1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was me, I sold everything off after my Dad passed. I had gotten very down, I guess we can never leave this hobby, I'm slowing buying back some figures, as corny as it sounds , it feels good be back, it's raising my spirits and I missed the banter of the forum. :)

Pretty sure nearly everyone on this board for 5 years or more has quit the hobby at least once.

Pretty sure nearly everyone on this board for 5 years or more has quit the hobby at least once.

That?s the truth. I was into this starting hobby 2011 for a while, then quit for a very long time. Shame as I missed a lot of good figures but fully back into it the past few years

I hope I don't regret passing on this for the undoubtedly and eventual ROTJ version. Which should easily be everything this version is, and more... I really don't care for diorama bases, so that's no loss for me. But I do want a shiny Vader to go along with my ANH Vader.

ESB & ROTJ are too similar to have 2 different versions. Most likely why SS did the ESB/ROTJ deluxe figure. And I do have that version to hold me over.

I hope I don't regret passing on this for the undoubtedly and eventual ROTJ version. Which should easily be everything this version is, and more... I really don't care for diorama bases, so that's no loss for me. But I do want a shiny Vader to go along with my ANH Vader.

ESB & ROTJ are too similar to have 2 different versions. Most likely why SS did the ESB/ROTJ deluxe figure. And I do have that version to hold me over.

For me Shiny Vader is ESB. RotJ Vader will be unmasked in my display.

For me Shiny Vader is ESB. RotJ Vader will be unmasked in my display.

ESB is, like most, my favorite SW movie. And Vader was a bad ass. I'd love to buy every version, but space and money make that not possible. Can't have every character I want. I wish... :lol

I still want to swing the 1/4 scale too. So I'd probably have that with full helmet and the 1/6 unmasked.

ESB is, like most, my favorite SW movie. And Vader was a bad ass. I'd love to buy every version, but space and money make that not possible. Can't have every character I want. I wish... :lol

I still want to swing the 1/4 scale too. So I'd probably have that with full helmet and the 1/6 unmasked.

Guh. Space and money. We could all use more of both. I?d have bought the 1:4 but I just couldn?t justify it.

Guh. Space and money. We could all use more of both. I?d have bought the 1:4 but I just couldn?t justify it.

I want the 1/4 scale to do a nice display with the MR lightsaber props I have. And hope one day to have space for a full size 1:1 Vader helmet too. Almost got the EFX PCR limited for $320, but the box would be too damn big to store for an eventual/hopeful future display.

I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger as I've never spent over $350 on any collectible. And years ago I decided to set my threshold at $300. But he looks to great to pass up...

Thought of ordering this a few times but never pulled the trigger on it. I don’t regret it too much and the only reason I sort of would have wanted this version is for the diorama base. Otherwise I’m okay waiting for the inevitable ROTJ version.

It was me, I sold everything off after my Dad passed. I had gotten very down, I guess we can never leave this hobby, I'm slowing buying back some figures, as corny as it sounds , it feels good be back, it's raising my spirits and I missed the banter of the forum. :)

Welcome back, Darthrazz. You are one of the old gang and it's good to see you back. My prayers and condolences on your loss.

Glad to see you back man. I'm very sorry for your loss.

I slowed down, but never gave up. My signature says it all

He even stands like middle management. [emoji38]

04f06a6bafc17587526a8e473fde80b0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For anyone that has the 1/4 and the 1/6 what one is better in your guy' opinion?

Also, as I'm about to get the 1/4, bit of bants - what makes people think he's badass in the OT? I thought he was rather tame by the time I got round to watching them when I was a kid, he's a choker and a finger swinger but overall doesn't give the most badass impression. In fact he a lil' bish in episode 4 with Tarkin, which I've now only just realised episode 7 and 8 riff on with Kylo and Hux, which now makes me dislike episode 7 and JJ even more.

NOW Rogue one, that is freaking badass. And what made me want a 1/4 Vader (I know different costumes and all).

For anyone that has the 1/4 and the 1/6 what one is better in your guy' opinion?

Also, as I'm about to get the 1/4, bit of bants - what makes people think he's badass in the OT? I thought he was rather tame by the time I got round to watching them when I was a kid, he's a choker and a finger swinger but overall doesn't give the most badass impression. In fact he a lil' bish in episode 4 with Tarkin, which I've now only just realised episode 7 and 8 riff on with Kylo and Hux, which now makes me dislike episode 7 and JJ even more.

NOW Rogue one, that is freaking badass. And what made me want a 1/4 Vader (I know different costumes and all).

Vader is badass in the OT because he doesn't need the lightsaber to prove himself. The Tantive 4 scene when he enters the ship after the Stormtroopers shows how impressive he is from the first scenes, when I watched that as a child, besides wanting a Stormtrooper armor, made me realize how powerful and unpredictable Vader is. ESB has shown even more of the true Vader. Vader is not flashy or hip. He is not Kylo, he is not the crying PT Ani either, he is a dark entity that you don't want to mess up with. I have a hunch you are a younger SW fan...

And yes, the 1/4 HT Vader is better than the 1/6. If you can get both, the 1/6 to have together with the other 1/6 characters, and the 1/4 for display as a centerpiece.

No comparison...the new 1/4 vader is simply the best vader fig in any scale and blows all before it away...

If you're a stickler for accuracy the R1 or 2pack Tarkin are the best "out of the box" versions in 1/6..

The Empire version is nice enough especially the base and light-up features...but the mask sculpt is the poorest yet from HT

I agree with jnko on his summing up...

As cool and all as it was seeing vader wield the saber in R1...i've always seen the saber as just backup and nothing more...

I found the force choke scene with Krennic much more impressive..

If you think about it he didn't need to use the saber at all in that corridor scene...he could've just force choked them all easy...but i guess a brightly lite buzzing saber has more of a visual impact over wiggling a finger at them:)

Vader is so much more though...the look...the voice...the presence and the force...yes it's all about the force...knowing that he could force choke you to death with just one finger is far more frightening and disturbing than any saber scene...

If you check Matrix69's pictures, you'll end up with quarter scale.

I agree with jnko on his summing up...

As cool and all as it was seeing vader wield the saber in R1...i've always seen the saber as just backup and nothing more...

I found the force choke scene with Krennic much more impressive..

If you think about it he didn't need to use the saber at all in that corridor scene...he could've just force choked them all easy...but i guess a brightly lite buzzing saber has more of a visual impact over wiggling a finger at them:)

Vader is so much more though...the look...the voice...the presence and the force...yes it's all about the force...knowing that he could force choke you to death with just one finger is far more frightening and disturbing than any saber scene...

Just to add a bit to it (I agree with what you say here, even if I admit I love the corridor scene at the end of Rogue One...), not only can he choke you with the force, he can single you out to do it across unimaginably vast distances in space. He chokes guys to death that are on completely different starships than he is. And he?s accurate enough to just get that one person without bothering the thousands of other crew in the vessel! Plus he uses the force to CATCH LASER BOLTS WITH HIS HANDS, and then uses it to yank your weapon away from you. He?s nigh unstoppable from the perspective of typical infantry soldiers. And he does it all with this icy, menacing, nonchalant calmness that is utterly terrifying.

JEDIT:
I?d also like to add my two cents about the figures. It was discussed to death when this figure came out, but I disagree that this has the most inaccurate face mask in 1/6 from HT. I?d say it has the most obvious ?at a glance? inaccuracy in the tusk angle. But aside from that (which isn?t as bad in hand as it is in photos, imo) I?d argue that both this and the previous face mask (used for both ANH and the R1 figures) are equally inaccurate, just in different areas and ways. It?s up to you to research the details and decide which version you prefer (or don?t research, be blissfully unaware of any issues and just enjoy a great figure, whichever one you choose!). For me, if I could correct the tusks, I?d say the ESB face mask is the clear winner. And even as is I think it looks great in hand. I?ve never owned the other hot toys Vader?s but I have seen the ANH version in person and, out of the box, the ESB looks much more accurate to the screen counterpart when taking the figure as a whole. But to each their own. Having this many amazing Vader?s to pick from is something I never thought I?d see to begin with, so it?s a great place to be in!

And the 1/4 does look like a masterpiece if you?ve got the money and the space for it.

This is what?s always bothered me about what I?ve seen of EU Vader and the RO scene.

Those guys are *beneath* him. He doesn?t need to engage them in melee combat.

That scene where takes their blasters? He could have done that while simultaneously pinning and/or choking them to get the plans.

It is what it is...but less is more with Vader. He?s not a Terminator. He?s something much worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back