1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it is.

That helps me feel better about my original purchase. I may have only used it once, but it’s still an exclusive feature. I’m glad I upgraded my ANH Vader with the gloves from the Tarkin two-pack though.
I’m excited to open my ESB Vader on Monday!

Kinda thinking about picking up just the base, as several have popped up on eBay, and using it to make a lightsaber stand. Seems like the base is very well received in general?

67ec5abe3ccc37d2aa86819fb696828a.jpg

That's a great picture. The bounty hunters are must haves for me, even though they're barely on screen heh

Just scored one of these on the cheap on eBay :yess:
Can't wait for old mate to get here.

Excellent photos everyone.

How the hell are you suppose to get the lightsaber arm once you pop it off? It’s nearly impossible I tried for a good hour I quit because I’m too afraid I was going to damage something and I was getting so angry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really late to the game on this one, but a buddy of mine brought over his Vader for me to check out after he got it. I couldn't seem to get the regular arm out to put in the one with the LED lightsaber. Any tricks for this?

I'm really late to the game on this one, but a buddy of mine brought over his Vader for me to check out after he got it. I couldn't seem to get the regular arm out to put in the one with the LED lightsaber. Any tricks for this?

Getting the arm off is the easy part, I can’t get the lightsaber arm back on no matter how hard I try. If you want to attempt it I’ll tell you how to get it off. Pop the hand off the end the arm at elbow then just put your thumb in the bend and create a wedge, twist and it should pop. I just received mine yesterday, if you have a way to get the arm back on let me know please!!

The arm detaches between the elbow and the shoulder. I found it very easy to detach by holding the shoulder with one hand while holding the elbow with my other hand and pushing the elbow backwards (like you’re trying to bend it the opposite way it’s supposed to go). The arm will pop right off. Then, what I found to be the hardest part was getting the arm out of the sleeve. It was insanely tight and took a couple days worth of trying before I was able to work it out of the sleeve. Once out, the light up are slid right in and snapped in place with ease. The regular arm is still a beast to get in and out of the sleeve, though. It’s easier than it was the first time, but the forearm is really just too thick to reasonably fit through the wrist hole. Oddly enough, the forearm on the light up saber arm seems a tad thinner and is dramatically easier to put in and out of the sleeve.

The arm detaches between the elbow and the shoulder. I found it very easy to detach by holding the shoulder with one hand while holding the elbow with my other hand and pushing the elbow backwards (like you’re trying to bend it the opposite way it’s supposed to go). The arm will pop right off. Then, what I found to be the hardest part was getting the arm out of the sleeve. It was insanely tight and took a couple days worth of trying before I was able to work it out of the sleeve. Once out, the light up are slid right in and snapped in place with ease. The regular arm is still a beast to get in and out of the sleeve, though. It’s easier than it was the first time, but the forearm is really just too thick to reasonably fit through the wrist hole. Oddly enough, the forearm on the light up saber arm seems a tad thinner and is dramatically easier to put in and out of the sleeve.

Yah I finally was able to get the lightsaber arm in but was a pain in the butt. The problem I’m having now is one of the boxes on the belts screw won’t turn no matter how hard I try so I can’t get the batteries in.

So, I’ve been obsessed with sword fighting since I was a kid (long before I discovered Star Wars). Naturally, Star Wars was an instant hit with me when I finally saw it and lightsabers were the coolest swords that could possibly be concieved. Thus began my Darth Vader obsession that continues to this day. Given this background, I’ve always strived (striven?) to pose my figures (whether they be 3.75”, 6”, or 1/6) in realistic sword fighting poses.

I really enjoy finding inspiration from shots in the films and then relying on my experience in Olympic style fencing, over a decade’s worth of Kendo, and a little bit of Iaido and Battojutsu to come up with something that works within the limitations of the figure itself but is also reasonably “realistic” from the perspective of actual sword combat. They often aren’t the most dynamic, exciting, or photogenic poses; but they make me happy and seeing a figure in a believable fighting pose tends to drive my imagination more than a flashy pose that would be suicide in a real fight.

There is a very brief shot in ESB that has always struck me as very cool and very natural/“correct” for an actual sword fight (which makes sense given I’m pretty certain it’s Bob Anderson in the suit for this shot). It’s the way Vader moves his sword to the center of his body for a two handed grip just before he begins pummeling Luke with flying debris. I thought I’d try putting my HT ESB Vader in as close of a pose as I could get. Using the light-up saber made it a little challenging thanks to the limited wrist articulation, but I’m pretty happy with how t came out. Sorry my pictures suck.

0jbOGQY.png

LMe52Bn.jpg

jTzxrmu.jpg

REc8dkf.jpg

I think this is the best angle photo I took:
nqoihjN.jpg

Thanks. I keep tweaking it little by little. I think I’ve gotten about as close as this figure can to that pose. This is just a quick snap in terrible lighting, but I think you can get the idea.

JymN5Ek.jpg

0c2d0b864c0c9a309030cc7b96561e2a.jpg
2440eee2d9aabed841f379957097a2ce.jpg
finally have mine setup, it’s going to sit on the corner of my desk till I get another detolf. I finally was able to get the lightsaber arm on also. Just need to get batteries into one of the belt boxes but the screw isn’t budging.

Back