1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
plan.jpg

:hi5:

That's the greatest response. Laughed out loud at work...

Ok, so I have the same webbing alignment issue as on the picture above. The one where the neck joins the body. It's really bugging me. First thing I see everytime I look at the figure...

I replaced the figure and got a brand new one with the same exact issue. FML :dunno

Is there any way this can be fixed? Is there any tutorial how to pop the head off? Maybe I'll be able to reattach it in the correct position.

This black "stains" are not "stains"! There's 2 black strip (probably rubber) top of the inner head to immobilize the fabric. But now I have this:

This black "stains" are not "stains"! There's 2 black strip (probably rubber) top of the inner head to immobilize the fabric.

Luckily my Spidey head is ok. It is literally perfect, it doesn't have a single supercommon stitching vs webbing pattern issue (will post pics later).

What I was referring to is this neck issue:
spidy.png

I could see some people have the same thing on their figures. Is there any known way of fixing this issue?

If you remove the head, there will be a visible seam when you re-attach it. No matter how hard you push it down because the fabric sinks into the neck socket. If your figure doesn't have a splotch on its forehead, just consider yourself lucky. i have not seen any figure with perfect 'alignment' on the webbing all the way around. Even in official pictures its slightly off

I got one of these from Popcultcha. Finally opened it today to look for black splodges and no sign of any so that's good.

I do have the webbing misalignment from head to torso though. Very noticeable to me. I don't think returning it is an option though, as id be stung on shipping and I already had to pay $60 in taxes when this arrived in the country.

I got one of these from Popcultcha. Finally opened it today to look for black splodges and no sign of any so that's good.

I do have the webbing misalignment from head to torso though. Very noticeable to me. I don't think returning it is an option though, as id be stung on shipping and I already had to pay $60 in taxes when this arrived in the country.
Maybe you can sell it in your own country and make your money back. I know a defect like that would bother me.

Refer to Centrocal's post above yours. It may be worse on some figures than on others, but isn't this normal?

I'm not sure about the others who's got this figure since its release, but I think even those that look clean and perfect right out of the box CAN have the dark mark on the forehead after a while. Here's a side-by-side pic of the one I took last January, and the one I took yesterday to post on my For Sale thread in our local collectors group (I'm selling all my non-DC stuff to focus on Batman/DC 1/6 and 1/4 figures).
Spidey%20head%20timelapse_zpsvuqwcuyn.jpg

As for the webbing alignment on the neck and chest, mine looks very good on the front, but some misalignment at the back.

PC100861_zpsxwdp0nwp.jpg

PC100859_zps8hp1zsm0.jpg

I find that I am absolutely paranoid about ruining this figure through posing. I've carefully put it in a couple of dynamic poses, but I feel like I can see the stress on the costume. It has definitely bounced back so looks great still in museum (the most I had it in a dynamic pose was 6 hours or so), but it's freaking me out.

So I've opened my figure properly after receiving it from Santa, and I am loving it. I can live with the misalignment on the front, as it's only really noticeable with a straight on museum pose, and this figure begs to be posed dynamically!

Hoping one of you technology minded chaps can help me, I remember seeing in this thread, or the ASM1 figure thread, that there is a way to do a google image search on a specific thread on this site e.g. I can see everyone's photos from this thread in one search. Thanks to anyone who can help!

It's impossible to remove this black "top of head" spots with cleaning it. Because they are not stain. There's 2; most prabably soft rubber; black stripes on the head to immobilize the mask. With time; I think; the black stripes becomes more visible.

Back