1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 222/223: Space Pirate Captain Harlock (2013): Captain Harlock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 222/223: Space Pirate Captain Harlock (CG film): Captain Harlo

I'm fairly certain the throne wasnt empty at the end.
It wasnt a twist to me and I figured out early on that this may well be another Phoenix story where the guy will take over in the end.
At the end when it finally pans out pretty fast, and shows the other guy helming the ship, I rewinded it several times, and to my surprise, it looks the the older Harlock is still sitting in the chair. So I kinda thought maybe that's just a spiritual version of him sitting there.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 222/223: Space Pirate Captain Harlock (CG film): Captain Harlo

I'm fairly certain the throne wasnt empty at the end.
It wasnt a twist to me and I figured out early on that this may well be another Phoenix story where the guy will take over in the end.
At the end when it finally pans out pretty fast, and shows the other guy helming the ship, I rewinded it several times, and to my surprise, it looks the the older Harlock is still sitting in the chair. So I kinda thought maybe that's just a spiritual version of him sitting there.

i don't have the movie with me but did you check when the camera was from the top, the seat was empty, they did showed Harlock on his chair commanding "set sail" or something before the new guy said the same thing, but you can see in few scenes the seat was empty.

Nope, watching it now, once he sits down, there is no point where it shows the chair empty.
It may appear that way cause it focuses on the younger harlock, and the chair, blurred behind in the background.
But if you pause it, you can still see harlock sitting there.

Even at the very ending scene, I'm looking at it right now. Where the camera is outside, in front of the ship, then the camera pans inside to show the new harlock at the wheel. It took a lot of replay and pause cause the camera pans really fast, so you have to pause just at the right time. But if you pause it just at the right time, you'll see the new harlock holding the steering wheel, the alien girl next to him, and behind them, ..you can clearly see the older harlock still sitting in the chair.

The first time I saw the movie, My original take on the ending is that the older harlock dies, and in his place is the new younger harlock.
Hence, the Phoenix type of ending.

But now that I'm looking at this again, I don't think this is the case.
It appears he only only stepped down to let the new younger harlock run the show now but he is still there...just no longer in command.

Last edited:

i guess you are correct Harlock was indeed still sitting on his throne, the only 3 screens where he is sitting there is 1.After he handed the patch to Harlock you see him sitting there until the elf showed up which is then all covered by the new guy 2.The sceen showing Harlock saying "Arcadia" 3.The less than 1 sec screen where the camera zooms into the bridge.

based on the translation of what the elf said & storyline, i would guess that it was an error for Harlock to show up in the 3rd scene, 1st scene suppose to cover Harlock & showing the elf transformed from Harlock back to elf, 2nd a spiritual representation of Harlock, so the 3rd scene which showed for half a sec was either a mistake, or a last minute change in the script that the producers deem not necessary to redo.

but since they kept showing Harlock there, i guess you can say the plot totally sucks & full of plotholes.

Yup, agreed.
First time I saw it, I was on the assumption on what the ending was hinting, I also thought the chair was empty and the older harlock's spirit withered within the ship. It wasn't until the 2nd viewing where I barely caught it and said, hey wait a minute, and started pausing the very ending scene.

Space time continuum stories where two characters but the same person occupy the same time always ends up throwing lots of loopholes.

Last edited:

Yup, agreed.
First time I saw it, I was on the assumption on what the ending was hinting, I also thought the chair was empty and the older harlock's spirit withered within the ship. It wasn't until the 2nd viewing where I barely caught it and said, hey wait a minute, and started pausing the very ending scene.

Space time continuum stories where two characters but the same person occupy the same time always ends up throwing lots of loopholes.

i would just assume the makers made a mistake at the final scene where they zoomed in from the bridge as it makes more sense when you look at the conversation & storyline, who knew a half a sec on screen mistake could turn a block buster hit into a confusing sci-fi movie.

Harlock isnt dead. He just cant leave the ship now. Hes bound to the drive the same way the elf is.

I thought since he found that life had started to regrow on earth, he was redeemed, but yet he would surrender control of the Arcadia to Logan to take on the role of immortal Harlock. In the past he would die when no life was found, but after redemption they entered uncharted territory. So many ways to interpret and certainly not a western style ending.

Does anybody know if any other characters from the movie are going to be made???

The chances are next to zero that Hot Toys will make any more characters. I think we are lucky we got Harlock but Kei would have been nice too.

If Sideshow includes this figure in the 30% discount coupon during Spook, I would get this in a heartbeat.

If Sideshow includes this figure in the 30% discount coupon during Spook, I would get this in a heartbeat.

I'm hoping that it gets some additional discount. Nice figure. too pricey for me right now.

Are these Pirate costumes for sale? Though I am not a crazy fan of Captain Harlock but I love his jacket. I want that piece individually because I am a fan of Jolly Roger and love the combination with it. I hope a simple jacket would be fine because the full costume is so expensive.

I'm hoping that it gets some additional discount. Nice figure. too pricey for me right now.

Yeah....it's 25% off right now on top of the 10% and free shipping and rewards promo. just ordered one.

Me too. Great looking figure from a beautifully rendered movie
yeah I was going to get him back when he released but had too many pvc figure orders I had to pay first lol so happy I can finally get him. I got cloud the storm rider too.

yeah I was going to get him back when he released but had too many pvc figure orders I had to pay first lol so happy I can finally get him. I got cloud the storm rider too.

Nice choice. I'm grabbing Harlock myself and I have Cloud; he's a great figure.

I can't believe how much I paid for the Harlock with the Throne.
Sideshow Black Friday sale has it for $320.00 with Double Rewards Back totaling $63.00
That's a Great Deal!

I don't know the source material but I really loved the look of this figure so I picked one up during SS sale. Anyone take advantage of the sale?

Looking at the new prototype of HT Black Widow for Age of Ultron had me still thinking that HT could have done a wonderful Kei to complement this Harlock...
Just imagine Kei standing next to the throne or sitting on its armrest with Harlock sitting in the throne...Wow! that would have been truly something...I can totally picture that...

But they will not make her...

Oh well...

Back