1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - Silver Centurion (Armor Suit Up Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they had to make a figure like this, the Mk VII opened up with a Tony Stark figure in his Black Sabbath shirt and a glass of scotch would’ve been preferable.

At least that would go with the upcoming Loki and Avengers Cap.

I really like the Silver Centurion suit but this can’t even be displayed optionally as the fully deployed suit, which is lame.

I would rather have an updated Mk 42 with better paint and Mk 43 improvements and the Iron Patriot again than this.

I understand we’re in a difficult period of Hot Toys and other brands trying to buy time for Phase 4 to really kick off by releasing figures from legacy media. But the level of creativity and effort Hot Toys has been putting towards that has really been subpar.

I get that Iron Man sells, but this feels like milking a pretty chafed up cow at this point. Instead of weird figures and reissues and rehashes, they could go back and revisit figures that need improvements, haven’t been made that wouldn’t be too difficult to, or reissue figures actually in demand.

Captain America Rescue 2.0, WWII Agent Carter, Avengers 1 Thor 2.0, Avengers 1 Hulk, and Infinity War/Endgame versions of Falcon, Scarlet Witch, Black Panther, Drax, etc. Also, where is Mantis?

Very surprised to see 100% negativity on this forum so far for this announcement.

Tired of preorders. With the enormous delay that they have, they should stop showing new things and put in order all the releases. Waiting more than 2 years for loki for example. Not fair.

Very surprised to see 100% negativity on this forum so far for this announcement.
Because all hot toys cares about is Iron Man and Star Wars.......:banghead:mad: and gmoney5000, if you'e planning on getting this, be sure to post pictures of the box, it's what we all want DAMMIT!!!!!] :lol

Because all hot toys cares about is Iron Man and Star Wars.......:banghead:mad: and gmoney5000, if you'e planning on getting this, be sure to post pictures of the box, it's what we all want DAMMIT!!!!!] :lol
Lol I've got no plans to pick this up at this very moment, but yes, always the box...forever the box! :rotfl

I wish HT would start diving into comic book suits, like the Extremis armor or the Bleeding Edge armor. But that would require entirely new molds and engineering work, which costs time and money. It's much cheaper to just reuse existing molds and repurpose them, like these "Suit Up" line of products or that new "Armorized" line.

This will end up like all the other Hot Toys these days and end up in the bargain sale bin eventually. Every Marvel figure has ended up being in the steep discount bin for the past two years.

Hot Toys - you're saving me money and keep reaffirming for me that I'll be out of the 1/6 game in about 3-4 years (except for my own creations).

The Silver Centurion suit became Iron Man's suit just after I started reading comics. It, and of course the original Red & Gold, are my 2 favorite Iron Man iterations.

When I saw this I was scared I'd want it (I do have the original). But then I saw it's a "suit up" only version...

:yess: Money Saved!!! :lol

Wonder why all the love suddenly for the Silver Centurion armor. First we got a new Marvel Legend figure and then an even more amazing Marvel Select figure. Now this...

The Silver Centurion suit became Iron Man's suit just after I started reading comics. It, and of course the original Red & Gold, are my 2 favorite Iron Man iterations.

When I saw this I was scared I'd want it (I do have the original). But then I saw it's a "suit up" only version...

:yess: Money Saved!!! :lol

Wonder why all the love suddenly for the Silver Centurion armor. First we got a new Marvel Legend figure and then an even more amazing Marvel Select figure. Now this...
Maybe because it has silver instead of gold. I was reading comics in the mid 80's and this was the suit I remember most. Loved armor wars and this suit.

Maybe because it has silver instead of gold. I was reading comics in the mid 80's and this was the suit I remember most. Loved armor wars and this suit.
Same for me, still my all-time favorite Iron Man story. Disappointed that Armor Wars wasn't the story for Iron Man 3. Instead it will be a series...without Tony Stark

Same for me, still my all-time favorite Iron Man story. Disappointed that Armor Wars wasn't the story for Iron Man 3. Instead it will be a series...without Tony Stark
Yep a missed opportunity but the movies take the stories from the comics and run in different directions most of the time. Like the John Walker story in Falcon and Winter Soldier. Needed Roger's for that story really. It would have shown the differences in the character's better and could have been an epic story in the the cinematic universe but whats done is done.

Boy Hot Toys sure has been pedaling a significant number of universally-panned or very-low interest figures this year. With their capacity to only release about 50 figures per year at best, you'd think they'd shy away from stuff literally no one was asking for.

Nearly $500. More expensive than even the EG Iron Patriot. A few things that could account for the higher price tag:

-more elaborate engineering given this is a figure that also articulates
-a lot of seemingly bright, USB powered leds littered throughout the suit

Back