1/6 Hot Toys - MMS281 - Avengers: AoU - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
05c7f8545de03fe584f9082d1d445f42.jpg

Saw this picture on facebook with the caption:

"This is one of the most complex mod I've personally done. Pried open and added a magnet to the closed first, with alteration for fitting the magnet."

I'd like to see how this was done although I'm not sure I'm up to modifying these figures. I have the tools and the talent, I'm just not sure I want to de-value the figure by changing it in any way. I guess I need to figure out what these HT figures mean to me; are they something to potentially re-sell sometime in the future, or just something to enjoy without the thought of value?

I'd like to see how this was done although I'm not sure I'm up to modifying these figures. I have the tools and the talent, I'm just not sure I want to de-value the figure by changing it in any way. I guess I need to figure out what these HT figures mean to me; are they something to potentially re-sell sometime in the future, or just something to enjoy without the thought of value?

Order an extra set of fists for $4-$5. If the mod turns out the way you hope, great. If not, you're only out a few bucks and you won't devalue your figure.

Toyanxiety's new site should be up and running early July. They won't be updating any new product until the new site launches, but that's my go-to for loose items.

What's the point of modding the fist to have a magnet if you aren't even going to see the hand with the shield in front of it?:dunno

What's the point of modding the fist to have a magnet if you aren't even going to see the hand with the shield in front of it?:dunno

Perhaps it would lend to a pose where you didn't have to hide the kung-fu-grip hand behind the shield? :dunno

Kung-fu-grip...I'm showing my age.

Back