1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmmmmmm, lots of stories on my Twitter and Facebook feed this morning that Marvel and Sony are in talks about Spiderman.....

Imho the biggest issue is our perception. Some of this (or other) figures has many issues may be fixed. But also they have a lot of issues may not be fixed. They are just on 1/6 scale. So some detailes and issues should happen. For example the seams on this figure. If we want a figure without seams, it should be full plastic. If we're happy with clothes, there must be seams. And the seams won't be 1/6 scaled. It may be but the price will be so expensive.

Let's talk about the head and mask seams specifically. If you don't sew the mask on the head it may strecthes and looks bad. If you sew ther mask on the head and keep him tight there should be seams. I think we must judge the issues on it's own merits.

I think Garfield is a great interpretation of the Peter Parker character. The first movie was pretty good, but the second was awful. Why can't anyone do the goblin character right =/

I dont mind gatrfield he was a bit Cocky and blame the casting n writing. I kno sally field and Fox are good actors along with giomatti or how ever spell his name. There's only so much actor's can do with a crap story , bad casting.

I just got done reading "POSSIBLE" new actor for spidey sad its the writer's and casting fault movie wasnt good. If anything Aunt may recast and rhino n electo revamp. I wonder if hot toys will still possibly release the Garfield Peter Parker's that were shown. This is Why i only collect certain superhero's unmasked they or movie better do well or BAM! recasted. We have had 3 hulk actors and hate the last guy whats his face.:lol he suck's liked norton best. Hugh Jackman n X-men cast has been Perfect so far...I didnt mind Garfield but liked Tobey better. This is why i can't get Excited for batman superman cast just spell's doom in my crystal ball along with possible Wauqin phoenix rumored as Dr. strange and Paull rudd as ant man. I'm sorry FIRE ALL THE CASTING AGENTS IN HOLLYWOOD They are messing everything up.:slap I :pray: the new ACTOR'S do well but just dont see where they say hey this dumb guy jess Eisenburg should play lex :slap The future is scarey..:lol Sorry 4 rant more pics Spidey! or Parker!

Apostrophes can be tricky.

IMO Garfield is the better Parker/Spidey. It's just that Maguire was in the better movies.

Again, in my opinion. That is also why I like the over-all appearance of this figure based on Garfield's physique vs the more stocky one based on the beefier Maguire.

Got him today. Unfortunately he showed up when I was about to leave, so I only had time to open him up and check it out, so. I didn't take pics yet.

Amazing figure..Definitely the best out of all the ht spidey including the black suit :clap

Looks great with the Garfield Sculpt, I think that is probably the reason why they didn't include one because the ASM sculpt fits perfectly on the ASM2, imo.

Here's some things I like

The red is the red used in the film IMO. Pics really don't do it justice, I thought in hand the red looked as close to the dark red we see in the movie and not the orangess tone in the photos taken so far.

Here's good news. The arms can be raised over the head, however they are very tight around the shoulders, so just like the ASM, you have to work it through. Once you do it looks fantastic.

Speaking of tight, the joints are extremely tight but that could be a good thing, no loose bodies. I'd say this body is much tighter than even the ASM which I thought was pretty tight.

At least on mine, the boot is removable but it fits snug with no gaps. The hands fit snug even with the magnets, I just have to squeeze them in a little to secure them.

I think this is the spidey to pick up guys. Don't dare cancel your SSC preorders, you'll regret it, not kidding.

I really wish I could've snagged some pics, but the timing was awful when it showed up. I will definitely try to take pics by this weekend.

Got him today. Unfortunately he showed up when I was about to leave, so I only had time to open him up and check it out, so. I didn't take pics yet.

Amazing figure..Definitely the best out of all the ht spidey including the black suit :clap

Looks great with the Garfield Sculpt, I think that is probably the reason why they didn't include one because the ASM sculpt fits perfectly on the ASM2, imo.

The red is the red used in the film IMO. Pics really don't do it justice, I thought in hand the red looked as close to the dark red we see in the movie and not the orangess tone in the photos taken so far.

Here's good news. The arms can be raised over the head, however they are very tight around the shoulders, so just like the ASM, you have to work it through. Once you do it looks fantastic.

Speaking of tight, the joints are extremely tight but that could be a good thing, no loose bodies. I'd say this body is much tighter than even the ASM which I thought was pretty tight.

At least on mine, the boot is removable but it fits snug with no gaps. The hands fit snug even with the magnets, I just have to squeeze them in a little to secure them.

I think this is the spidey to pick up guys. Don't dare cancel your SSC preorders, you'll regret it, not kidding.

I really wish I could've snagged some pics, but the timing was awful when it showed up. I will definitely try to take pics by this weekend.
But the real question. Did he get lucky with Black Widow last night in the detolf?

Not a fan of Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker and so far the new movies haven't been as enjoyable as the previous ones but that's not that important to my collection, I just want a great looking Spidey and this figure definitely delivers.

Good to hear:yess:

I think Garfield is a great interpretation of the Peter Parker character. The first movie was pretty good, but the second was awful. Why can't anyone do the goblin character right =/

I think the first ASM was awful. I had to watch it twice to watch it to the end! ASM 2 wasn't good, but it wasn't anywhere as bad as the first!

As for Garfield, he is an awesome Spidey but a terrible Peter Parker...:(

Back