1/6 Hot Toys - MMS281 - Avengers: AoU - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not like he has a backup shield though ha I think they get their stuff back after it's taken away

Haha. Well, he did seem to have new shields popping up on occasion. I presume the AoU shield was a newly fabricated shield. If that's the case, that would mean he still has his TWS/presumably A1 shield lying around somewhere (presuming it was fished out of the Potomac). Plus, he presumably also has his strike shield and suit lying around somewhere. :lol

Or as you said, they simply get their stuff back after it's confiscated and apparently alter a few things.

They're all meant to be the same shield ... as ridiculous as it sounds the Strike suit shield was either just painted differently or had a covering on it to give it the muted colors. The only vibranium that's not in Wakanda is in that shield and whatever Ultron stole in AOU.

They're all meant to be the same shield ... as ridiculous as it sounds the Strike suit shield was either just painted differently or had a covering on it to give it the muted colors. The only vibranium that's not in Wakanda is in that shield ... and whatever Ultron stole in AOU.

Interesting. I was under the impression that the strike and AoU shields were newly fabricated shields with the synthetic vibranium and that the A1 and TWS GA shields were the same shield from TFA that Howard Stark furnished him with.

The AOU one just went strapless. In AOU when they are discussing Klaue and vibranium Rogers says, "I thought your father said he got the last of it." and then Stark says the strongest metal on Earth comes from Wakanda as they look at the shield ... so he found it somehow after he dropped it in the Potomac. Maybe Iron Man got it for him ha

There were other things to look at besides the details of Evans' helmet in the movies. :wink1: :rotfl

You were saying? :lol

FB_IMG_1449095993254.jpg

Exact same helmet from AoU.

As for the shield, I believe they already switched it back to leather straps in between AoU and CW. In the set photos for the market battle with Crossbones and his goons (which we know takes place at the beginning of the film), you can clearly see Cap's shield already has the leather straps, and his CW costume doesn't have the arm magnets anymore. Also he hasn't had new shields fabricated since TFA, it's supposed to be the same shield but with varying paint jobs and brackets throughout the films. Can't really call it the rarest metal on earth if SHIELD and Stark keep building new shields :lol It wasn't until AoU that we actually see there's more vibranium out in the MCU, though we all figured they'd introduce Wakanda eventually.

so he found it somehow after he dropped it in the Potomac. Maybe Iron Man got it for him ha

They actually show the shield back with Rogers when he's in the hospital bed after Bucky pulls him out of the water, it's in the room towards the bottom of the screen.

As for the shield, I believe they already switched it back to leather straps in between AoU and CW. In the set photos for the market battle with Crossbones and his goons (which we know takes place at the beginning of the film), you can clearly see Cap's shield already has the leather straps, and his CW costume doesn't have the arm magnets anymore. Also he hasn't had new shields fabricated since TFA, it's supposed to be the same shield but with varying paint jobs and brackets throughout the films. Can't really call it the rarest metal on earth if SHIELD and Stark keep building new shields :lol It wasn't until AoU that we actually see there's more vibranium out in the MCU, though we all figured they'd introduce Wakanda eventually.

Ah, I see. Good eye with seeing his shield in the hospital room at the end of TWS. I never noticed that. I'll have to look for that next time. :)

I presumed that with Tony Stark being able to synthesize vibranium, it was reasonable to think that Cap wasn't limited to just one shield and was able to have a cache of them if he wanted, being that he has ties with someone with the wherewithal to produce another one. I figured that didn't necessarily take away from his presumed main shield, so to speak, being the only object that contained the last known amount of genuine vibranium.

Exact same helmet from AoU.

As for the shield, I believe they already switched it back to leather straps in between AoU and CW. In the set photos for the market battle with Crossbones and his goons (which we know takes place at the beginning of the film), you can clearly see Cap's shield already has the leather straps, and his CW costume doesn't have the arm magnets anymore. Also he hasn't had new shields fabricated since TFA, it's supposed to be the same shield but with varying paint jobs and brackets throughout the films. Can't really call it the rarest metal on earth if SHIELD and Stark keep building new shields [emoji38] It wasn't until AoU that we actually see there's more vibranium out in the MCU, though we all figured they'd introduce Wakanda eventually.

They actually show the shield back with Rogers when he's in the hospital bed after Bucky pulls him out of the water, it's in the room towards the bottom of the screen.
Wow...I'll have to check that out. Watched the movie so many times but never noticed it. I guess Sam must've gotten it for him. Thanks.

I'm glad the leather straps are back. I was always fond of how Rogers developed his own fighting style with the shield and its vibranium properties and wasn't relying on magnets. I blame Whedon for that.

I'm glad the leather straps are back. I was always fond of how Rogers developed his own fighting style with the shield and its vibranium properties and wasn't relying on magnets. I blame Whedon for that.

I concur. While I absolutely love the magnetic shield feature on the AoU Cap figure, I slightly felt the Stark tech shield in the film wasn't really his style.

Has anyone had a waitlist convert on this one recently? I'm wondering if I should keep holding out hope or head over to the Bay.

-Kevin

Thanks for that shot of man ass, Auel. :rolleyes2 :lol

I don't think it'll convert, billfark. You can choose to pay a higher price now or wait for someone to sell theirs after we see the CW prototype.

Quick question to all the people who own this figure - does the shield suffer from issues reported on previous Cap releases? Paint cracks, flaking, etc? Do you need to seal the paint anyhow?

I'm waiting for my Cap to arrive (Monday I presume) so I'd prefer to secure the shield as soon as possible if that's in fact neccessary.

Thanks!

Back