1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker (Dark Side) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Recent reply by Sideshow regarding my Boba Fett preorder and what chances are there it will be canceled as Anakin figure:

Sideshow Collectibles support:
With this Anakin piece, they began shipping in October 2018 and was in-stock through all of 2019. Newer orders placed for that figure were canceled when we learned we would not be receiving the inventory to fulfill those orders. This is an uncommon occurrence, but since this piece has been available for over a year, these issues sometimes occur.
The Boba Fett piece is currently in production, so this will be an entirely new run of this popular figure.

Customer service told me that Hot Toys allowed them to order another batch but then was cancelled. Maybe to do with the coronavirus? Cant keep up with the demand of other products

So basically greedy Hot Toys were sneakily going to reissue this figure without announcing it. I was wondering why this figure was talking so long to sell out. I guess if you see a figure in stock for a long time there is a good chance it's not a slow seller but just hot toys making more to keep dumping on the market.

Don't worry if your orders got cancelled. Once hot toys sees the after market price on this rise they will surely reissue this figure to chase the almighty dollar.

Having them cancel our purchases is so annoying. It isn't like I can just pick it up from another retailer at the same or similar price point. The damn thing is about $500 on ebay now >_<

It's a nice figure but not $500 nice. I'd go for the head/base separately if you already have the regular release.

I wish I had the other one I would just have frost vision studios do the eye paint but I have a feeling that this will be a rough one tonfind at a lower price for a while. At least until the hype of it selling out dies down.

I wish I had the other one I would just have frost vision studios do the eye paint but I have a feeling that this will be a rough one tonfind at a lower price for a while. At least until the hype of it selling out dies down.

This is not over though. Hot Toys will be back chasing the money. There will be a reissue once they catch up on everything thing.

What HT figures have actually been re released? Excluding character iterations like Vader in each movie etc.

Predator classic, predator elder, avp wolf, boba fett esb, mark 3 I think, anh storm troopers. My point is hot toys does it alot more than they use to.

Forgot a few ancient predator and scar
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

a71ba3c2a480302f65ab76f07a4b7aaa.jpg

Good figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So is paying almost $500 on ebay. I do not think recent releases will reach the silly prices some older releases fetch on the secondhand market as Hot Toys seems to produce larger runs, but this one might be one of them, time will tell. Surprisingly also emperor Palpatine is going for silly amounts, tho the non deluxe did sell out very quickly.

What HT figures have actually been re released? Excluding character iterations like Vader in each movie etc.

The first sign of hot toys greedy reissues was the han solo figure. It was sold out and hot toys just straight up reissued it.

Now it's even worse. They just seamlessly reissue figures that are on wait list so no one knows that it's a reissue. This figure was available since 2018 and without the Corona virus hot toys would have still been releasing it in 2020.

Am also pretty sure ANH Han,Luke and Leia were reissued,along with the Wook.
But..that was a long time ago so can't really be sure.

I sure hope so, it makes me wonder if they were still taking orders up to February, if their was a large batch of them made up and if it is sitting in China still.

Back