1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 306 - Avengers: AoU - Thor Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They really needed to
Include a flight stand for this figure, huge fail on HTs part

Was it not that dark in AoU though? I thought both TDW and AoU capes were slightly darker than the capes in the first Thor and Avengers films.

It has never been that dark in the movie. Always stood out as a brighter red than any other part of his costume.
His gauntlets were more of a maroon color than the cape.

avengers-age-of-ultron-thor-01-e1422377881793.jpg

Same thing went for his Dark World costume.

thor2-avengers-age-of-ultron-s-thor-3-connection-confirmed-jpeg-286641.jpg

Ah, perhaps slightly too dark indeed, though I still don't really have an issue with the AoU figure cape. I prefer the darker hue in lieu of the brighter cape though on the first Avengers Thor.

I was looking at some images from him in his first Avengers suit, and the cape looks to be a bit darker than the shade they gave it on the figure. I think TDW figure(s) captured the cape hue quite well.

Yeah, TDW figures had the best cape, and the Light Armor Version even had the dirty bottom part to it, which was a nice touch.

I think the biggest thing I have again all the Thor HT figures is that they seem to be afraid to go dirty blonde with his hair paint.
They have all just come out way too brown looking. The AoU one is more gold, to be sure… but it is still not correct.

Yeah, the LA TDW figure is my favorite in hand Thor figure thus far. I like the dirty effect on the bottom of the cape as well.

It has never been that dark in the movie. Always stood out as a brighter red than any other part of his costume.
His gauntlets were more of a maroon color than the cape.

avengers-age-of-ultron-thor-01-e1422377881793.jpg

Same thing went for his Dark World costume.

thor2-avengers-age-of-ultron-s-thor-3-connection-confirmed-jpeg-286641.jpg

It all depends on what source material to use hot toys was given. There are scenes and production art, and costumer layouts where it appears darker. It may not have been that dark but it may have appeared that dark in the reference hot toys got. Remember the first prototype was shown at toy soul 6 plus months before the movie came out. Hot toys didn't have the movie to go by. They had reference provided by marvel months before filming wrapped.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

That is a beautiful set-up, skyler. Very clean looking figures, and I like the darker hue to the photos. The gap between the middle red stripe and the pant line on AoU Cap is perfect.

Looks really good!
So, AOU Thor with DW Body and pants?

I have the AOU Thor on order and this will be my first (and hopefully only) Thor. I like the bare arms because it reminds me of the classic comic look but I am tempted to pick up a DW body with the chain mail arms to swap it out with once in a while. I am assuming switching the clothes doesn't risk damaging anything? If I do this I may have to get the DW pants too because it looks like the AOU pants are darker on the chain mail detailing on the side of the pants.

Anyway- great custom! Oh, I like your name plates too? Did you pull those off something else or are they custom made too?

No just body DW.
The plates are those of the original stand that I gently took off ��

No it's very simple, should just take off parts and paste after No it's very simple, should just take off right parts and paste after.

Back