1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

I’m extremely happy with mine out of the box too. Gap seems good to me. Maybe they tweaked the later versions as much as they could?

3C43854D-2D34-4D8B-B55B-0F2FF3161563.jpg

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

There’s a thread here also just for Chewie mods as well, try looking there too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There’s a thread here also just for Chewie mods as well, try looking there too

Amazing thread - that’s where I got the idea to mod mine. Looked to be a pretty simple fix. Which it was...Little time and patience. Which made Chewie look like Chewie. Got to say I’m an older collector (49) and getting this set and seeing Han and Chewie together made me feel like I did back in Christmas of 78 when I got my first Star Wars Figures. Some pieces just bring the nostalgia and the magic.

Amazing thread - that’s where I got the idea to mod mine. Looked to be a pretty simple fix. Which it was...Little time and patience. Which made Chewie look like Chewie. Got to say I’m an older collector (49) and getting this set and seeing Han and Chewie together made me feel like I did back in Christmas of 78 when I got my first Star Wars Figures. Some pieces just bring the nostalgia and the magic.

I plan to do some work to mine as well but I haven’t had time. I really love the new films, I think the sequels are almost as good as the originals. I cant wait to see what happens next! I got roped into Hot Toys after getting Rey and it got out of hand fast. I’m gonna need a third Detolf soon

Just absolutely LOVE this set! I really can’t stop looking at them! I really don’t see how these two can get a bad wrap in regards to Chewie. I think he looks freaking AWESOME and I’m sooo glad I have this set in my collection! Just an all around real nostalgic set that, in my opinion, is a staple in any Star Wars collection! :)

8191fe5fff676366096c171654c2ab30.jpg

8d18e40d1c1fd909e3121ee5f1ea1c62.jpg

3d0ad553afd44c0f0a7abf9d43a34a11.jpg

4f718b6b1f976e1eeef75422f9f5c2e3.jpg

Unpopular opinion: Han should have had a double jointed neck. Without it he's too stiff and unnatural, especially for a character that emotes with body language. There's something about this figure that doesn't hit home with me, and it's not the quality of the sculpt; he's just strangely so static and oddly proportioned.

I think I would generally agree with you on the proportions.....he does always look off....... in the leather jacket. His neck is too long, shoulders too low, shoulders too broad and square.

BUT......the blue coat fixes all of the proportion issues. The figure looks fantastic when wearing the coat. Whenever I display him in the jacket, futz as hard as I can, he's always an odd shape. Always end up with him back in the coat, then he looks great again. I think he was made to wear that coat!

I sold everything that I had owned relating to the "new trilogy" as l pretty much can't stand them (they were not made for me), but I'm a huge Harrison fan so, try as I might, I just can't bring myself to sell this one. In a house full of Star Wars merchandise, this is my only possession relating to Disney Star Wars. Guess that is a solid testament to its overall quality......or possibly just my Harrison Ford fanboy status!

1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

I think I would generally agree with you on the proportions.....he does always look off....... in the leather jacket. His neck is too long, shoulders too low, shoulders too broad and square.

BUT......the blue coat fixes all of the proportion issues. The figure looks fantastic when wearing the coat. Whenever I display him in the jacket, futz as hard as I can, he's always an odd shape. Always end up with him back in the coat, then he looks great again. I think he was made to wear that coat!

I sold everything that I had owned relating to the "new trilogy" as l pretty much can't stand them (they were not made for me), but I'm a huge Harrison fan so, try as I might, I just can't bring myself to sell this one. In a house full of Star Wars merchandise, this is my only possession relating to Disney Star Wars. Guess that is a solid testament to its overall quality......or possibly just my Harrison Ford fanboy status!

My collection is sequel trilogy, original trilogy and 10% prequel trilogy.

I get as much sequel trilogy stuff as I can, which is a lot.

Planned collection: 33% for each trilogy
Current state: 40% for OT and ST each, 20% for PT.

20190729_134823.jpg

Zing in Australia have the TFA Han and Chewbacca at $199 each...Just picked this guy up today.

It was $520 new. Value of Chewie didn't hold up too much but Han is a solid figure and probably sells for retail. Maybe $425 price for set is fair?

It was $520 new. Value of Chewie didn't hold up too much but Han is a solid figure and probably sells for retail. Maybe $425 price for set is fair?

I customized Chewie to make the gap between his upper lip and his nose like 1/2 the size that it was, took the top half of the fat suit off of Han (I still have it though), is it still worth $425. do you think?

Tough to say. I often part things out to make my money back on something if I'd otherwise take a loss. Chewie, his bow caster, and bandolier might be worth more than a full Chewie alone, etc. The full Han figure even loose should fetch a good price.

Ben: Dad...?
Han: I Know....

3F860A249F6541018C87.jpeg

EF334EEFC5C247C28F66.jpeg

.....may be Harrison Ford?s real hand making a guest appearance, but I?ll never tell.

Last edited:

Got a good deal on the set. Chewie will need some more futzing. Han is decent though the sculpt/hair are a bit off. He looks to chubby in the face to me. Also seems like HT added a lot of unnecessary padding to his outfit. Overall, I?m happy with them though.

7D10F9B5-955E-42EA-B232-1827C0795B37.jpeg

Back