1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:gah:

You guys are freaking me out... I haven't ordered yet because i'm letting reward points pile up first... I'm at $175 now, and would be closer to $300 by Late September. I was hoping to wait until October when the flex payments would start, but now i'm starting to think it might not last that long.

You got lots of time imo. I'm holding out for a few more months.

I'm still waiting silently....in the shadows.

:ghost

I am not too worried though. If it heads to a waitlist, I'll jump on it. With an item this expensive, I see a fair amount cancelling. I just like to be cautious with prototype to actual production product.

How do you think the resale value will hold up on this guy? Right now I'm in love with it, but I'm also fairly young and single, and if things change in a few years, you never know if a massive hulkbuster will fit with whatever situations arrise. I don't mean to make a profit, I just don't wanna take a massive loss if he's gonna be impossible to resell.

How do you think the resale value will hold up on this guy? Right now I'm in love with it, but I'm also fairly young and single, and if things change in a few years, you never know if a massive hulkbuster will fit with whatever situations arrise. I don't mean to make a profit, I just don't wanna take a massive loss if he's gonna be impossible to resell.

I think the real problem lies with the shipping cost :slap

Nah I wouldnt say its gonna be impossible, I'd say you will at least get your money back and theres a good chance more. :)
but I also think that after you get it, you won't want to sell it :)

I think there's definitely resale value... I think cost to cost will be possible... Or just slightly below cost.

Resale value could go either way. I think it will all be determined on in hand pics and user reviews. Whatever side majority falls will affect the after market sales. Positive reviews will push those over the edge to buy, negative will make them not order at all. I personally see this being one of the best HT figures to ever be released, but it will take some time after it's available to sell out.

Resale value would do better if it transitioned to "wait list" in the near future...quantity is less than the demand.

I definitely think HB has the potential to increase in resale value on the secondary market especially when you consider that HT's QC is generally very good and I don't think they will be producing a ton of these considering the size and price of it. Certainly not anywhere near the number they produce on an average IM figure.

Resale value could go either way. I think it will all be determined on in hand pics and user reviews. Whatever side majority falls will affect the after market sales. Positive reviews will push those over the edge to buy, negative will make them not order at all. I personally see this being one of the best HT figures to ever be released, but it will take some time after it's available to sell out.
I can't see this figure having a good resale value but then again that can be said for 95% of Hot Toys releases these days. A figure that already cost $825 + shipping is not going to sell well onto others in the market. People will most likely be after a discount on a figure like this rather than pay more than retail. This will probably stay up for PO for a very long time as well.

Based on everything that's sold post Mark VII, other than the exclusives you won't be making back what you paid for any of the armors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you think the resale value will hold up on this guy?
I'd say you will lose on the aftermarket with HB most likely. SSC will have everyone that can barely afford this figure covered with Flexpay, so there will be tons available down the road (also my experience is few people have $800+ lying around to spend on a figure). Shipping privately (as opposed to retailer discounted) will also be really expensive. On the other hand, if you're planning on displaying it for ~3 years, then I think that is still good value on whatever loss you take when selling.

Last edited:
I think the production run number will be the key to the after market value, as others have also pointed out.. both Iron Monger and Igor were relatively slow to sell out at retail because of the initial cost.

Secondary market prices for X Plus' Gigantic series Godzilla GMK, indicate that large size, retail and shipping costs may not reduce demand for a really desirable figure on the secondary market..especially if the production run is low enough, to make the figure difficult to source, after selling out at retail.. I still think Hulkbuster could turn out to be a grail figure, down the road.

Looking at Avengers 2, it doesn't seems as popular as the first one. This could potentially affect its resale value too..

Possibly a figure where the buyer has to pay slightly more than retail and the seller loses money once shipping and fees are taken? Everyone loses except ebay/paypal and shipping companies.

Back