to compensate for an entire Mark XLIII inside Hulkbuster. The wider the leg stance the more likely this could topple over. This would be very top heavy with a full Mark XLIII.

Out of curiosity, how many people are planning on displaying this guy with the full MK43 inside? And I don't mean just climbing out of the top. The fact that they did it is a remarkable feat of engineering, but I'm wondering if it was worth it? Especially since it appears that they had to give up some leg articulation to do it.

Why even put the whole figure inside if you have the bust? Who can tell the difference? And do you care?

Even in the "emerging from inside" pose, do you need to be able to put the whole figure in? Or do you just the space of the bust?

Out of curiosity, how many people are planning on displaying this guy with the full MK43 inside? And I don't mean just climbing out of the top. The fact that they did it is a remarkable feat of engineering, but I'm wondering if it was worth it? Especially since it appears that they had to give up some leg articulation to do it.

Not me. The bust is more than sufficient enough. I can’t justify hiding a $300 action figure in an $800 shell. Makes no sense to me. Impressive? Yes. But I have zero interest. If my action figure needs pantyhose prior to being placed somewhere, something is horribly wrong.

You'd think that a technical drafter or engineer would love to see HT take on the challenge and be wow'ed or amazed rather than blindly accepting and being satisfied with nah that's good enough boys.

Oh well, it's mortals like us spending hard earned cash and waiting 6 months to finally dine at a Michelin restaurant but can't be let down by soggy chips, because that was the best engineered chips possible today.

Back