1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats, earthdog and KJ! :duff

The one thing keeping me from getting this from PC, other than having already spent way too much money this week :slap, is the potential for those dark splotches on his head.

Thanks! I was worried about the splotch so I looked back through the thread. Guyver posted a while back that rubbing it with a qtip and warm water will clear it up. Haven't tried it but I'll take some before and after picks when I do... Whenever that might happen.

Thanks! I was worried about the splotch so I looked back through the thread. Guyver posted a while back that rubbing it with a qtip and warm water will clear it up. Haven't tried it but I'll take some before and after picks when I do... Whenever that might happen.

Thanks for the tip on getting out the black spot, had a small one at the top of his head, but everything else was perfect so I didn't want to return him and risk getting another. :hi5:

Here's the original post about it:

You can see what the seller says..I had a smear on mine.. It's declayed or pressed glue residue, probably from the webbing, it's not the fabric, I just used a q-tip and some warm water and rubbed it gently off now it will look like it gets blotched because of the water, but when it dries, it should be fine.

Same with boots or you can use your finger nail gently, works both ways, just pay close attention when you scrape with your nail

Here's a quick tip with the Q tip trick when you rub it and it dries make sure it turns to a gummy form, easier to rub off that way

THWIPP!

892806e640eb7619972db5b9bb69e026.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adjusted the right boot; worked free a bit.

5a11774c880598df369fc509c6631e7e.jpg

I've been working out display options. All the aerial poses needed some kind of support and I was never entirely happy with that.

I was good with a museum pose for a while but I think it fails to really express the character. Trying to do away with stands but remain dynamic. This is close to where it needs to be, I think.

ZE, your pics make me regret not picking this one up last week while it was on sale

Adjusted the right boot; worked free a bit.

5a11774c880598df369fc509c6631e7e.jpg

I've been working out display options. All the aerial poses needed some kind of support and I was never entirely happy with that.

I was good with a museum pose for a while but I think it fails to really express the character. Trying to do away with stands but remain dynamic. This is close to where it needs to be, I think.

You're aerial pics really brought this figure to my attention. You have an amazing eye for posing figures to look natural whether they are troopers or superheroes.

I'm going back through the thread to try and pull some of your old photos. Since I just got this guy last week, I need some inspiration.

ZE, your pics make me regret not picking this one up last week while it was on sale

Dude, it's a great piece. I'm not a huge Marvel collector, but when CW Spidey comes out, I'll probably keep this one even though I'll likely pick up the CW as well. Still, if you're looking for lower prices, you may get a shot then, or keep watching for it. Deals do come up.

You're aerial pics really brought this figure to my attention. You have an amazing eye for posing figures to look natural whether they are troopers or superheroes.

I'm going back through the thread to try and pull some of your old photos. Since I just got this guy last week, I need some inspiration.

Thanks! I'm a sculptor (although working mostly with jewellery these days) so what I dig with action figures, is all of the real work is already done for me, I just get to put the finishing touches on by posing 'em. ;)

:duff

Received mine today. Looks sooooooooo good in person! And luckily it seems I got one with no oil stains :)

So now, does anybody know where can I get a transparent dynamic stand? I could see it used in a few pics in this thread but I could never find one myself online...

Got mine on the weekend, gave it a once over, no stains, or stitching issues.
I'd love to start posing it all over the place, but the GF doesn't know I bought it yet, so I'm going to wrap it as a present for myself from Santa. Excellent.

Did anybody have the issue with saggy pants on this figure? Fresh off the box it looks like the pants are about 1 cm below the crotch which actually limits the leg articulation heavily - I just noticed it yesterday. I cannot do any dynamic poses cause I fear it the fabric will tear. I can barely make him sit, and he looks like a hip hop artist from the 90s.

Is there an easy fix for it or should I return the figure and ask for a new one?

Back