1/6 Hot Toys - MMS281 - Avengers: AoU - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It may just be me, but I've kind of noticed that about this figure. His lower legs/calves seem to kind of protrude out a bit more. I haven't really compared it to other figures so I'm not sure how much more they do than others, but I've only really noticed it on him.

Not really a big deal to me though.
I really haven't noticed that on mine. Might have to take a closer look.
Doesn't take away from the awesomeness if this figure.

I really haven't noticed that on mine. Might have to take a closer look.
Doesn't take away from the awesomeness if this figure.

Not at all. My favorite Cap figure and probably my favorite figure in general.

As mentioned, I haven't compared it to other figures, so it might not be anything abnormal. However, being that I didn't feel the extreme need to immediately to compare it to other figures, that shows you how much it really isn't an issue or a big deal to me. :lol

Maybe Harrison Ford got a hold of a few Caps.
IkgqeSW.gif

Hello guys, I am new to this website. I was actually fallowing for some time but this is the day I decided to register. Anyway, I have a zipper issue just like everyone else.

The main problem was my vest was not positioned well, it was looking to right side slightly, that is why I tried to adjust it. Unfortunately zipper part got loose from both side, when I tried to fit it back, the zipper part got broken. What are your suggestions? I have some ideas in my mind. First one is to contact Hot Toys. Do they send replacement parts? If yes how? If they do not, can I buy directly from them? Second, I saw some sellers on eBay that sells the vest. Problem is, on the manuel it says that vest in non-detachable. It is very hard to take it of as it is very fit. If I buy one from eBay, how can or will I be able to take if off the the broken one and take it on the new one? Is It possible to detach arms? Thank you.

If it's like the stealth version I believe the vest and the undershirt are separate piece you should be able to just change it out for the new one. Hope that works

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If it's like the stealth version I believe the vest and the undershirt are separate piece you should be able to just change it out for the new one. Hope that works

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, the vest and the undershirt is separate but still the vest is too fit to get it off :/

Hot Toys wont send you a replacement. You might have to buy a new body with the upper suit already on.

Hot toys won't replace it. You would need to go through where you bought it.

As for just replacing it...it's possible. But not very easy. Most of the time the suit gets damaged when taking it apart. Your better off buying one that's just the body and top still on. Or living with it. eBay is your best bet. I've seen both the vest or a body and vest for sale on there.

So if I'm understading you correctly, you broke the zipper on the back of the vest piece and the vest piece with a broken zipper is still on the upper body.

The vest piece does come off, as it is a separate piece from the undershirt. Like Motux stated though, it's extremely difficult to do so but if you keep working at it, it does come off. It's all about the way you position and bend the arms. You're going to be bending and twisting the arms around quite a bit to do so. You may end up sitting there for 20 to 30 minutes working at it.

If and when you do get it off, you can always go the route of just buying a new vest piece on eBay. However, you'll have to go through the same process of trying to get the vest back on the body. If and when you do get it on the body, it's very tight fitting, so the zipper doesn't necessarily zip up that easily. The zippers on these suits also seem to be extremely fragile, and if you try and force it, it usually ends up breaking (as you found out). Then there goes a waste of however much you ended up spending on the replacement vest piece (usually $60-$70 is roughtly what people seem to be bidding them up to when I last looked).

As others have recommended, my recommendation would also be to simply by another upper body, or new body altogether, that already comes with the undershirt and the vest piece attached and zipped up. It's more of a safe bet to me spending the roughly $150 than risking spending $60-$70 for just the vest piece and run the extremely high risk of breaking it again. Then just swap the pants, boots and accessories off of the old body and put them on the new body. All of those parts are easy to take off and put back on. Then you could simply part out the old body and undershirt of you wish.

So if I'm understading you correctly, you broke the zipper on the back of the vest piece and the vest piece with a broken zipper is still on the upper body.

The vest piece does come off, as it is a separate piece from the undershirt. Like Motux stated though, it's extremely difficult to do so but if you keep working at it, it does come off. It's all about the way you position and bend the arms. You're going to be bending and twisting the arms around quite a bit to do so. You may end up sitting there for 20 to 30 minutes working at it.

If and when you do get it off, you can always go the route of just buying a new vest piece on eBay. However, you'll have to go through the same process of trying to get the vest back on the body. If and when you do get it on the body, it's very tight fitting, so the zipper doesn't necessarily zip up that easily. The zippers on these suits also seem to be extremely fragile, and if you try and force it, it usually ends up breaking (as you found out). Then there goes a waste of however much you ended up spending on the replacement vest piece (usually $60-$70 is roughtly what people seem to be bidding them up to when I last looked).

As others have recommended, my recommendation would also be to simply by another upper body, or new body altogether, that already comes with the undershirt and the vest piece attached and zipped up. It's more of a safe bet to me spending the roughly $150 than risking spending $60-$70 for just the vest piece and run the extremely high risk of breaking it again. Then just swap the pants, boots and accessories off of the old body and put them on the new body. All of those parts are easy to take off and put back on. Then you could simply part out the old body and undershirt of you wish.

That is a very detailed explanation thank you. I may be live with it as I only pose them like very simple standing man and I only see them from front anyway. I am not sure yet. Important thing is If I ever decide to sell it, I need to fix that up either by buying new vest or new upper body as you suggested.

Have a question for you guys. My Cap's neck collar seems kind of low on the neck, is this normal?

IMG_1187.jpg

The neck post is probably pressing down on it. I'd use the little plastic stick they provided to try and pull the collar up, or if that doesn't work, remove the hs and work on the collar as you're reattaching the hs

Been playing around with it and when I press the neck peg down it goes with it. I guess it looks ok as it is.

Been playing around with it and when I press the neck peg down it goes with it. I guess it looks ok as it is.

I think it's best if you remove the hs altogether first, align the collar while repositioning the hs, before you apply the required pressure to push the hs in (while holding onto the collar at the same time to make sure it doesn't get pushed in along with the neck).

Back