1/6 Hot Toys - MMS281 - Avengers: AoU - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Captain America Collectible Figure (Toy Sou

Beautiful piece....now the price tag will be???

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Captain America Collectible Figure (Toy Sou

I'm really digging the strapless/magnetic shield. I'm still unsure if they re-tailored the suit. The stripes could be helping out with his "shape". The stealth suit is so plain, you couldn't get away with hiding it's shape.

I really like how the shield doesn't have straps and that it is magnetic or something but I'm interested to see how HT pulls it off

Probably just little magnets like the faceplates of the Iron Man armors, right up their alley really

I see this possibly happening as well.

I had to return my goal to the realistic collecting rule of 1 version per character, so I'm contemplating this one over the Stealth purely because this one, while based on the Stealth design, is his own uniform, doesn't represent SHIELD, and has the red in it.

But I want that Evans sculpt from the two pack. Like, really, really bad. I like to display my figures maskless.

I am in the exact same boat as you. I also decided to reduce my collecting to one version of each character, and I cancelled the stealth two-pack in favor of this version. I'm also hoping for an unmasked headsculpt that's as good as the Rogers head from the stealth two-pack--if we don't get one with this set, I may have to pick up the Rogers head on ebay or at Toy Anxiety.

Probably just little magnets like the faceplates of the Iron Man armors, right up their alley really

You can see the magnets on his other arm (on top of his glove and forearm close to the elbow) in the third picture on the first page.

I'm betting the price tag will be $229

I'm waiting to see if they resolve the issues that plagued the TWS stealth suit Cap. If HT plans on just updating the costume and not addressing those glaring problems, this'll be an easy pass for me.
can you update me on the issues I playing catch up

3rd best of the show imo, behind Thanos and H-B

You can see the magnets on his other arm (on top of his glove and forearm close to the elbow) in the third picture on the first page.

Yeah I know, those have been on the actual suit from the earliest images, I was just answering that incorporating magnets into figures is something Hot Toys is well accustomed to already

v8X6sNh.jpg

Been a fan of Hot Toys for a while but i've never owned one. Should this be my first purchase?

The head has the same prob as the stealth ver. It's overall a hair to large

Oh god, it's the attack of the giant knee pads and puffy nazi pants all over again. What is the deal with HT's love for puffy cargo pockets?

Back