1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
U have not taken into account the thickness of the back which clearly extends out further than the back of the feet. I'm betting it's going to be 12-14" deep.

Newbie, nice observation~ No, i haven't taken into consideration HB's protruding back. I measured the thickest piece (i believe is the feet) to get an idea of its depth/thickness. Perhaps add an extra inch to my estimate. However, with HT HB's articulation i believe there's some room to play with.

Appreciate you looking at this Loomunis. Here's my current cabinet. If all goes well, HB will go where my Guardians are currently at.

(Sorry for the pink measuring tape. It's the first thing my girlfriend handed me. Lol) As you can see, it's just barely over 10 inches. Luckily, I'm more of a museum poser, so I hope he narrowly makes it in.

And for kicks, here's my dog Lloyd. Who loves to bark at Hulk. ALL day.

Brings: You got my attention with the pink measuring tape lol~ Anyhow, does your cabinet have any swinging doors or whatnot? Judging from the photo, it doesn't appear to have one. I believe HT HB may still fit -albeit with protruding limbs. Personally, i'd try and fit him diagonally like how you placed Hulk or in a crouching diagonal position. Optionally, you may consider placing a deeper glass/acrylic panel secured to the current one to add an inch or two. Lastly, have you considered placing HT HB on the roof of your shelf? It can be encased in an custom acrylic-glass cover to prevent dust from entering.

On the bright side, I'm sure HT HB's articulation may help with fitting. Let's not forget the articulated toes and "rear-toes." You may even place a dispensable action figure beneath one of its feet to keep him upright while its toes and "rear-toes" are bent downwards. Hopefully this helps to shave off another inch. Although his limbs may still protrude from your cabinet, I don't see it being a major concern unless there's a lot of traffic by your cabinet.

I sure hope you both don't end up spending more on a new shelf for this beast. As a second-last resort, you may consider a custom shelf made from Ikea parts? After all, this is already an expensive figure.

Cute dog btw :)

For shipping estimates I usually stick with the last month indicated on SSC site. They say April - June for this guy, so I'd say he shipping sometime in June.

For shipping estimates I usually stick with the last month indicated on SSC site. They say April - June for this guy, so I'd say he shipping sometime in June.

Yup. Best estimate
You know I'd like to see the 45 get an early release for around July. That and this would look great with the 43

IKEA Besta folks... I have one and there is more than enough room on one shelf more my 1/4 Mark 43 on its stand. Will suit HB just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I would anticipate June/summer as well. He will be great that is for sure.

Also he should fit in an Ikea Billy case, IF one has the 15" deep one. That's what I love about that case, very versatile. That's where I will be putting it - can't wait to add him!

IKEA Besta folks... I have one and there is more than enough room on one shelf more my 1/4 Mark 43 on its stand. Will suit HB just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah thata taller right? The MK45. Especially on the cool base its got. I like the 1/6 base too.

I know it's March. I know it's early. I just can't help but think each time I check this thread, a picture of a bunch of HulkBuster shipping boxes will appear.

Easily my most anticipated figure ever.

think this might be delayed and deservedly so- HT has to get alot RIGHT with this complex figure....

Back