1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Rhino Collectible Figure (First Glimpse)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be fair to the film I understand why they didn't use the traditional comic look for Rhino. That would look goofy as hell and no one would take it seriously. Personally I think Rhino either needed to be changed to work in a live action film like The Amazing Spider-Man 2 did or just not use the character at all in live action.

Pretty impressive! I like the design, and outside of it not being like the comics, it's really cool. As a standalone piece, I would be interested, but I can tell already this is looking like a $500 item and thus waaaayyyy out of my price range.

the only thing that this figure makes me realize is how stupid and ridiculous the character of Rhino is....

A really big and strong guy in a grey spandex suit with a horn in his head... WHO can take that crap seriously?

It seems Marvel Studios are the only ones embracing true Comic Book Originality

Not not necessarily. Malekith was not at all like he is in the comics. Jarvis is becoming Vision? Aldrich Killian having powers and a villain. There are many more things that the MCU hasn't stuck to the source material.

Rhino:I laughed every time he was on screen. Loved the OTT roaring/bad guy laughing and shouting. He was brief but great.

It seems Marvel Studios are the only ones embracing true Comic Book Originality

right

pVo6jtr.gif

the only thing that this figure makes me realize is how stupid and ridiculous the character of Rhino is....

A really big and strong guy in a grey spandex suit with a horn in his head... WHO can take that crap seriously?

But people /fans known this for years ?.....

Doesn't mean everyone liked it. I'm a huge spidey fan and I can't stand Rhino. Such a dumb character.

I never said everyone would like it?it been known for years that he's a stupid character always was.

Comic fans don't make up enough people to make comic movies successful. They need a wider audience so choices must be made to attract the most people. Big guy in a onesie probably won't do it for most normal people.

Not not necessarily. Malekith was not at all like he is in the comics. Jarvis is becoming Vision? Aldrich Killian having powers and a villain. There are many more things that the MCU hasn't stuck to the source material.

True, but they stick with the most important things imo, and that's the comic costumes. Updated and made realistic of course but that's what makes it a real comic book movie to me, Wolverine and the X-men doesn't have that feel to me. And ASM2 was let down by Rhino imo (solely in the costume department) as i really dislike this armour design

I never said everyone would like it?it been known for years that he's a stupid character always was.

Sorry just not quite following your point.

I never said that you stated everyone liked Rhino. I am probably wrong but you seemed to be questioning Crows statement that Rhino is ridiculous, which (to me) implied that you did not agree with his opinion and your use of the generalisation of people/fans indicated (to me) that you believe the general consensus on Rhino is one of popularity and believability.

But people /fans known this for years ?.....

I merely offered my opinion that not everyone may have liked the classic Rhino look and supported it with the statement that I don't like the character.

Hope this clarifies my thinking on the matter and that I was in no way trying to put words in your mouth or cause offence. :duff

You know what's funny? Before the Rami Spider-man came out there where a lot of people that thought you would have to drastically alter the costume to make it believable and appealing to non-comic fans and a wider audience in general. There was no way a tight form fitting "onesie" type suit would work. Well guess what people ended up liking the most? Heck, you can't even take a decent amount of creative license with Spidey's look without people getting all bent out of shape. But a slightly updated Rhino design that is mostly faithful to the comics wouldn't work? Really? Did all of you people that like this redesign think that the Hulk looked like crap in the Avengers? And how realistic do you have to go in a world where people transform into lizards and radioactive spider bites turn people into super humans who can crawl on walls and lift cars? I suppose a lot of you like the complete crap that is "The Green Goblin" in this new movie? It's actually worse than the Rami goblin design and I didn't think that was possible.

Haven't seen the movie.. but this figure is a gnarly looking Robot, with big guns!.. what's not to like?.. I will definitely be interested in the Pre-order price.
:rock
Imho, a figure in a onesie rhino suit, would risk being an unintended comedy role.. and Juggernaut in the X Men, was kinda meh.. some ideas do not translate well from comics into movies.

True, but they stick with the most important things imo, and that's the comic costumes. Updated and made realistic of course but that's what makes it a real comic book movie to me, Wolverine and the X-men doesn't have that feel to me. And ASM2 was let down by Rhino imo (solely in the costume department) as i really dislike this armour design

Well I care more about the characterization more than looks but having a comic accurate costume is a plus. I don't mind changes to the looks as long as they don't stray too far from the material, aka Rhino and I'm still not a fan of Billy Idol/Troll doll Green Goblin. Rhino was fine since he's usually just a henchman in terms of characterization but did they really have to give him rocket launchers and guns? He's supposed to be a brute strength baddie. Both Harry and Norman were both just written terribly imo.

You know what's funny? Before the Rami Spider-man came out there where a lot of people that thought you would have to drastically alter the costume to make it believable and appealing to non-comic fans and a wider audience in general. There was no way a tight form fitting "onesie" type suit would work. Well guess what people ended up liking the most? Heck, you can't even take a decent amount of creative license with Spidey's look without people getting all bent out of shape. But a slightly updated Rhino design that is mostly faithful to the comics wouldn't work? Really? Did all of you people that like this redesign think that the Hulk looked like crap in the Avengers? And how realistic do you have to go in a world where people transform into lizards and radioactive spider bites turn people into super humans who can crawl on walls and lift cars? I suppose a lot of you like the complete crap that is "The Green Goblin" in this new movie? It's actually worse than the Rami goblin design and I didn't think that was possible.

Like I said in an earlier post, I don't think a mech version of the classic Rhino suit would have been bad at all. The Ultimate Rhino design would have been very easy to put on screen.

On another note, did you guys hear about how Avi Arad wants to put Spider-Man in an Avengers movie as a last resort and only if he's the main character? ****ing Avi Arad man, he should get his ass off Spider-Man movies. I mean, he's the one that shoehorned Venom into Spidey 3 and look how that turned out.

On another note, did you guys hear about how Avi Arad wants to put Spider-Man in an Avengers movie as a last resort and only if he's the main character? ****ing Avi Arad man, he should get his ass off Spider-Man movies. I mean, he's the one that shoehorned Venom into Spidey 3 and look how that turned out.

I think Arad is a little bitter. He was of little faith and left Marvel Studios thinking that the then-under development Cinematic Universe won't succeed given that what they have left in-house were "less popular" compared to the properties they had licensed outside -- Wolverine, X-men, Fantastic Four, and Spider-Man.

His departure may have been a blessing in disguise to Marvel Studios itself, and Kevin Feige.

Spidey shouldn't be in the Avengers until Marvel gets back the rights and they have complete control over how it plays out. It pretty much has to be after this current version with Garfield and Webb. They might do it after Stark dies, Bucky replaces Steve and the Hulk gets booted from the team. Then you have the new Spider-man, the new Wolverine, Paul Rudd's Antman, Doctor Strange and The Black Panther come in to freshen things up and keep the team going.

Back