1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't think there have been any problems to report. You should be fine as long the figure isn't extremely heavy though. I did the same thing and bought an Electro stand to hold my Magneto figure and its held up fine.

I'm not sure about the others who's got this figure since its release, but I think even those that look clean and perfect right out of the box CAN have the dark mark on the forehead after a while. Here's a side-by-side pic of the one I took last January, and the one I took yesterday to post on my For Sale thread in our local collectors group (I'm selling all my non-DC stuff to focus on Batman/DC 1/6 and 1/4 figures).
Spidey%20head%20timelapse_zpsvuqwcuyn.jpg

As for the webbing alignment on the neck and chest, mine looks very good on the front, but some misalignment at the back.

PC100861_zpsxwdp0nwp.jpg

PC100859_zps8hp1zsm0.jpg
Mine looks exactly like this now. It's a shame, because I really liked this figure. I mean, it's still a good figure, but I have OCD and even if no one else ever notices it, I know it's there now and it makes me pretty upset.

Hot Toys really needs to start doing their homework and experiment with things in advance, before popping out these expensive figures that end up costing their customers in the end. The way these things sell out now, I don't think it's a wise move to "wait out the problems" anymore like you used to be able to do sometimes.

That mindset is okay for phones, because a lot of the time they really do need to work out the kinks. This is ridiculous though. I can't remember the exact price I paid for this, but I'm thinking it was around $240 in all. Half of me really wants to keep it and just damn my OCD. The other half is really hoping like hell that Hot Toys is learning from their **** ups with the ASM figures and is hard at work making the Civil War Spidey worthy of the brand.

Mine looks exactly like this now. It's a shame, because I really liked this figure. I mean, it's still a good figure, but I have OCD and even if no one else ever notices it, I know it's there now and it makes me pretty upset.

Hot Toys really needs to start doing their homework and experiment with things in advance, before popping out these expensive figures that end up costing their customers in the end. The way these things sell out now, I don't think it's a wise move to "wait out the problems" anymore like you used to be able to do sometimes.

That mindset is okay for phones, because a lot of the time they really do need to work out the kinks. This is ridiculous though. I can't remember the exact price I paid for this, but I'm thinking it was around $240 in all. Half of me really wants to keep it and just damn my OCD. The other half is really hoping like hell that Hot Toys is learning from their **** ups with the ASM figures and is hard at work making the Civil War Spidey worthy of the brand.

That's the problem, with the increased demand and how well the figures are selling, there isn't really an incentive for them to improve, except out of their passion for this industry. Now is the time for HT to show their mettle.

That's the problem, with the increased demand and how well the figures are selling, there isn't really an incentive for them to improve, except out of their passion for this industry. Now is the time for HT to show their mettle.
I'm really torn about this. I really loved this figure in all honesty. It was one that just popped out whenever I would look at my shelves. I think it's far too late to contact hot toys about a replacement. I'm sure the head pops off and is an easy switch, but it's likely not an option at this point.

Im pretty OCD but most of the ASM figures are either like this or going to be so it wouldnt bother me if that was the case, like my Iron Monger with the cracked hips.

the problem is the tape. the discolorations people are seeing is the strips of black tape that is used on the head to keep the cloth in position. it seems to me that the fabric stretching over time the older it gets makes the tape more visible underneath. it's not glaring, but you can notice it if you move it around in the light. mine was perfect day one, but also has it visible now.

these 2 strips are now showing thru on mine, which were not there 6+ months ago...

I have no idea why they even did it that way to begin with. Aren't the eyes pretty much pegged into the head through the mask? If so, that would be substantial enough to have kept it in place.

Ugh. I just want this fixed. I've resolved the few issues I've had with other Hot Toys figures on my own, but I literally can't do this one. I don't even like the Civil War suit as much as I do this one. So, it's a loss on that front even if they do that version.

Welp, there's definitely no fixing this through customer service means. Would have to do a mod and I'm not even remotely skilled enough for what that would entail. I just paint, lol.

Bummer. -.-

I contacted ClipperKing and he suggested a method and so I tried using a pencil eraser to buff out some of the grease or whatever it is. I didn't want to damage the cloth, so in the end I really didn't get anywhere with it. Or at least, I can't tell anyway.

I'm going to go ahead and assume that an upwards of 80% of these figures get the grease defect on the face eventually. And possibly even all of them are susceptible to it. With that said... is there ANY way to solve this without doing surgery on it?

My copy has some of the worst staining I've seen thus far..forget a few blotches, try THE WHOLE FRONT OF THE HEAD!

spidey stain 3.jpgspidey stain 2unnamed.jpgspidey stain 1.jpg

I got it off ebay a few weeks ago. Naturally I was pissed, as the seller neglected to mention this. I was able to get him to refund enough to make me more or less alright with it, though I doubt I'll be able to resell it for a decent price if I do. I was able to lighten it up by using warm water and a damp q-tip and going over it over and over again, though it took some red off with it. Now it looks like the whole front of the face is in shadow, which actually isn't too bad since it looks "natural" compared to a few stains, but I'd rather it not be there at all. It seems to be coming back, too, which is depressing. This is such a cool figure otherwise.

As for using eraser, I'll try using a kneaded eraser; you can get that in any art/hobby store. I think that'll be more effective than a number 2 pencil eraser.

Damn, that's the worst case I've seen yet. I have two streaks on the mine. It's boxed up now but when I get it back out I'm trying Dawn and a Qtip.

Back