1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - Silver Centurion (Armor Suit Up Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For this to light up with a USB, it would require wires to go throughout the body. Through all the moving joints, which would severely restrict movement. Thats why they haven't done it before. I guess they figured with all those open panels, its already pretty limited so it won't make huge difference.

Do people in China really like this stuff or are there people not on the forum that just buy up every hot toys product. 500 for this is hilarious. I remember the first mark 3 being 300 and that looked amazing

Jesus, with these prices I'll need to trim my wishlist down even more just to get the bare essentials. Imagine if the MCU gets to Apocalypse and he's Thanos-size. He'll end up costing 600$ with all of his tubes and whatever. Christ...
Do people in China really like this stuff or are there people not on the forum that just buy up every hot toys product. 500 for this is hilarious. I remember the first mark 3 being 300 and that looked amazing
I believe everyone finds robots and robot-looking characters cool, but the Asian market is especially crazy for them. I don't think this will sell though. I get the appeal of having a Hall Of Armours if you have the money and space. I even get the appeal of the scene specific Mark V Suit-Up if you're the kind of Iron Man Uber-Fan that prioritises scene-specific Iron Suits over any other character. I've had Tony in my Top 3 Capes for nearly two decades now, but I wouldn't go there. Still, I get those. This however? This I just don't get. And I don't think enough people will throw the cash for such a "line" to continue. I'd genuinely much rather see them continue their "interpretations" of the comic suits if they need to keep pumping out Iron Men.

According to Justin of Justin's Collection, Sideshow charges a markup price. The figures you see for $250 U.S. are generally around $199 U.S. in Hong Kong. Would love to hear what this retails for in HK.

According to Justin of Justin's Collection, Sideshow charges a markup price. The figures you see for $250 U.S. are generally around $199 U.S. in Hong Kong. Would love to hear what this retails for in HK.
Yeah, HK prices are actually reasonable in my opinion. I understand the need for a markup to make profit here in the US, but I feel like SS goes a little overboard, especially since they markup shipping too.

Imagine if you could get HK prices with $35-ish shipping they charge me? I might have more figures if that was the case.

The Iron Man's just print money over there, it is crazy how good they do. You can also just check out their social media pages, the amount of likes and comments on their Iron Man stuff usually dwarfs anything else.

It might not have a huge market here in the states or in Europe but they'll sell plenty of these.

Just frustrating to the rest of us as Marvel has gotten a lot the past month or so while DC barely gets scraps and Star Wars has gotten 1 pre-order, the ROTJ Scout Trooper in almost 2 months.

Jet Suit Up Deluxe Version with a Reclining Chair

That would be hilarious. That poor guy who posts "reissue MK46" on everything would be crushed. He probably would have to be on suicide watch

Can you imagine that version stuck in a chair mid recline? That'd be hilarious for us and folks from China would still inhale it in completely like line of coke.

I'm rather glad I'm not an Iron Man completist.
I borderline am, and have no interest in this. It actually is rather random to choose Silver Centurion to release now and in this form. They had to do a new mold for this and should have repurposed the effort into an armor they haven't done yet.

Jesus, with these prices I'll need to trim my wishlist down even more just to get the bare essentials. Imagine if the MCU gets to Apocalypse and he's Thanos-size. He'll end up costing 600$ with all of his tubes and whatever. Christ...
I was on the hype train for certain figures in the summer, but glad I let it calm down and really cut my want list significantly down. I was getting into generally like category instead of got to have. I decided ROTJ Fett is just so awesome, you shouldn't get another Fett unless it looks way better (and not have a gut).
I'm rather glad I'm not an Iron Man completist.
Yeah, not sure how they pull that off. I love Batman and Spider-Man, but I can't just swallow whatever they are making just to have it.

For this to light up with a USB, it would require wires to go throughout the body. Through all the moving joints, which would severely restrict movement. Thats why they haven't done it before. I guess they figured with all those open panels, its already pretty limited so it won't make huge difference.
I think it'd be easy to do if the joints had a metal contact crossing the articulation as part of the joint to carry the power. Just have it complete the circuit. For what it's worth I hated physics, so my knowledge is rudimentary about circuits. Ask me about physiology instead lol.

Back