1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

I'm thinking about doing a kit of the Falcon ramp, as pictured, and wanted to gauge interest- great for many display options!
Thanks!
Falc24.jpg

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

I'm thinking about doing a kit of the Falcon ramp, as pictured, and wanted to gauge interest- great for many display options!
Thanks!
View attachment 440960

Do you think the size would work in a detolf? Instead of having the glass shelf above, using the top of this as the shelf above?

Anyone had any issues with the jacket. Was thinking of picking one up but was worried about the pleather jacket flaking etc

Sent from a point in space and time

Anyone had any issues with the jacket. Was thinking of picking one up but was worried about the pleather jacket flaking etc

I had a flake on one boot but nothing on the jacket. Bought a spare in case, he also looks great with the snow jacket, which doesn't have any risk of that. Great figure.

Nope, nadda. And this coming from a guy that consistently reposes his figures at least once a month.

It's probably helpful though to say where you live, or at least the storage conditions- ie humidity, temperature extremes, etc. I think that probably has a large bearing on how the figure holds up

Cheers for the answers. UK based so humidity not a huge issue. Pur chase ahoy [emoji16]

IMG_4529.jpg
One of the boots on mine look like this. But the jacket is fine. You could get something like a faux leather moisturiser. Amazon sells a good one

Who gonna kitbash this? [emoji38]
374c01855821a9ef83b1f953dcacecd3.jpg

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

:lol Basically how he looked in the new Blade Runner.

My first two hot toys, really impressed with these things and have definitely got the bug. Must force myself to keep it sensible though and just pick the ones that really stand out to me.

Think I got lucky with my chewie as his top lip seems a lot smaller compared to some I’ve seen. Looks great in person so zero complaints!

8201B178-2153-489F-818D-1B3BCB27E744.jpg

Yeah, I really like this Chewie a bit more than the 1st release, might be the lighter fur color and once you get the fur the way you want it it looks good.

My first two hot toys, really impressed with these things and have definitely got the bug. Must force myself to keep it sensible though and just pick the ones that really stand out to me.

Think I got lucky with my chewie as his top lip seems a lot smaller compared to some I’ve seen. Looks great in person so zero complaints!

View attachment 445102

Chewie looks pretty good there.

Just got this two pack from BBTS a few days ago. Still haven’t even opened the shipper yet. Can’t wait to get em set up and take some pics!

1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Mine came today (got it from BBTS with my saved up BBTS credit - so paid less then $44 for the set and ended up getting another $200 in BBTS credit!) and before I did anything I popped Chewies head off and went to town with the upper lip mod. Spent about an hour. Might dye the fur more around the eyes and upper lip more then I already have but so far I’m in love with this figure. Would really like to do the blue eye mod as well. For now though I feel like I have a pretty awesome Chewbacca instead of a very large golden retriever. [emoji23]

12045ffeef34d35046f2550d5e3e7b43.jpg

How mine came...

42e080f04959042deaabac716ea624a0.jpg
c0278c773ece52723c0a68fe2f29d924.jpg

After closing the distance between the nose and upper lip, setting the mouth plate right and flush with the upper mouth plate, also repainted lips from black plastic to a natural movie look and then cleared the all the mouth pieces to give it that wet look. Also whittled out the area in front of the inner head plug so the mouth could finally open - mine originally barely opened. Darkened the fur to the lower eyes and gave Chewie his darkened mustache.

So my Chewbacca now...
6a2be4500779a52e651afd77c1aba488.jpg
04fd6484c1bccdc51888ed00f2bfc368.jpg
03d35895b232234f9432a0607d07e8ec.jpg
2d1b55202bef9e8141a2335f80ea26a5.jpg
25104266a52be788c419258af59331eb.jpg
c969212d0d7eab58c067ac8efeeb175e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MUCH better! Nice job!

Thanks. I think the thing that makes the mouth look worst right out of the box besides the gap between the nose and upper plate is that the upper mouth plate doesn’t fit flush into upper part of the head leaving this ugly gap, which makes it look like a dog with false teeth in his mouth.
d72eb53d807f855fb85e3708965d2e59.jpg

But thanks to everyone that posted their ‘after mod pictures’ which some are down right beautiful made me want to tackle it as well.

I’m not brave enough to cut into my figures. Fingers crossed my Chewie came out well.

67e053ade0cbd1cdc48acee2d0e97e1d.jpg
bd1496eb8032f6d1c541241582f6bd57.jpg
2136625a88f6ce2958d8b812eeaf4c00.jpg

cc0004659394efea1a1414d6643a9464.jpg

Definately a great figure once really futz.

Just opened this set up and WOW is it awesome!!! I’m not disappointed at all with Chewie either! His face/ muzzle looks excellent!! Han also looks amazing!!!

Back