1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Rhino Collectible Figure (First Glimpse)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do people know this is top heavy and unbalanced? We got Hot Toys employees here now?

For real? Have a look at it.

10311119_638468202868403_7350961774712821965_n.jpg

I wonder if they are having difficulty with making him glow. Supposedly that is the reason they dumped GL and didnt finish Tron.

That's what I'm wondering too. Frankly I'd prefer if he didn't actually glow and he is just painted/use of translucent plastics are used to create the illusion. I mean unless he could be plugged into an outlet 99.9% of the time he's going to be on someone's display unlit. Its just not practical to have him lit up all the time so they might as well just try to paint him in a way he just looks like he is glowing.

But there really only should be the head and hands to light up if they make him in the full suit right? They've done light up heads and hand with Iron Man (not to the extent Electro would need, but its not out of their range at least). Still odd to go with such a big an elaborate figure though, especially one that has probably gotten the least amount of marketing presence.

Well lookey, they found a way to put an Iron Man in Spiderman.

This would have been an awesome Iron Man foe.

Jokes aside, this thing looks absolutely awesome. Too bad its gonna be $600 because I would LOVE to have this piece in my collection... no matter how bad the movie is.

This thing totally makes me want to see a movie about clunky robots fighting.

"Zoids: The Motion Picture"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol :exactly:

It's amusing reading people trying to justify this ugly junkling by comparing it to Iron Man 3 armors. Pretty much every IM 3 armor looks awesome on its own with exception of Red Snapper, and even that is at least balanced compared to this top heavy thing.

I'm not one to dock against the IM3 armors (because really, they look nice), but an actual supervillain entry as a HT figure is always better than another Iron Man suit that Tony Stark never even wore onscreen and only barely seen for as little as a few seconds.:lecture

actually the horn/top part will probably be not as heavy as people think it would be, as there's basically nothing there but the thin horn piece. the pot bellied part (where the head is) will be the heavy part and balancing that area will be the most important aspect in getting this figure right. and the articulation in getting the ramming pose.

I'm not one to dock against the IM3 armors (because really, they look nice), but an actual supervillain entry as a HT figure is always better than another Iron Man suit that Tony Stark never even wore onscreen and only barely seen for as little as a few seconds. :lecture

i concur! i'd rather see more villains than iron man as they are overdoing that line but hell it makes them money so they will never stop that. sadly.

i concur! i'd rather see more villains than iron man as they are overdoing that line but hell it makes them money so they will never stop that. sadly.

The more money they make on IM the more chances they can take on things that might lose money like this.

I'm not one to dock against the IM3 armors (because really, they look nice), but an actual supervillain entry as a HT figure is always better than another Iron Man suit that Tony Stark never even wore onscreen and only barely seen for as little as a few seconds.:lecture

Agreed, there's a laundry list of villains that HT should have visited - this just wasn't on it :lol

The more money they make on IM the more chances they can take on things that might lose money like this.

Which is exactly why I'm not really docking against the IM stuff in terms of HT milking the property, rather with the large amount of IM figures they've been producing from IM3, having an actual figure of a bad guy from another superhero film is actually a breath of fresh air than getting yet another IM suit that Tony never wore onscreen.

Agreed, there's a laundry list of villains that HT should have visited - this just wasn't on it :lol

And that's fair enough! Mind you, this wouldn't have been my choice for a HT figure (even Electro would've been the more obvious choice), but the fact that HT is willing tackle this at all is something that I'm willing to commend them for.

How do people know this is top heavy and unbalanced? We got Hot Toys employees here now?
For real? Have a look at it.
How do we know this is leaning?
That will have to be seriously weighted in the feet to have a chance of remaining standing.

That's what I'm saying, I reckon Hot Toys have thought about that. Or use the stand.

See everyone complains that things aren't accurate, blah blah blah, but then HT make the feet bigger to balance it then everyone screams inaccuracies.

Back