1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:The Hot Toys 1/6th scale Hulkbuster collectible figure from Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron has grabbed many fans’ attention upon its first official reveal! Previously, Hot Toys has mentioned there will be more in store for this gigantic machine, and today we are happy to share with you all the various updates we have made to this incredible collectible figure!

The Iron Man Hulkbuster collectible figure will now also include two additional interchangeable neck armor parts to give fans more options to display the Hulkbuster in different stages of it suiting up, an interchangeable battle damaged chest armor plate, enhanced arm articulations, upgraded articulations on the legs with new armor parts linkage designs, and improved feet articulations!

Fans who have pre-ordered this collectible figure will be able to enjoy all these upgrades, and for those who haven't done so yet, be sure not to miss out on adding this astonishing gigantic machine to your collection! And please stay tuned for more on what else Hot Toys will offer on this amazing 1/6th scale Hulkbuster collectible figure!: from HT website.

Take this as you will, but when it says what more HT "will offer on" and not "offer for". I know they're not English masters so take that at face value. BTW I'm not in either camp since I'm not getting this giant, but you can see how somebody could be confused by HT's own statements and not be idiots. It just seems if they were going to include the arm or satellite they would've mentioned it by now. It would be kinda funny if they make the items an exclusive to encourage preorders, they did that with the Groot & Rocket set, so there is precedence. Guess only time will tell.

Hopefully this extra arm won't end up like the battery pack add on feature for mk42 which have to be purchased separately...

Fans who have pre-ordered this collectible figure will be able to enjoy all these upgrades, and for those who haven't done so yet, be sure not to miss out on adding this astonishing gigantic machine to your collection! And please stay tuned for more on what else Hot Toys will offer on this amazing 1/6th scale Hulkbuster collectible figure!: from HT website.
tumblr_no1xytlIX41uncszco1_500.gif

I wish someone could come up with some real dimensions. Height X depth X width. Hot Toys should publish this information for the larger figures

Judging from HT HB's upright-standing position in photos, I estimate, the thickest part being the foot, is 7 inches (long). The height being 21-22" tall. And the widest dimension, spanning from one gauntlet to the next, is approximately 15-16 inches.

My overall estimation from photo references: 22"(H) x 16"(W) x 7"(D)

A quick and simple way is to measure HT HB neutral standing position in reference photos. Secondly, calculate the ratio between the photo and actual figure. Thirdly, use algebra to find other missing dimensions -the rest is history. In case people are wondering, my credentials include 3D modelling & animations Diploma, 2D Concept Artist, Marketing, and some experience with Computer Aided Design programs. I have a good sense about proportions. After all, I use it to make a living :)

d2b4661abb0705c711b794a56836bc57.jpg
HT_press01hulkbuster.jpg

With the Delorean paid for and out of the way iam now more excited for Hulkbuster to be released ! Cant wait ��

Well then people are insane. What one company sells included or not doesn't not mean your entitled to it from another nor should you expect it. Especially after an item has gone up for sale. Go compare every release King arts and hot toys have where they cross over and tell me how many have exactly the same things? The king arts has a silly clear face plate, so should I expect hot toys to have it, I mean throw it in for free a year after I paid for it? Or should I butch that the king arts doesn't have the five swap out pieces that the king arts has? Or that one doesn't even come with a mk43 and the other should throw it in for free after the fact. It's silly. You should EXPECT exactly what they announced. Nothing More, nothing less. What other items do you buy and then expect them to throw in extra stuff after you have paid? Silly silly thinking to expect a business to give you more then they announced. They may do so, but you should never expect it Becuase they have no. Obligation to and every incentive not to.

And maybe I missed something, but the king arts figures I've seen reviews did NOT include the arm. So...your whole point is, well, wrong. And just to show..here's the KA in box and, no jack hammer arm. Heck not a mk43 bust or head even. No BD parts. I'm sure your over in the king arts thread complaing that it doesn't come with those parts, since the hot toys does. Same logic.

View attachment 251290

ka's hammer hand is sold separately with the hulk.
123256b6cjp6dcjccjc6xd.jpg

Judging from HT HB's upright-standing position in photos, I estimate, the thickest part being the foot, is 7 inches (long). The height being 21-22" tall. And the widest dimension, spanning from one gauntlet to the next, is approximately 15-16 inches.

My overall estimation from photo references: 22"(H) x 16"(W) x 7"(D)

A quick and simple way is to measure HT HB neutral standing position in reference photos. Secondly, calculate the ratio between the photo and actual figure. Thirdly, use algebra to find other missing dimensions -the rest is history. In case people are wondering, my credentials include 3D modelling & animations Diploma, 2D Concept Artist, Marketing, and some experience with Computer Aided Design programs. I have a good sense about proportions. After all, I use it to make a living :)

View attachment 251671
View attachment 251679

I truly hope you're right, my friend. I have a cabinet that's 10 inches deep. If your dimensions are right, it would be perfect!

Thanks for the insight. :)

It's not that shallow. And I'm not sure how he's using a picture to figure out dimensions without any known dimensions or the focal length of the lens but I don't think algebra is the answer.

I think it's deeper then 10 personally from having seen it in real life, and it's not just the feet. The rear thrusters over hang the back of the feet. It might fit but I really don't think so. If it does it's going to be very tight and you won't be able to pose it.

Brings: Since you mentioned you have a 10" deep shelf, I made a more accurate calculation & visual to show you.
I referenced from a more complete photograph (shown below). And compared it with other references.
It should be closer to 10" deep since, visually, it's slightly less than half of HT HB's total height.

It may be a tight fit in your shelf afterall~ Sorry for the miscalculation -but hey, atleast we're making progress on it's estimated size :)

*Update: New estimated dimensions: 22" (H) x 16" (W) x 10" (D)

(Edit: Brings, if you don't mind, I would like to see the shelf you set aside for HT HB. Perhaps, I can try to figure a workaround to fitting it in..but it will surely be tight)

full scale.jpg
HT HB feet size.jpg
Foot Flipped.jpg

Brings: Since you mentioned you have a 10" deep shelf, I made a more accurate calculation & visual to show you.
I referenced from a more complete photograph (shown below). And compared it with other references.
It should be closer to 10" deep since, visually, it's slightly less than half of HT HB's total height.

It may be a tight fit in your shelf afterall~ Sorry for the miscalculation -but hey, atleast we're making progress on it's estimated size :)

*Update: New estimated dimensions: 22" (H) x 16" (W) x 10" (D)

(Edit: Brings, if you don't mind, I would like to see the shelf you set aside for HT HB. Perhaps, I can try to figure a workaround to fitting it in..but it will surely be tight)

View attachment 251819
View attachment 251822
View attachment 251824

U have not taken into account the thickness of the back which clearly extends out further than the back of the feet. I'm betting it's going to be 12-14" deep.

(Edit: Brings, if you don't mind, I would like to see the shelf you set aside for HT HB. Perhaps, I can try to figure a workaround to fitting it in..but it will surely be tight

Appreciate you looking at this Loomunis. Here's my current cabinet. If all goes well, HB will go where my Guardians are currently at.

image_zpsuntqvadu.jpeg

image_zpsd8cbnvx6.jpeg

(Sorry for the pink measuring tape. It's the first thing my girlfriend handed me. Lol) As you can see, it's just barely over 10 inches. Luckily, I'm more of a museum poser, so I hope he narrowly makes it in.

And for kicks, here's my dog Lloyd. Who loves to bark at Hulk. ALL day.

image_zpsfrjhqoxb.jpeg

Appreciate you looking at this Loomunis. Here's my current cabinet. If all goes well, HB will go where my Guardians are currently at.

image_zpsuntqvadu.jpeg

image_zpsd8cbnvx6.jpeg

(Sorry for the pink measuring tape. It's the first thing my girlfriend handed me. Lol) As you can see, it's just barely over 10 inches. Luckily, I'm more of a museum poser, so I hope he narrowly makes it in.

And for kicks, here's my dog Lloyd. Who loves to bark at Hulk. ALL day.

image_zpsfrjhqoxb.jpeg

Hope it fits but look at hulk. Sideways he barely fits front to back. I just got my hulk today and he makes my 1/4 scale iron man look normal size and all my 1/6 scale figures look like miniatures. Hulkbuster is going to be ginormous compared to hulk.

Hope it fits but look at hulk. Sideways he barely fits front to back. I just got my hulk today and he makes my 1/4 scale iron man look normal size and all my 1/6 scale figures look like miniatures. Hulkbuster is going to be ginormous compared to hulk.

Yes, but that is sideways. Facing forward, he fits with plenty of room. I just moved him sideways for a better pose... Maybe I'm being too optimistic that HB will fit. Lol

Back