1/6 Hot Toys - MMS281 - Avengers: AoU - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just wondering, did anyone here manage to get Cap's hand to grasp the shield's handle?

I feel that there is just so little room to maneuver and that the fingers will tear if I were to force the fingers through the handle.

just wondering, did anyone here manage to get Cap's hand to grasp the shield's handle?

I feel that there is just so little room to maneuver and that the fingers will tear if I were to force the fingers through the handle.

I've done it many times. It's not that bad just be careful with it. Also yeah just use pliers to get the pegs out of the hands.

Regarding pegs, I also find it's easier to press the peg into the hand first and then attach the hand to the arm, rather than already having the peg in the arm and then trying to attach the hand to it.

I just bite down on those suckers with my teeth and yank them out

Jaws.jpg

Here is sideshows response to my request to exchange my crooked star cap

"Thank you for your email. I compared your pictures to our display model and few other pieces, and I don’t believe I have a replacement for your Capt. America that would be a significant improvement. These items are all hand crafted, and there will be slight imperfections and variations on the costume on every figure if you look at it close enough. These are normal and because of this, any replacement we could provide you would be the same. I hope this answers your questions.

Questions you say, yes I have a few lol

What does he mean he doesn't believe he has a replacement?? Did the display model have a crooked star or not???? It shouldn't be a matter of faith or belief-The lack of conviction is not assuring either, its as if he is trying to convince himself.
What constitutes a "significant improvement and/or a slight variation?
If a crooked star is considered a normal acceptable variation why isn't there more AoU caps with crooked stars?
What is the distinction between an acceptable/normal variation and a defect?

Normally I would just return it and order another one but mine doesn't have the messed up eyes and there is no guarantee they wont send me the same one I just returned. Plus I am concerned that they considered a crooked star on captain America to be normal. What about a crooked S shield on Superman???

Last edited:
Here is sideshows response to my request to exchange my crooked star cap

"Thank you for your email. I compared your pictures to our display model and few other pieces, and I don’t believe I have a replacement for your Capt. America that would be a significant improvement. These items are all hand crafted, and there will be slight imperfections and variations on the costume on every figure if you look at it close enough. These are normal and because of this, any replacement we could provide you would be the same. I hope this answers your questions.

Questions you say, yes I have a few lol

What does he mean he doesn't believe he has a replacement?? Did the display model have a crooked star or not???? It shouldn't be a matter of faith or belief-The lack of conviction is not assuring either, its as if he is trying to convince himself.
What constitutes a "significant improvement and/or a slight variation?
If a crooked star is considered a normal acceptable variation why isn't there more AoU caps with crooked stars?
What is the distinction between an acceptable/normal variation and a defect?

Normally I would just return it and order another one but mine doesn't have the messed up eyes and there is no guarantee they wont send me the same one I just returned. Plus I am concerned that they considered a crooked star on captain America to be normal. What about a crooked S shield on Superman???

I understand your frustrations. I contacted them earlier regarding loose arms, but later found out that it wasn't really an issue after all.

However, I can understand what SS is saying. You have to also remember, SS is a distributor; not a producer. I'm not sure how the replacement process goes, but as I mentioned in a previous response, I'm not sure if that would mean they have to open shipping crate after shipping crate, open each box and inspect the star on each figure to make sure they give you one that is perfectly aligned and straight. Especially with a figure that I'd be willing to wager that will be out of stock soon.

Also, if they sent you an entirely new figure, I'd imagine they'd simply grab another one in the shipping crate off the rack and send you it. That means there's no guarantees that this one will be any better or potentially worse. Also, the replacement one you receive could have an entirely different and more major issue that your current one doesn't have.

Part of what makes them so expensive and valuable is that every part is hand made; hand painted, hand stitched, etc. Theyre not machine and mass produced like G.I Joes for instance. That being the case, not every figure is going to be exactly the same.

Believe me, I understand your frustration because this Cap is an awesome figure and I'd want him to be as immaculate as possible.

I tried getting a replacement for gamora, I got the first batch and her eyes were wonky, but they responded:

"Thank you for providing the extra picture in your last email. After holding our display up next to the picture you have provided, the eyes match our display here. However, per your request I have processed an RMA for you to return the figure to us for the product price only refund. You will receive an automated email within 24 hours with instructions on how to proceed.

If you should have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me.

Best regards, Brennan Mount"

he then said : "As I stated previously, your Gamora is typical of all of these figures. If you should choose to order another figure, you are more than welcome to do so but I can assure you that the eyes will look the same. I would just like to disclose that to you before you confirm that this is what you would like to do.

I ended up returning and paying shipping, I am yet to order another

More SSCs BS.

What that means is, all the stock we have earmarked for replacements and defects, pretty much looks just like yours. In other words, you waited too late and the replacement stock has slim pickings.

If you can, and it really bothers you, return it and order from somewhere else.

the red and white fabric around my cap's waist isn't sewn together quite symmetrically under the star but it doesn't really bother me

what does bother me a little is the strange positioning of the knee pads but it looks like every figure is the same when it comes to that

Back