1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you guys sure the dome is supposed to fit the helmet very loose apnd lightly, almost without any sounds or pressure?

I feel i just push it downards very gentle and it's on. Pops out very easily.

As i said the previous figure (now due for return) had the dome require some pressure to have it put on the helmet.

I simply like the figure and want to make sure there are no defects this time.

Collecting these is actually really fun, never owned figures from my favourite franchise with such detailed and amazing quality - hence why my OCD if it's all good or if they are accurate.

It's a lot of money after all.

Collecting these is actually really fun, never owned figures from my favourite franchise with such detailed and amazing quality - hence why my OCD if it's all good or if they are accurate.

I haven’t received mine yet (still making payments), but when this figure first released there were pages and pages of comments about it in this thread. Yes, the dome just lightly balances on the head. Your other Vader is the first one I’ve read about the helmet holding snuggly to the head.

The dome doesn't fit snugly on all of them. Some people have said you have to remove the dome before posing and putting it back on. If you still have the other Vader figure with the tighter fitting dome switch out the heads. If not you can use a little bit of blue tac and it wont damage your figure and will hold the dome on. Otherwise put it on a shelf don't ever tough it or send it back and just walk away from this hobby. walk away.jpg

If i continue to occasionally put on/remove the helmet, there shouldn't be any damage, right? I mean, the head was designed to have the dome put on/off from time to time, right?

Also, i wasn't planning on collecting, just to obtain the most iconic characters from SW - which i have achieved now.

I probably won't buy HT in the near future (expensive hobby) and so far i am happy with my collection.

Simply want to make sure it's all good with the head and there is no defect, as this is literally the only thing that i have noticed on this figure.

if you send that one back there's a big chance you'll get a worse one next time . If the dome doesn't move or fall off when you don't touch the figure , it doesn't matter if it clicks in place or not

Personally I prefer to buy collectibles in a real store where I can look at a whole bunch before buying one . Last year I bought 2 of those Hallmark x-wing ornaments and I had to check about 15 boxes in several stores to get one with proper paint job, weathering and all the parts properly assembled

And on cheaper plastic figures like Neca I really look at how the eyes are painted on several figures because that's where they usually screw up.

If i continue to occasionally put on/remove the helmet, there shouldn't be any damage, right? I mean, the head was designed to have the dome put on/off from time to time, right?

Also, i wasn't planning on collecting, just to obtain the most iconic characters from SW - which i have achieved now.

I probably won't buy HT in the near future (expensive hobby) and so far i am happy with my collection.

Simply want to make sure it's all good with the head and there is no defect, as this is literally the only thing that i have noticed on this figure.

Itshould be fine. Mine doesn't click on either. It stay on fine if I pick him up but I take the dome off when posing and put it back on after I put him back down. Not really a big deal. Bespin Luke had many more issues but they were easy to fix also. I wouldn't worry about it. If you like their look get them and then display them.

So, assuming they make an ROTJ, what are the differences from ROTJ to ESB other than the glossier helmet and the chain?

I'm very new to collecting and I noticed there have been many releases of 1/6 Vader and SW figures in recent years from HT and SS. How does this previous release (pictured) from SS compare to the recent releases? If anyone has or had both? Wondering if there are major differences and if it is worth getting at a cheaper price than the latest SS and HT release. Thanks!

Capture.JPG

I'm very new to collecting and I noticed there have been many releases of 1/6 Vader and SW figures in recent years from HT and SS. How does this previous release (pictured) from SS compare to the recent releases? If anyone has or had both? Wondering if there are major differences and if it is worth getting at a cheaper price than the latest SS and HT release. Thanks!

View attachment 433493

I have that Vader and Hot Toys ANH Vader in the same detolf. I keep the Hot Toys one on the top shelf, in the center, because he is stunning. I keep the SS Deluxe Vader on the third shelf down, dueling Hot Toys Bespin Luke. Before I got the Hot Toys Vader, the SS one was dueling Luke on the top shelf. He looked great in my small collection, and I felt he was an excellent representation of Vader. Now that I have the Hot Toys version, I can see it’s clearly better looking. So he got the top shelf. If you can budget the Hot Toys version, get that. If not, get the SS Deluxe one like I did, with the possibility of upgrading later.
I have this on order. So he’ll be replacing my SS Deluxe Vader in my detolf. If you’re interested in buying my SS Deluxe Vader, I will give you an excellent price. Check my seller feedback and send me a private message.

Just use blu tack to hold the helmet in place. Simple reversible solution.

This is my first Vader and he is kind of a pain to futz, at least to me. This is the first time i have ever tried to put batteries into a Hot Toy product. What kind of tool do you guys use for the screw? I have a very small eye glass tool and it is still too big. Also, i am having a difficult time exchanging out gloves. Can't seem to pop them into the pegs. Any helpful tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

I have a mini screwdriver set, but never bothered with the electronics. For the hands, try a hair dryer to heat up the peg hole in the glove and make it softer. They're a real pain to get in

Got mine also.What a nice looking Figure...but where is the dent on the front of the helmet that was on the prototype and on the box?I bought an ESB Vader and not a ROTJ version.HT should change the right dome for us.

34399930jn.jpg

I get your point but I guess they cover themselves with this..."Prototype shown. Final product may be slightly different"

Back