1/6 Hot Toys - MMS281 - Avengers: AoU - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would imagine that the easiest way would just be to take a hammer to it, or if you don't have the heart to do that (I wouldn't blame you), just simply imperfect the item by drilling a hole right through it. That would probably only work for a headsculpt though, being that a drilled hole on a body is going to be concealed by clothes. The body, you may need to smash.

I would imagine that the easiest way would just be to take a hammer to it, or if you don't have the heart to do that (I wouldn't blame you), just simply imperfect the item by drilling a hole right through it. That would probably only work for a headsculpt though, being that a drilled hole on a body is going to be concealed by clothes. The body, you may need to smash.

Yeah, The thought of taking a hammer to it is honestly a little hard for me. I'll do what I gotta do though.

Drilling holes through headsculpts I like to think of as being the "Egon Spangler method".

image.jpg

Darn, I thought people would get that humorous reference. :lol

To answer your question, that I'm not sure. I've never had to go through the experience of having to return something with SS and then having to "destroy" the previous item. I wasn't even privy that's what they have you do up until a few weeks ago.

I do know that if it's just simply something like a defective headsculpt or a broken shield, they only require you to destroy the partciular item that they are replacing. I'm not sure what their protocol is and what the requirements are if you need an entirely new figure/body.

I would just light him on fire if you're that worried.

I don't even wanna hit him with a hammer, what makes you think I could do that!? lol. I might just let my wife destroy him, She's kinda been wanting to ever since I told her how expensive he was! lol.

Darn, I thought people would get that humorous reference. :lol

To answer your question, that I'm not sure. I've never had to go through the experience of having to return something with SS and then having to "destroy" the previous item. I wasn't even privy that's what they have you do up until a few weeks ago.

I do know that if it's just simply something like a defective headsculpt or a broken shield, they only require you to destroy the partciular item that they are replacing. I'm not sure what their protocol is and what the requirements are if you need an entirely new figure/body.

Trust me, I got and LOVED the reference. +10 points.

I don't even wanna hit him with a hammer, what makes you think I could do that!? lol. I might just let my wife destroy him, She's kinda been wanting to ever since I told her how expensive he was! lol.

Dude you're getting a new replacement. If you don't wanna destroy it and keep it it's kinda ridiculous to ask for a replacement.

I ran my iron patriot with my truck when asked to destroy it. Now that I think about it. Should've done the aerosol with lighter deal like Rorshach.

I had to destroy a HT berserker pred and went all out on that mofo

lit him on fire and then dropped a cinder block on his flaming body

I figured if I had to do it I might as well have some fun

I had to destroy a HT berserker pred and went all out on that mofo

lit him on fire and then dropped a cinder block on his flaming body

I figured if I had to do it I might as well have some fun

I would have pretended I was Royce and bashed his head in. :lol

I wrapped a PF i had to destroy with an old towel and beat the crap out of it with a hammer, sucked but ssc sent me a perfect one.

Back