1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the first ASM was awful. I had to watch it twice to watch it to the end! ASM 2 wasn't good, but it wasn't anywhere as bad as the first!

As for Garfield, he is an awesome Spidey but a terrible Peter Parker...:(
think your spot on

Got my ASM2 today. It's a beautiful figure and I concur, the red is much deeper than the pictures show. It is spot on with the movie.

Now I have the three red and blue Spidey made by HT and I'm not sure which I like the best!i love the eyes on ASM2 but I like the originality of the ASM suit and to this date, Spider Man 2 is still my favorite of the movies and I lke the seamless neck on the figure, so it's hard to make a choice!:)

Looking forward to getting this figure. I hope they eventually release that Peter Parker that has been on display, not to mention Rhino.

Hello just got my spiderman and unpack him and he has a large stain on his face which looks like oil. I've never had this before all the figures I have bought in the passed have arrived in perfect condition. Does anyone know where I stand with a replacement? I bought him brand new and sealed off an ebay seller from Hong Kong. Would sideshow collectors be my best port of call for a replacement part?

here is a picture of it :gah:

IMG_2336_zps3115e01b.jpg

^^^ What Yankee said.

That sucks to hear though. I've never had that happen, but file for a replacement though the seller ASAP.

Hello just got my spiderman and unpack him and he has a large stain on his face which looks like oil. I've never had this before all the figures I have bought in the passed have arrived in perfect condition. Does anyone know where I stand with a replacement? I bought him brand new and sealed off an ebay seller from Hong Kong. Would sideshow collectors be my best port of call for a replacement part?

IMG_2336_zps3115e01b.jpg

Mine had the same on the boots. It can actually be 'picked clean' with your fingernail.

Last edited:
me too :pray: I know it's not the sellers thought they don't make them they just sell them. Silly thing is I live in the UK and we get ripped off for everything here so it's probably going to cost me an arm and a leg to return it to Hong Kong

I tried to clean it off as snake eater has suggested and it has reduced it a bit but as it is on his face you can see it a mile away.

me too :pray: I know it's not the sellers thought they don't make them they just sell them. Silly thing is I live in the UK and we get ripped off for everything here so it's probably going to cost me an arm and a leg to return it to Hong Kong

I tried to clean it off as snake eater has suggested and it has reduced it a bit but as it is on his face you can see it a mile away.

Just ask if you can return the head and if they can send you out a new one. If it's off eBay they probably part out the figures as well so they should have no issue sending you a spare head (depending on the seller).

IMG_2336_zps3115e01b.jpg

You can see what the seller says..I had a smear on mine.. It's declayed or pressed glue residue, probably from the webbing, it's not the fabric, I just used a q-tip and some warm water and rubbed it gently off now it will look like it gets blotched because of the water, but when it dries, it should be fine.

Same with boots or you can use your finger nail gently, works both ways, just pay close attention when you scrape with your nail

Here's a quick tip with the Q tip trick when you rub it and it dries make sure it turns to a gummy form, easier to rub off that way

Last edited:
I wouldn't be happy to try and remove a major stain on an expensive collectible figure. Send it back for replacement it's faulty/damaged. I have a small section of this black oil on the boot heel. Not happy about that either, but it's hidden. Is this the start of another major QC issue?

I contacted the seller and he has said to return the head for a replacement one which is great news :yess:. I did look into the price of shipping the whole figure back and it was going to work out around £50. Hopefully this should be a lot cheaper option.

I think when Hot Toys put mine together they must of been rushing to get home that night as there is some glue on his boots above the sole and on the back on his head. I can live with it on the boots but the face.....

My thoughts on the figure apart from the glue... putting him next to my ASM3 he looks like Spiderboy not Spiderman and putting him next to my DX09 batman and MOS Superman made it very apparent that he is very slight. They may have used the Robin body for this one. His shoulders are a bit weird too. Once you break him out of a museum pose they are very rounded and stick out. He was meant to be a replacement for my AMS3 but I really like that figure and will have to see when I get my new replacement head.

I contacted the seller and he has said to return the head for a replacement one which is great news :yess:. I did look into the price of shipping the whole figure back and it was going to work out around £50. Hopefully this should be a lot cheaper option.

I think when Hot Toys put mine together they must of been rushing to get home that night as there is some glue on his boots above the sole and on the back on his head. I can live with it on the boots but the face.....

My thoughts on the figure apart from the glue... putting him next to my ASM3 he looks like Spiderboy not Spiderman and putting him next to my DX09 batman and MOS Superman made it very apparent that he is very slight. They may have used the Robin body for this one. His shoulders are a bit weird too. Once you break him out of a museum pose they are very rounded and stick out. He was meant to be a replacement for my AMS3 but I really like that figure and will have to see when I get my new replacement head.

Nice :clap Glad you can replace it

A lot of people think Spider-man doesn't have to be skinny and they are ok with how buff the SM3 version is. I'm one of them. However, my FAVORITE version of Spidey is the McFarlane version and I highly doubt we'll get a figure closer to that than this one.

Spidey arrived today. Opened it to check for any black marks (and there is, on the back of his head) but found something else too. There's a hole in his suit. Not a big one but still noticeable 😥

Back