1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If only other display cases weren?t so damn expensive
Have you looked at Legend Studio display cases? they are ok and light up. I think the 1/4 scale cases are 70, thats what i have hulk and thanos in. There are also the master display cases that light up and rotate for 80 i think. Whenever i get the sideshow 25 off codes i use themon these rather than figures.

It may not be perfect (is any figure?), but he looks darn good on the shelf! Easily my favorite Star Wars figure ever.

U9fOrVo.jpg

TxTKdMI.jpg

Yeah, there's several somewhat prominent facemask errors but HT ESB Vader still has some nice shelf presence.

GNrcdQY.jpg

I still really love the look of the ESB Vader. Is he better than the R1 Vader? I'm debating on getting the ESB one or waiting to see if the release a ROTJ version.

I still really love the look of the ESB Vader. Is he better than the R1 Vader?

That’s really subjective. I think the general consensus is those two are the best out-of-the-box without mods. As to which is best? it’s really down to personal preference and which inaccuracies/flaws you can live with more. It’s also worth noting ESB is easily the most “complete package” out of the box with all the working lights, accessories, and the diorama base. He makes a great display.

I still really love the look of the ESB Vader. Is he better than the R1 Vader? I'm debating on getting the ESB one or waiting to see if the release a ROTJ version.

I?ve had both. I really liked ESB, but something about R1 Vader was very imposing and I preferred it for a while. But after living with both, maybe because of the OT ... for me nothing beats ESB Vader standing there with his hands on his belt.

I think you could be happy with either one, but it depends on the film you ultimately prefer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That?s an awesome Vader collection.

Cape flows really nicely on that second one. Excellent pics!
:duff
What mods did you make to your ESB Vader, matrix?

I painted the left tusk tube the correct color...raised the helmet at the back and dulled the inside...and i sanded down the widows peck.

Just like HT Empire fett the mask/helmet can look ok from a certain angle...but from other angles and under closer scrutiny it's all a bit of an underwhelming mess...

The mask/helmet on the R1 version is better than the Empire version...but you get more bang for your buck with the Empire version...

If i were you i'd hold out for the ROTJ version...just on the off chance that HT might scale down the beautiful 1/4 vader helmet and in turn produce the best looking 1/6 version...

The mask/helmet on the R1 version is better than the Empire version...but you get more bang for your buck with the Empire version...

If i were you i'd hold out for the ROTJ version...just on the off chance that HT might scale down the beautiful 1/4 vader helmet and in turn produce the best looking 1/6 version...
Yeah that's probably what I will do. I'm really hoping HT does scale down the quarter scale soon. I just hope they include some type of killer base for the ROTJ version. It's hard to beat that ESB base.

Yeah that's probably what I will do. I'm really hoping HT does scale down the quarter scale soon. I just hope they include some type of killer base for the ROTJ version. It's hard to beat that ESB base.

The rogue one and esb vaders are still available at retail, and the 1/4 scale rotj just came out, so i really doubt we will get a 1/6 rotj vader for a long time.

I don?t own any Star Wars hot toys but I?m really digging this and deluxe ROTJ Luke. What?s the chances sideshow has a coupon for this for Black Friday?

I don?t own any Star Wars hot toys but I?m really digging this and deluxe ROTJ Luke. What?s the chances sideshow has a coupon for this for Black Friday?
For a popular and current figure, probably zero.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Vader is on a low stock alert right now. Best get it now. I?m crossing my fingers it?s available beginning of next month when I get my bonus check for work.

Ordered this the other day, just too iconic to pass up and I needed a suited Vader.

Looking forward to the RoTJ version, but this will be a nice addition as well.

Hi guys, I got the chance to pick this up at a decent price but want to run this past you guys first. I got the R1 vader and I'm pretty happy with it, I like the height on him too. Why would I change it for this one? Thanks for the input!

Back