1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh schnep, that SSC twitter contest I won back in May for a 1/6 Mk 42, I emailed them last week about it since it was forgotten and they had one shipped out right away, turned out to be the Die Cast version and not the Power Pose! :yess:

Wow, nice score brother! That's quite the upgrade if it was meant to be a power pose. Do you have one already or will this be your first die cast? This is such a standout piece that I had to give it it's own Lighthouse case. Congrats.

Wow, nice score brother! That's quite the upgrade if it was meant to be a power pose. Do you have one already or will this be your first die cast? This is such a standout piece that I had to give it it's own Lighthouse case. Congrats.
Thanks, mate! I preordered it around last year when they offered some deals when the movie was about to release so now I have 2. I'm going to either flip it to help pay for some other items or gift it to someone.

Oh schnep, that SSC twitter contest I won back in May for a 1/6 Mk 42, I emailed them last week about it since it was forgotten and they had one shipped out right away, turned out to be the Die Cast version and not the Power Pose! :yess:

Congrats on the sweet score, my man! :duff

You know, er, you could always give your old DC 42 to someone who, cough, doesn't have one, cough.

I was totally shocked, but my Mark 42 finally showed up today after 41 days in the mail (sent EMS, which normally takes 5 to 7 days to arrive). He came with a $65 customs bill but at least I didn't get one with a defect (as far as I can tell). Gosh, I've never been so stressed over a figure before, but looking at how amazing he is, I'm so happy I finally managed to add him to my collection. :)

I was totally shocked, but my Mark 42 finally showed up today after 41 days in the mail (sent EMS, which normally takes 5 to 7 days to arrive). He came with a $65 customs bill but at least I didn't get one with a defect (as far as I can tell). Gosh, I've never been so stressed over a figure before, but looking at how amazing he is, I'm so happy I finally managed to add him to my collection. :)

Glad to hear that, despite the long, circuitous route it took, it all worked out for you! Congrats! :clap

Ugh man thats such a long wait :slap

I think you were very lucky, but this figure is totally worth it :drool

e96U3Pk.jpg

Picked this guy up today for $250...:yess::hi5:

Really good fig. Not sure if I will end up keeping it for a while but I couldn't pass it up for a straight $250 with no tax or shipping.

Here's some pics I took of the Mark 42 today. Such an awesome piece. Just quality and I love posing him! Enjoy! :rock

Ryan

6o03ev.jpg

2q0viw2.jpg

10sg0ll.jpg

2cxvymo.jpg

10i5a3q.jpg

zskglf.jpg

nefiu1.jpg

x38imc.jpg

2db57kj.jpg

2hheqoi.jpg

i dont own a single Iron Man but i would love to have one.

in my country i cant get im for under 370$. is he worth it or do you think that the price will get down after it is released everywhere?

even the ebay sellers from China dont sell him under 400 dollars at the moment, shipping included.

i dont own a single Iron Man but i would love to have one.

in my country i cant get im for under 370$. is he worth it or do you think that the price will get down after it is released everywhere?

even the ebay sellers from China dont sell him under 400 dollars at the moment, shipping included.

Impossible to say, man, stock could be gone six months from now, it could still be available a year from now. I'd keep my eyes peeled for a coupon or promotion from Sideshow, if it's not too costly in your country.

There is no better articulated IM figure at the moment, if that's your thing. You also could wait for the AoU IM if you prefer that paint scheme instead.

If you guys are on the fence for this guy I say pick him up. He's worth every penny and I love mine. It was great taking some quality pictures of him last night. Had him for a couple of months and it was great taking him out of the case and having a photo shoot. :)

Back