1/6 Hot Toys - MMS275 -John Blake/ Jim Gordon with Bat-Signal Collectible Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So... Despite I already own iminime Gordon and The Batsignal by Woody, I gave in and ordered a fullset. I will decide what to keep when I have it in hand. Always good to have options. :)
Most likely will buy HT Selina and the upcomming unlicenced Fox and finally finish the Nolanverse. :lol

So... Despite I already own iminime Gordon and The Batsignal by Woody, I gave in and ordered a fullset. I will decide what to keep when I have it in hand. Always good to have options. :)
Most likely will buy HT Selina and the upcomming unlicenced Fox and finally finish the Nolanverse. :lol
... until they came up with an official fox and ra's al ghul :D

I like JGL enough where I'll pick up the John Blake/Signal set sooner or later. I already have a Gordon SWAT version so I don't need another one of him.

... until they came up with an official fox and ra's al ghul :D

I do already own the iminime Al Ghul, but nevertheless you might be right. :lol

I like JGL enough where I'll pick up the John Blake/Signal set sooner or later. I already have a Gordon SWAT version so I don't need another one of him.

You can always change the SWAT head and have a general GC SWAT to company Gordon and Blake. :)

I do already own the iminime Al Ghul, but nevertheless you might be right. :lol
lol yeah, I thought they won't be doing Alfred, but bat armoury set proves me wrong. Thought they won't do Blake, but bat signal set proves me wrong. So I won't be surprised if Fox will surface as well, maybe with the bomb set.. with Talia :D

Took these in Hong Kong.

FullSizeRender_zpsb03bb33e.jpg

PB280042_zpsbfbe2a97.jpg

PB280040_zpsb00c569c.jpg

PB280039_zpsd346489d.jpg

PB280041_zps0346fc2c.jpg

I like Gordon figure (especially his iconic coat), but plain reuse of his head is just killing me.
Why is it so hard to paint him older and change his hairstyle? :slap:gah:

Blake is perfect!

Could you even paint him older? Or would you have to resculpt his face and hair? Either way, HT didn't think it was worth it.

You probably could just paint him up a bit to look older, but really it would need a new sculpt to do it right.

The only way things like this set get made are because hot toys can cut costs on tooling by re-using the commish head and some other parts. They know that a set like this won't move even half of what a joker or batman would. So they have to know they can resume parts now, or on future stuff. Only way to keep costs down and a steady profit margin. I know most people don't think or know about the way it works or why they do things. But it's not random or even different from other manufacturers logistical approach. Hot toys has a few additional steps most don't, and they make a unique product, but the overall process is the same.

They could have at least resculpted his hair.

Which would have added thousands to the cost. So they would either of had to sell 25-35% more by doing that(minimum) or add 25-35% to the cost(minimum). Possibly as much as 50% more. It may seem like a small change...but that change would be huge on the production size. You go from reusing a die and no new sculpting costs, to new die and added sculpting. It's a big difference. Probably big enough to cause this set to not get made at all.

Which would have added thousands to the cost. So they would either of had to sell 25-35% more by doing that(minimum) or add 25-35% to the cost(minimum). Possibly as much as 50% more. It may seem like a small change...but that change would be huge on the production size. You go from reusing a die and no new sculpting costs, to new die and added sculpting. It's a big difference. Probably big enough to cause this set to not get made at all.

We get it. You know stuff.

Can you please stop it now? Let us moan like the moaners we love to be.

Sincerely,

Everybody.

Back