1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, Do you think that this Vader and his base fit into DETOLF (IKEA)??? :gah:

YES as shown in DETOLF.
uc

Sporting this for the month...Tis the Season.
uc

Nah...you may be right about the shoulders, some replaced them with rogue one. Maybe get your ESB blu ray, DVD out, or go to redbox or your public library for free to get it. Another option is to find a Random House ESB book of the 80s and look at the pictures. You will see the chest piece was big like that in the movie. Would scan a pic but too tired to bother tonight...peace.

After getting the Iron Studios 1/10 RO Vader (down left) today, my Vader collection is now complete!

20181201_134523.jpg

After getting the Iron Studios 1/10 RO Vader (down left) today, my Vader collection is now complete!

View attachment 434876

Vader collections are never complete.

This is the truest statement ever uttered in the history of Vader collecting

Ok... maybe completed for now :D

I want to thank you guys for this conversation thread. When Hot Toys ESB Vader arrived yesterday, my wife said, “You already have two Darth Vaders... I think you should limit to just one figure to represent each character.” I looked her straight in the face and said, “I’m sorry that you don’t understand, but that’s just not happening.”
Now I’m texting her screenshots of this thread to help her understand.

LOL - I actually had the same thing with my gf. She is wondering why I am getting so many Vaders.

There are hypes/passions in life that cause weird decisions from people... Star Wars is one of them. There simply is never enough of it.

I want to thank you guys for this conversation thread. When Hot Toys ESB Vader arrived yesterday, my wife said, “You already have two Darth Vaders... I think you should limit to just one figure to represent each character.” I looked her straight in the face and said, “I’m sorry that you don’t understand, but that’s just not happening.”
Now I’m texting her screenshots of this thread to help her understand.

She doesn't understand that Vader's helmet and chest armor is shinier in ESB, and the chestbox has TOTALLY different colors ANH vs ESB, and the lines on the gloves run in a completely different direction? And to top it all off, the little chin vent is NOTICEABLY bigger in ESB.:dunno:slap

What's the verdict on this Vader? If I were only to get one should it be this or would you suggest waiting until the ROTJ to see what that's like?

What's the verdict on this Vader? If I were only to get one should it be this or would you suggest waiting until the ROTJ to see what that's like?

Well, you could always wait to see what that’s like, and if you don’t love it, seek out this version.

Best combination Ive seen is empire Vader w rogue one helmet as a standard non reveal helmet,

Even if the chin vent is still smaller and it has the widows peak, it has a better proportion overall and dome placement is still superior even if a little low...especially since placement can be adjusted

If anyone wants this guy pm me...not necessarilylooking to sell just curious whats out there...i need to make more space haha...brand new!

just got this guy a couple days ago and I love him! I do have the obvious knit picks. The detachable helmet is great but I can't believe HT didn't go with magnets to hold it on. Guess that is a mod I will look into.

Anyone tried to do that mod yet? The other things that drive me crazy are how hard it is to get the hands on and actually peg into wrist pegs (not sure if there is a mod possible to fix that) and the battery set up for the chest and belt. Not sure why it couldn't been the same set up as SS deluxe vader. May try picking up the parts from SS deluxe vader for a swap out.

I dunno - I have multiple issues with it and many seem to hate it but to me it can be made to look pretty good. And to get it "decent" it requires less modding than the ANH/RO sculpt (I modded the nose.) Out of the box this looks closer to ESB Vader than the ANH version looks like ANH Vader.

And this will be the same sculpt they'll use for the ROTJ release - mainly because pretty much everything about it is ROTJ, not ESB.

44345175745_80138710b6_o.png

31382622618_3f5995d88d_o.png

Back