1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love how the War Machine Mark II turned out and now I cant wait for the Mark XLII to come out. Lucky for me Ive only had one payment get charged so far saves money for other stuff I wanna get.

I'm the opposite. On both this and IP I had all my payments charge except for the final one. Little frustrating having all that money tied up in stuff that doesn't com out for 5-6 months, but will be nice when I don't owe so much upon their release. Will feel like I got them cheap if I lie to myself well.

As much as I like my WM, I kinda hope this isn't as heavy. I really was surprised when I picked it up for the first time.

Have to admit i'm really looking forward to this one, especially now that I have seen the WM and how amazing it is.

:exactly:

The WM Mk II turned out to be such a beautiful figure, I'm really surprised how impressive it is in hand.

Amazing articulation and gorgeous detailing makes that a home run in my book.

The weight difference really shocked me as well, that thing is 3x heavier than a normal figure.

Having the Mk 42 as part of the Diecast line is going to be a treat, and the Mark II Whiplash ... Wow!

I want them to do a new mk6 and WM so iron whiplash can have some friends, as of now mk6 and WM are too outdated and too expensive on
evilbay.

I want that too! I'd like to have different base to display it, something like this:

IM_MkVITA.png

I want them to do a new mk6 and WM so iron whiplash can have some friends, as of now mk6 and WM are too outdated and too expensive on evilbay.
Haven't seen Mark VI, in-hand, but War Machine is not outdated in the least. Looks as amazing to me now as when I first bought it. Still a stronger design to my eyes than WM MK II.

I want them to do a new mk6 and WM so iron whiplash can have some friends, as of now mk6 and WM are too outdated and too expensive on
evilbay.

:confused: WM still looks pretty darn good to me even for today's standards. I don't own a Mk6 but even that one still looks good in the pics. When I think of outdated the Mk3 immediately comes to mind, but not the figs from the IM2 line. The only thing I'd like for my WM Mk1 is the Mk2's articulation, other than that I'm never getting rid of this figure.

Regarding the Mk6 vs the pic above from Avengers, I don't really see a significant difference, am I missing something here? Only thing I see is that that shot of the Mk6 shows it being a bit more stout, but there are other shots in IM2 and even Avengers where it looks taller and thinner, just depends on how the CG artist drew it.

Agree with the above posts, the IM2 Mk VI & WM figures don't look out dated in hand when compared to the newest releases like the Mk VII. Having all the Marks in hand, the Mark III is the only armor that suffers from this IMO.

Haven't seen Mark VI, in-hand, but War Machine is not outdated in the least. Looks as amazing to me now as when I first bought it. Still a stronger design to my eyes than WM MK II.

Agree 100%, when I think of war machine, the mark I is the one that comes to mind.

^^^^ You can't have War Machine without all the guns coming out of his armor. Especially that minigun! The new one only has some shoulder cannon (that I don't recall him ever using...) and a small forearm blaster thing.... sorry... I want the minigun, 2 forearm assault rifles/SMGs, shoulder missiles, and hell, the Ex-Wife fail. :yess:

^^^^ You can't have War Machine without all the guns coming out of his armor. Especially that minigun! The new one only has some shoulder cannon (that I don't recall him ever using...) and a small forearm blaster thing.... sorry... I want the minigun, 2 forearm assault rifles/SMGs, shoulder missiles, and hell, the Ex-Wife fail. :yess:

I couldn't have said it better myself :D
War Machine is a WAR Machine, he should be loaded from toe to tooth with weapons as opposed to the slimer streamlined IM armors like the 42.
Btw, anyone knows if that "gap" under the chest was addressed?

I couldn't have said it better myself :D
War Machine is a WAR Machine, he should be loaded from toe to tooth with weapons as opposed to the slimer streamlined IM armors like the 42.
Btw, anyone knows if that "gap" under the chest was addressed?

Well Hammer Tech is clunky and oversized, the Stark War Machine packs the punch in a sleek package :wink1:

Back