1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Han is decent but the expression makes him look a bit lost like he?s going senile.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Got a good deal on the set. Chewie will need some more futzing. Han is decent though the sculpt/hair are a bit off. He looks to chubby in the face to me. Also seems like HT added a lot of unnecessary padding to his outfit. Overall, I?m happy with them though.

View attachment 489575

I remember a bunch of people back in the day removing Han's padded undersuit, I'd check back in this thread to see what they did exactly.

Some people said only the first batch of Chewies were *poorly* made. Did the later batches improve, and did Hot Toys offer new ones to the people who have the 1st batch?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Not sure I understand what you mean - you said "only the first batch of Chewies were *properly* made" (my emphasis) - ?

Not sure I understand what you mean - you said "only the first batch of Chewies were *properly* made" (my emphasis) - ?
Sorry about that, I think it was autocorrected. Meant to say poorly instead of properly.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible

Did the later batches improve

It happens sometimes though I think the main thing with this figure is taking the time to properly futz it. There are quite a few posts in this thread showing ways to improve the look of the figure by manipulating the fur.

did Hot Toys offer new ones to the people who have the 1st batch?

iu

Sorry about that, I think it was autocorrected. Meant to say poorly instead of properly.

Ok that makes sense now. I'm hunting this set so interested to know more about the batches.

Wait, what are the issues with the set? What?s wrong with Chewbacca ? As I too will inevitably be picking the set up lol

I'm hunting this set so interested to know more about the batches.

I was going to point you to PopCultcha. They had it discounted to $450 USD but looks like it finally sold out. There are two available on Amazon for $500 shipped from a seller in NY. One for $500 on eBay as well. Not terrible considering the price is trending upwards and they're sold out most places.

Wait, what are the issues with the set? What?s wrong with Chewbacca ? As I too will inevitably be picking the set up lol

The issues are just what you see is what you get (in terms of the in-hand photos). If you're happy with those then the set is fine. The main criticism was the large upper lip, and then the color was criticized too.

The issues are just what you see is what you get (in terms of the in-hand photos). If you're happy with those then the set is fine. The main criticism was the large upper lip, and then the color was criticized too.

True, though it's a figure that benefits from some easy futzing, so not all in-hand photos will be representative of what you can achieve with the figure with a little effort. I tweaked mine a bit but will be going through this thread for techniques to improve his look.

True, though it's a figure that benefits from some easy futzing, so not all in-hand photos will be representative of what you can achieve with the figure with a little effort. I tweaked mine a bit but will be going through this thread for techniques to improve his look.

Very true, my main point was just that the upper lip wasn't like that in the prototype images. Color is mostly the same as the proto though.

55adb94e86b9b461abdf83513dc3f238.jpg

Oh, I see... lol I probably wouldn?t have noticed, maybe would of looked at him funny every now and then [emoji23]

It is what it is ig, later released versions were fixed?

I was going to point you to PopCultcha. They had it discounted to $450 USD but looks like it finally sold out. There are two available on Amazon for $500 shipped from a seller in NY. One for $500 on eBay as well. Not terrible considering the price is trending upwards and they're sold out most places.

Yes I had one from PopCultcha in my cart for a couple of days and didn't get around to paying until discovering they had sold out - really kicked myself for missing it there. Also had a person in a FB group ready to sell one to me for $450 shipped but then he just disappeared - so annoying. Anyway - thanks for the pointers.

Yes I had one from PopCultcha in my cart for a couple of days and didn't get around to paying until discovering they had sold out - really kicked myself for missing it there. Also had a person in a FB group ready to sell one to me for $450 shipped but then he just disappeared - so annoying. Anyway - thanks for the pointers.

No problem. That's always a frustrating one. I did the same thing with Rey & BB-8 recently. Had it in my cart for over a week and foolishly didn't pull the trigger. It sold out and I paid at least $50 more to get it elsewhere.

:slap

I am collecting only OT or figures that closely resemble them from the sequels. Anyone have any thoughts on how close this Chewie matches the OT version? The OT Chewie is still out there, though for a much higher price that is why I am considering this one.

Thoughts on the two versions if price was no an issue?

Thanks.

I am collecting only OT or figures that closely resemble them from the sequels. Anyone have any thoughts on how close this Chewie matches the OT version? The OT Chewie is still out there, though for a much higher price that is why I am considering this one.

Thoughts on the two versions if price was no an issue?

Thanks.

Honestly, neither one hits it out of the park, particularly fresh out of the box. I actually like TFA Chewie a bit better than ANH Chewie but if you're going for OG color, the ANH Chewie is the closest. That TFA Chewie and Han 2-pack looks pretty nostalgic on the shelf though!

I ordered this set from popcultcha way back in April, and it just arrived today! I don’t blame them, I should have pain for express shipping, it got sent by boat instead due to I guess the airmail being shut down in Australia back when it shipped.

Anyway, Chewie looks a lot better than I expected, or maybe I was just expecting the worst. Actually, I’m quite happy with him! I like Han too, although the little silver cartridges were a pain to get onto his jacket.

Thanks you guys!

Wow, sorry for the incredibly late reply, Hoody. Yes, that is the full philtrum reduction mod...

Hi!
Any chance you could give me a walkthrough if how the mod is done? Or direct me to one? ...maybe even pictures? 😬👏

Matrix? Any chance you have a walkthrough of the TFA Chewie face surgery? Maybe with pictures? 😬☺️

Back