1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 222/223: Space Pirate Captain Harlock (2013): Captain Harlock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 222/223: Space Pirate Captain Harlock (CG film): Captain Harlo

If I only owned figures from good movies I'd have a small collection lol. uploadfromtaptalk1407906050823.jpg

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 222/223: Space Pirate Captain Harlock (CG film): Captain Harlo

I watched the movie this past weekend and I enjoyed it. Very well done story may have been a little over the place but the film itself was beautiful. I may eventually pick this figure up. I would love to have it for sure!

Very cool photo Rudimus, thanks. My Harlock arrives tomorrow.

Just got mine delivered! I'm at work though so I'll have to wait till tonight to pose him and take pics! But the figure is fantastic!

Thanks for posting Rudimus, I've been waiting for owners photos.
I've never seen the movie myself, but I just love how this figure looks... and I've been on the fence about getting him for a long time now. Some more owners photos might just be enough to make me buy him at last.

It's my pleasure fellas, this figure is something special. The textures on it, the details, the flexibility despite the constricting suit, the awesome cape. The camera on my phone certainly doesn't do it justice, can't wait to see other people's photos. IMO heavy contender for figure of the year.

So I finally got to get my figure posed and set up. He's awesome. Really great detail all around. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the bird... well namely the stand. The way it is, it interferes with Harlocks cape if you want to have him on his shoulder. So you can't really do cool poses and have him hangout there.

9MzH3Cu.jpg

P1ZkC3P.jpg

ZgXpbeo.jpg

Ymt6WxM.jpg

G4IhUN0.jpg

I watched the movie the other night at work. Instant buy. I wish there was a Chogokin version of the new Arcadia.

Need a better camera is what this figure makes me think. Lol uploadfromtaptalk1408090663117.jpg

I watched this tonight on Netflix....story was decent but visually outstanding.

Ok, how can you watch the movie and think the ending made any sense?
Spoiler Spoiler:

My waitlist for Harlock w/throne actually ended up converting a few days after placing it. I was kind of surprised. I think this is going to make an excellent display piece. I enjoyed the movie (watched it on Netflix) and am currently tracking down some of the older Harlock anime.

Edit: Surprise! It showed up early to my work. Can't wait to get home and open this up!

Last edited:

After seeing some in-hand pics of this guy I might actually get him next year, if I can. Seeing what Hot Toys can do with an anime license makes me really wish they could do some Berserk figures, although Medicom is doing better with those, Hot Toys' I'm sure would be breathtaking

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 222/223 - Space Pirate Captain Harlock (CG film): Captain Harl

Finally got my hands on this guy! He freaking rocks! to bad my LCS didnt get the throne of Arcadia.

While I love it, I think it has several flaws:

-the bird.. it's well made, but you can't pose it on his shoulder, there's just enough room for 1 leg, plus the plastic extension for the holder couldn't be lamer (looks stupid & has to go behind the cape). I wish the bird had its legs designed to fit on the base's nameplate, because there it would fit.

-I'm not complaining about the lack of hands because neither the gun nor the sword fit well in the hands. Actually, I hadn't even noticed that the 2 holding hands were right ones, because they're very similar, and they don't really seem to be tailored for either gun or sword. Besides, the sword being held like a gun, it doesn't look very good except in a few poses.

The cape could have used a wire, yes, but I find it posable enough, it's only the back that's a bit too flat for my taste. I also found the arm joint a little weird. Still, a very badass figure. And for an anime-based one, it's much better than what Medicom generally offers. It's the Hot Toys headsculpt here.

you might have misunderstood the meaning,
1st of all, the Elf didn't sacrifice herself, doing so will render the dark energy useless as she's the only person capable of controlling the matter,
2nd The ship was not supposed to be dead because Harlock knows once the ship is dead, there will be nobody to stop the upcoming wars and earth will end up really dead.
3rd I don't think everyone came back from dead, since many of them weren't dead to begin with, the lights turning on probably woke them up, some are probably dead though but since most of them wear those heavy armor we can't be sure if they were really dead or just playing dead or simply fainted.
4th Captain Harlock didn't give the young guy the keys, it was the Elf in Harlock's form to make the handover more epic, the real Harlock was burnt as fuel (just like the rest of his "friends" for the dark energy so the ship can withstand the blast from Jupiter. Yea they did show the elf floating & disintegrating infront of Harlock but it's just to trick the viewers (or whomever might be there), the Captain Harlock you saw after the handover is just a spiritual representation as you can see the chair is actually empty.
5th Harlock handed over the Arcadia & Detonation control for the Chain bomb to the new guy, so the new guy replaces Harlock's role and has the option to "Reset" should everything go real South.

Ok, how can you watch the movie and think the ending made any sense?
Spoiler Spoiler:

Potato,
You are really reaching here. The elf had said she was sacrificing herself to release the dark matter to stop the earth from being destroyed. That was not supposed to be to trick the viewers it's just bad story telling. Them all coming back at the end is a cop out Deus Ex Machina.

I loved the film. Sure, the story is a bit of a mess but visually it is absolutely stunning. It's on Netflix, but I'll get the BD when it comes out. The figure has arrived at my LCS, haven't picked it up yet.

Potato,
You are really reaching here. The elf had said she was sacrificing herself to release the dark matter to stop the earth from being destroyed. That was not supposed to be to trick the viewers it's just bad story telling. Them all coming back at the end is a cop out Deus Ex Machina.

it's probably a mistake or a way to trick the viewers, in the end Harlock is sacrificed no doubt about that, i don't see which part of Harlock came back. The throne was empty even though few scenes showing the spiritual representation of Harlock.

Back