1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 222/223: Space Pirate Captain Harlock (2013): Captain Harlock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 222/223: Space Pirate Captain Harlock (CG film): Captain Harlo

I have a question for anyone who has this figure.
Is the leather on his costume high quality? dose it feel like it will last ?I really want to buy him but I'm worried that the leather will degrade over time.
It sees like anything I have that's displayed with shiny or stretchy leather breaks down and falls apart after a year .
Any advice or input will be appreciated.
Thanks -Drake

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 222/223: Space Pirate Captain Harlock (CG film): Captain Harlo

I have a question for anyone who has this figure.
Is the leather on his costume high quality? dose it feel like it will last ?I really want to buy him but I'm worried that the leather will degrade over time.
It sees like anything I have that's displayed with shiny or stretchy leather breaks down and falls apart after a year .
Any advice or input will be appreciated.
Thanks -Drake

This is also a concern I have. While I have not had other pleather degrade-yet! This is hot toys were talking about- if you live in a climate where you have experienced this degradation I would expect the same problem with this figure. Sad really. Such an awesome looking figure.

It seems well made enough. I think that if you had it in direct sunlight it would probably degrade over time, and it you were moving it around a lot. But just posed and in normal light I think it would be fine for a long time.

Here's my captain.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420208820.984807.jpg

Toy is my life!

It seems well made enough. I think that if you had it in direct sunlight it would probably degrade over time, and it you were moving it around a lot. But just posed and in normal light I think it would be fine for a long time.

Thanks, I'm very careful about direct sunlight also and keeping my figures dusted. I've managed to keep my medicom spawn mint after all these years so I think going to give the space captain a chance, he's just too cool

Don't mention it! You won't be sorry! He is a great figure and currently my collection favorite.

Man that pic makes me wish I sprung for the throne! So bad ass!

Side Show did an amazing job with Harlock but why did they stop there?

Where are the pirates? He has to control the pirates....They were the coolest part of the whole movie.

Side Show please do the pirates with an axe & gun. You would def sell a few of them because I'd buy at least 3 to back up Harlock.

I'm sure everyone else would too who is a fan. They are like the storm troopers but way cooler in my opinion. They seem right up your alley being a mix between storm troopers & iron man (with the hud in the helmet)

Please consider making these awesome gold armored space pirates from the movie!!

pirates.jpg

Just some more shots for reference as I can't believe there are no action figures of these guys who are one of the coolest parts about the movie!
Please create these amazing space pirates and they will sell like hot cakes!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Woulda been cool to get the mask with Harlock as well:

image.jpg
image.jpg

He really needs Miime by his side.

She controls the whole ships energy and powers his whole mission.

She is so powerful and awesome.

Wish we could have an accurate version of her as well.

image.jpg

Sideshow did not make any Harlock figures but hot toys did.

They are cool looking figures, and right up ThreeZero's alley to make them or figures inspired by them. I would suggest to write ThreeZero an email/comment to that effect. Because the way Hot Toys do things, and the lack of popularity of the film (and how Harlock figure went on clearance), I personally doubt Hot Toys nor Sideshow will do it. They can be expensive but ThreeZero makes smaller runs of more obscure things and robots, like go look at the Kong figure they're selling now LOL

I watched the movie with a friend and loved it. I loved how well in CG they had kept the characters true to the artwork style. I was kinda stunned that the chair added alike another $100 dollars to him, so I decided not to get it and just him alone but Im not bonding with Harlock at all. I have Ezio, but when I am able to im going to put up an ad for him.

CG Characters were pretty good, but I think his ship Arcadia was better in Anime movie version.
This is combination of CG Harlock and Anime ship from Bandai :D
DSC06086.JPG
DSC06084.JPG

Just imagine Kei standing next to the throne or sitting on its armrest with Harlock sitting in the throne...Wow! that would have been truly something...I can totally picture that...

But they will not make her...

Agreed!

I don't think we will see a new Appleseed Deunan either which is a shame...

I fell in love with the figure when it came out but really had to think twice about the purchase due to the price. I personally thought the movie was stunning.
Anyway finally found a brand new sealed in the shipper Harlock on EvilBay for $165 and I jumped at the chance to own the figure. Still wanting the throne in the worst way...I got a clearance update for over at BBTS.com where they just placed the Throne version down to $319.....again I jumped at the chance. I now will have two Harlocks...one will be moodily sitting on his throne while the other will be posed at a custom skull rudder I'm in the process of making....good day to be an anime fan.
Anyone interested in the sale over at BBTS here is the link....
1/6 Scale Space Pirate Movie Masterpiece Captain Harlock With Throne of Arcadia - Space Pirate Captain Harlock Figures

Take care ~ Jase

Can anyone who has the version with the throne , does back lean to the right and is that normal ?

Is there any way to buy the throne separately?

Back