1/6 Hot Toys - MMS281 - Avengers: AoU - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, just wanna ask for advice from those of you with experience in fixing HT figures.

So I've just received my AoU Cap figure and everything's great, except that his left calf section seems loose; it kind of slides/pops in and out. It pops in when it's standing on both feet, but becomes loose again once I took it off the table.

I've tried pushing the calf in, but have had no luck. The knee and ankle are able to bend and twist just fine though. The figure is able to stand without any problems too, but I can't help wondering if there is something that broke inside.

Is there an easy fix for this issue? Thanks in advance :)

Hey guys, just wanna ask for advice from those of you with experience in fixing HT figures.

So I've just received my AoU Cap figure and everything's great, except that his left calf section seems loose; it kind of slides/pops in and out. It pops in when it's standing on both feet, but becomes loose again once I took it off the table.

I've tried pushing the calf in, but have had no luck. The knee and ankle are able to bend and twist just fine though. The figure is able to stand without any problems too, but I can't help wondering if there is something that broke inside.

That's so weird, having completely disassembled this guy recently....Theres no joints or anything in the calf. Best Bet, pop off his foot (just pull) and roll up the pant leg to get a good look at whats wrong, if something is in fact broken, take pics, send them to sideshow and get a replacement.

That's so weird, having completely disassembled this guy recently....Theres no joints or anything in the calf. Best Bet, pop off his foot (just pull) and roll up the pant leg to get a good look at whats wrong, if something is in fact broken, take pics, send them to sideshow and get a replacement.

Didn't know the boot could be taken off like that. Will go ahead and do that once I get home later..thanks!

Didn't know the boot could be taken off like that. Will go ahead and do that once I get home later..thanks!

I didnt either until I was forced to destroy one of these guys recently. apparently the boot is just a peg in a hole. No need to worry about it.

Finally got 'em
y4Wm8pw.jpg

TvZuX7x.jpg

8P4m0qW.jpg

9bDGHn1.jpg

lOcRSOy.jpg

pPJ3BAA.jpg

Do you think he's going on waitlist soon? Running tight on funds right now but might consider using last month's code on him, or do you think he'll get $ off discounts eventually?

That's odd.

Are you talking about the foot peg? Or the actual calf on the figure body? If it's the latter, that's odd. As mentioned, just pull the foot off the peg and roll up his pant leg a bit to look at the calf on his leg.

Let us know what you find and what the issue appears to be.

Do you think he's going on waitlist soon? Running tight on funds right now but might consider using last month's code on him, or do you think he'll get $ off discounts eventually?

Honestly hard to tell. I think the AoU runs are a lot higher this time around and I'm not sure if any of the other Avengers have sold out

Honestly hard to tell. I think the AoU runs are a lot higher this time around and I'm not sure if any of the other Avengers have sold out
Cool, that's what I was thinking too, was planning on waiting until spook or next year to pick some of them up since the movie wasn't as good, plus I have enough figures/statues at the moment to organize. I was thinking of just saving and waiting out the next few months. Trying to find out what's okay to stay patient with. :wink1:

Cool, that's what I was thinking too, was planning on waiting until spook or next year to pick some of them up since the movie wasn't as good, plus I have enough figures/statues at the moment to organize. I was thinking of just saving and waiting out the next few months. Trying to find out what's okay to stay patient with. :wink1:

I would play the wait list game. I do this time to time.

Just check in every so often and once you see something you want go to wait list jump on. Good chance you'll get one.

If that never comes just sit back and wait for a good deal.

Did this for HTs Raiden and I got a conversion in like 3 weeks.

I would play the wait list game. I do this time to time.

Just check in every so often and once you see something you want go to wait list jump on. Good chance you'll get one.

If that never comes just sit back and wait for a good deal.

Did this for HTs Raiden and I got a conversion in like 3 weeks.
Nice. Glad to hear the exclusives are finally going to waitlist. I will be sad if Maria Hill lasts til $20 off, haha

That's odd.

Are you talking about the foot peg? Or the actual calf on the figure body? If it's the latter, that's odd. As mentioned, just pull the foot off the peg and roll up his pant leg a bit to look at the calf on his leg.

Let us know what you find and what the issue appears to be.

Hmm at the moment I doubt it's the foot peg, as the ankles seem to be working fine and the figure doesn't have any problems standing. However, when I tried pushing the calf up, it actually shifted, which led me to think that it's the calf section that is the issue. But I'll try opening it up once I return home later and get back to you guys with the results. Thanks!

Hmm at the moment I doubt it's the foot peg, as the ankles seem to be working fine and the figure doesn't have any problems standing. However, when I tried pushing the calf up, it actually shifted, which led me to think that it's the calf section that is the issue. But I'll try opening it up once I return home later and get back to you guys with the results. Thanks!

Hope it's nothing major. Keep us posted.

Finally decided to cave in and get him. I'm in awe...This is the best Cap by HT so far. I used some of my rewards from SSC so I practically got it free just paying for shipping :yess:

Anyway here's some pics

Out of the box I was amazed how good this came out. With all the fantastic pics I've seen, I was thinking that the blue was too light and the white was too bright and it didn't look screen accurate. However in person, it is spot on IMO. The blues are very dark and the white is such an off white color, almost a grayish tint which is perfect like the film.

It must be how the lighting from the cameras makes it look like the white is so much brighter and the blues are much stronger

This is what I mean, this is what the actual tint that comes with the HT outfit. The white is perfect to the movie accuracy, the red is darker and the blue is deeper just like the movie IMO

wa

But in certain lights, it could appear much brighter in the colors like this

Can't wait to see what it looks like in the morning.

Out of the box I was amazed how good this came out. With all the fantastic pics I've seen, I was thinking that the blue was too light and the white was too bright and it didn't look screen accurate. However in person, it is spot on IMO. The blues are very dark and the white is such an off white color, almost a grayish tint which is perfect like the film.

It must be how the lighting from the cameras makes it look like the white is so much brighter and the blues are much stronger

This is what I mean, this is what the actual tint that comes with the HT outfit. The white is perfect to the movie accuracy, the red is darker and the blue is deeper just like the movie IMO

But in certain lights, it could appear much brighter in the colors like this

Can't wait to see what it looks like in the morning.

I actually thought the suit had white accents from pictures, and was surprised when I got it to see how silver it actually is.

WAITLISTED.

I wish Sideshow would give a "Low Stock" warning. I've been waiting to get this guy for the last couple of weeks, but was hoping to hold off until the 17th for reward points to convert.

Great pictures guyver!

Didn't know the arms in the suit can go that high. I know they increased articulation in them as an improvement from the strike suit, but I didn't know that height was possible. :lol

Then again, I've never tried out of fear I tear some stitching or something.

Back