1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really want to buy one of this figure. I'm a fan of Spidey and I really like the new costume. I pre-ordered one but I cancelled it. I hope they fix it and I can buy one.

To those who have seen the proto in person at conventions -- does it look like a cheap toy like it does in pictures?

I'm still hoping that this figure turns out much better.

nah, it looked pretty cool... perhaps not "movie accurate", but possibly the best representation of the character yet.

How does the quality compare to the Spider-Man 3 HT?
I was thinking about just buying that version used instead. I don't like how this one is soo skinny anyhow

To be honest I don't think the Spidey 3 figure looks all that great. The body to me looks too beefy to be Tobey's Spider-Man. The material the eyes are made out of is all wrong, and the webbing looks really fragile. I think that the color of red used on that figure is off too.

This ASM 2 version looks much better, apart from the wrong material being used for the red sections.

To be honest I don't think the Spidey 3 figure looks all that great. The body to me looks too beefy to be Tobey's Spider-Man. The material the eyes are made out of is all wrong, and the webbing looks really fragile. I think that the color of red used on that figure is off too.

This ASM 2 version looks much better, apart from the wrong material being used for the red sections.

Do you own one? It looks fantastic in pictures.

The ASM spider does look good but l prefer buff spidey. Also I don't like his alien shaped head or the vinyl look to the material

No, I don't own one. I came into this hobby long after they were released. I just don't think it looks like the end-all-be-all Spider-Man figure people here make it out to be.

i have the Hot Toys Spider-Man and yes, it is "buff"... but reminiscent of the character from the books (which is all that matters to me). i like the new one as it has the "Ultimate Spider-Man" vibe. in a perfect world, the materials used would be more like the first offering... but i assume there is valid reason. nevertheless, the new figure looks cool.

Releasing tonight. Either they changed the suits material or it's a pass for me.

"Because I was washing the American flag.."
10482522_774601472578183_4303598496067420465_n.jpg

People were pretty vocal about the suit material. No way HT could have ignored it, at least that's what I'm hoping.

Back