1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Article: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

์Now it's less than 20.... may sold out very soon.

I love the optimism here freaks, but if you look at the big picture, ie soonish release date, same body used as last figure, very quiet announcement...the figure in the promo pics is the figure we're getting. There's no way they'd show him in a shiny suit if there were plans to actually go into production with a fabric suit instead. The high ankle joint is present on the current figure (I don't have an issue with it and quite frankly never even noticed it until centrocal noted it) and fixing it would mean a reengineer of the base body. Don't see that happening. I want a definitive Spidey as much as the next guy but I think this is a case if "what you see is what you get." I'm sure once we have him in hand we'll convince ourselves that he was worth the $230 and proudly display him on our shelves. If he was set to be released in say February or so, then I could possibly see Hot Toys taking feedback from its customers and maybe trying to right a few wrongs. But with such a condensed release window, he's going to be as amazing as he is right now.

I don't want to pee in anyone's Cheeerios but also I don't want you guys to get your hopes up only to have them dashed once you see OMG's pics. I'd love to be wrong in this case but the math adds up to a shiny, high-ankled, weak accessoried, non-proportional, weird handed, droopy webbing, no head sculpted web slinger.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure [Specs + Pic]

Lol! Well.. Yeah.. Pretty much!

the suit looks so f$%&ing cool in the movie posters. wish the figures represented it better. as i love spiderman
only 10 left on sideshow :p

Aside from being so limited i dont like anything else about it. Way too much money for such a cheap looking figure. That red vinal looks so cheap

Me too....was hoping this would last until a monthly promo code worked on it :gah:

Same here. I pre-ordered it this afternoon in the hopes that the final production figure would be improved. Looks like it's headed to wait list now. If the shipping figure looks as bad as the prototype I'll just cancel since there wasn't any NRD.

I have thought something was wrong with Spider-mans boots and just figured out what it is. The ankle joint is too high, it actually looks like his leg is broken. So I just sent HT this email [email protected]

spideyanklejoint.jpg~original

Keep fighting the good fight! Praying that HT has payed attention to your posts and have time to tweak accordingly. Staying as positive about this figure as I can:pray:

Glad I ordered this if it's already on waitlist. I think while it could be improved that it's overall a good looking figure. Hopefully the film is somewhat decent but even if it's not I'll likely keep my order as I want a Spidey for my collection.

Phew! Got this order in under the wire. Passed on the first one because I wasn't a fan of the design. Now Spidey can join the Avengers in the MCU of my collection even though it won't happen anytime soon in the theaters, although I heard...
Spoiler Spoiler:

Phew! Got this order in under the wire. Passed on the first one because I wasn't a fan of the design. Now Spidey can join the Avengers in the MCU of my collection even though it won't happen anytime soon in the theaters, although I heard...
Spoiler Spoiler:

Thats what i hoped... before reading on IMDB that its only there because Mark Web was due to direct a movie for Fox and ended up doing ASM instead, some contractual obligations what not they told him he could only do it if he put a teaser for X-Men in post credits :(

I didn't even notice the ankles. It doesn't matter, the red material kills it anyway but even if they fix that now it will still be flawed. Why in the heck did they chose that fabric? The red from the Spider-Man 3 figure would have been fine... I'm baffled.

Why in the heck did they chose that fabric? The red from the Spider-Man 3 figure would have been fine... I'm baffled.
My guess is this was cheaper, but it may also have been more difficult to get the design to look right using fabric. In any case, the vinyl is a deal breaker for me personally, and like you, the other stuff is irrelevant so long as this is still the case for this figure.

I didn't even notice the ankles. It doesn't matter, the red material kills it anyway but even if they fix that now it will still be flawed. Why in the heck did they chose that fabric? The red from the Spider-Man 3 figure would have been fine... I'm baffled.

everyone was saying the fabric from SM3 was expensive

My guess is this was cheaper, but it may also have been more difficult to get the design to look right using fabric. In any case, the vinyl is a deal breaker for me personally, and like you, the other stuff is irrelevant so long as this is still the case for this figure.

If they really used it because it was cheaper then the price of this thing goes from being high to simply ridiculous.

If they really used it because it was cheaper then the price of this thing goes from being high to simply ridiculous.

all about those margins!

With Rhino coming, I have to get this now. *d'OH!*

Back