1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 222/223: Space Pirate Captain Harlock (2013): Captain Harlock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 222/223: Space Pirate Captain Harlock (CG film): Captain Harlo

I have this on preorder. I've been trying to decide if I want to keep my preorder or get something else. The other things I've been contemplating getting instead are Hot Toys Iron Man Mk XLII or Hot Toys Hulk. All 3 looks great, but I can't afford all 3 unfortunately. The in-hand images of Harlock look great, but so do the others. Decisions, decisions...

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 222/223: Space Pirate Captain Harlock (CG film): Captain Harlo

I keep waffling. I'm not nuts about the face and I never like Hot Toys with long hair.
I also dislike the boot design.

Decisions decisions.

I guess if I have to think about it this much I shouldn't go for it haha

I'm in the same boat. I was going to go all in on Iron Man 42 but then QC issues started to pop up. I love this new design but the film itself is rather bland compared to the animation quality and the character designs.

I'm in the same boat. I was going to go all in on Iron Man 42 but then QC issues started to pop up. I love this new design but the film itself is rather bland compared to the animation quality and the character designs.

I watched the movie with a better subtitle track than the ones I found online. I actually got the movie on blu-ray from Hong Kong. I enjoyed it much more watching it the second time around with better subtitles that I could actually keep up with. I'm a big Harlock fan, but unless I get some extra money before it comes out, I don't think I'll end up going with it as my choice. Same for Iron Man mk 42. The QC issues have led me to completely cancel my preorder for it and wait to see if those issues get fixed or not. I'm not spending over $300 on a figure that has QC issues like mk 42 has. I did decide to buy a Hot Toys Hulk from a seller on eBay. I haven't gotten it yet but I think I made a good choice.

I'm hoping we see a 14-day notice from SS for the Captain this week.

i'm so so stoked for this figure! i ordered the set from amiami, and still not sure when i'm getting it. i figured its from an asian e-tailer so i figured it would be sooner rather then later, but yet still no charge yet from them.

I just got my shipping soon notice from SideShow yesterday! I can't wait!

Weird. Nothing out of HLJ yet.

Heard from SS these are going to ship on the 5th. So much for July.

Just got a confirmation notice for payment from amiami. Finally! This is finally coming home!

Hell yeah got my notice that they'll be billing me on the 5th. I'm assuming it'll ship shortly thereafter!

Just put myself on the waitlist for the throne version. Wonder what the odds are.

They got harlok space pirate film on Netflix is this the movie the figure is based on?

Yep. I think Filmation will be releasing it here on blu ray soon.

I ordered the figure before i saw the movie. Glad I did because the figure looks awesome and it'll be sold out soon.

UPS Tracking has mine in route! Should arrive Wednesday!

Just watched the video for this and Storm Riders Striding Cloud on Youtube at Jacky Chang's channel. Glad I pre-ordered Cloud, sad I didn't for Harlock. Looks great.

I watched the movie last night and it actually convinced me to not get this toy. It made less sense than a Michael Bay movie. It was pretty, but not at all thought out or even that exciting.

Back