1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: Iron Man Mark 42 Diecast Series MMS

Looks great but just can't afford it! I hope a plastic version will come out!

I'd say that they won't be doing a plastic version other than the PPS one to be honest.

this guy kinda makes the PPS one kinda moot don't you think?

No not really. If that price is in American money I'm not paying $340-350 for a 1:6th action figure. That's not enough bang for my buck so I will get the PPS one to keep my iron man armors going.

@ $272.65 with more accessories than IP, I thought this would have been more, not much more than MarkVII, still wait to see some more photos, i just dont know right now

I go to sleep for the night, wake up 6 hours later and I miss all this?

:lol

I'll update the first post in a bit. :clap

guess there offering the IP at 272 as well, oops

528752_10151347407647344_1919209276_n.jpg

485287_10151347407992344_1418804557_n.jpg

That's pretty damn nice. Good to see the die-cast line won't be without interchangeable battle-damaged parts. The proportions are still too skinny though, unless this suit is meant to be as tight as the Mark V suitcase suit. The overhang of the chest over the abdominal area seems excessively deep too, like the old Mark III Battle-damaged figure that's so hard to like. I'm having a hard time figuring out what the two limb accessories in this photo are for; anybody? Are they the lower arms? Do they have rockets or something?

164236_10151347407697344_1395076428_n.jpg

I go to sleep for the night, wake up 6 hours later and I miss all this?

:lol

I'll update the first post in a bit. :clap

You also missed the pre-order of the Battle Damage Mark VII, there all sold out now, :(

You also missed the pre-order of the Battle Damage Mark VII, there all sold out now, :(
Dude..:medic

I went back to the thread to check if you were being serious. Almost gave me a heart attack. :thud::rotfl:pfft:

Anyways, first post has been updated, has there been a pricing for this guy? Looks great IMO

I'm having a hard time figuring out what the two limb accessories in this photo are for; anybody? Are they the lower arms? Do they have rockets or something?

164236_10151347407697344_1395076428_n.jpg

They're the clean switch out forearms, in fact all the accessories laid out in that picture are the clean switch outs while the figure is dressed in the half arsed battle damage parts

I may be expecting too much but I think the details and paint seems to be rushed on this figure in the abs and waist area as evident in this pic.

Keeping my fingers crossed that they'll improve it in the final prod piece. Oh yeah, and that they also do a normal MMS Mark 42!

i actually think i prefer the pps version from these pics, i shall hold of judgement of course until final version but also want to see video on kidultoyshop

Could well be all in the lighting but out of the two I think I prefer the PPS001

The air flaps suck, the paint looks crap, the battle damage is not that great looking either guess i had my expectations to high grrrrr it looks all off, I agree the Power Pose looks better, still not buying a statue, grrrrr, at least the Iron patriot looks good

We are all now seeing it since we have comparison. Details are much nicer
when they're done in plastic. :lecture

Is hot toys no longer making the regular mms? The cost if diecast is just too much and getting so little with it. Are they ever going to release this as a regular mms?

Is hot toys no longer making the regular mms? The cost if diecast is just too much and getting so little with it. Are they ever going to release this as a regular mms?

Doubt it, even Hot Toys cant justify releasing what would be fundamentally the same figure 3 times. Same goes for the Iron Patriot.

Like I said previously if you want plastic then you'll have to go for the zero articulation cheaper PPS.

I do hold out hope that we'll get a proper beat to **** Mark 42 though.... oh and in plastic!!

It's obvious that battle damage is easier on plastic, they're working with bits of metal so it's harder to edge in smaller details.
When has Hot Toys crapped out when it comes to adding the most detail they can on a Iron Man figure as far as Battle Damage goes?

I think this is the hardest they can go with the BD on a Diecast figure.

IMO it looks great. People were bashing the Iron Patriot for pages and now everyone is all over it and are so glad they PO'd it.

This will be no different. Just enjoy the figure for what it is! :clap

The plastic MMS days are over with after the Mark VII comes out! :pfft: It's either you get your Mark 42 itch scratched with this figure or go the PPS route.

When has Hot Toys crapped out when it comes to adding the most detail they can on a Iron Man figure as far as Battle Damage goes?

If you're asking what I think you're asking then the answer would be with this figure.

The simple fact of the matter is if they cant produce the very best they're capable of doing with diecast then dont use it :lecture

They're the clean switch out forearms, in fact all the accessories laid out in that picture are the clean switch outs while the figure is dressed in the half arsed battle damage parts
Thanks. I like the battle-damage parts! I'm glad they were able to give us the beat-up arm without having to include a whole second arm like the Mark V; should help keep the price down.

I really, really hope those interchangeable parts are die-cast and not plastic.

388720_10151347408142344_666298036_n.jpg

If you're asking what I think you're asking then the answer would be with this figure.

The simple fact of the matter is if they cant produce the very best they're capable of doing with diecast then dont use it :lecture

But that's what I'm stating. How do we know if this is the best they can do with the BD detail when it comes to metal? Yes, it's not their best but what if this is the best as far as BD parts goes for Diecast?

It's either that or they're just being a lazy @ss. :horse

Either way, it looks great as a figure.

But that's what I'm stating. How do we know if this is the best they can do with the BD detail when it comes to metal? Yes, it's not their best but what if this is the best as far as BD parts goes for Diecast?

Then dont use it, I've just finished saying that :slap

Then dont use it, I've just finished saying that :slap
Wait what? :lol So confused.

I for one love the BD parts. They are detailed but I think people were wishing for more of "my entire arm armor is blown off" like shown in the poster.

I'm just stating that it must be harder for them to do anything huge as far as battle damage detail goes because it's made of metal seeing that people are complaining about the those parts.

I'm confused here as to what you're stating Tommy. :monkey3:panic:

My problem is the Battle Damage on this is half arsed, now I realise the only way to get a truly epic Battle Damaged figure would be for Hot Toys to make a stand alone piece like they're doing with the Mark VII however they showed with the Mark VI years ago that they are capable (even with a single release) of doing better than they've done here.

If the battle damage on this has been done half arsed due to costs of the diecast then I say ditch it and go back to what's tried and tested i.e. plastic.

tbh I'd actually have more respect for this figure if they'd ditched including any addition BD pieces as at least then I'd be safer in the knowledge that a proper Battle Damage release may happen further down the line, as it is though my worry now is this is the best I'm going to be able to get and for me at least this isn't good enough. I wanted a proper beat to **** look whereas this looks like he just was shot behind a chest high wall or something :dunno

My problem is the Battle Damage on this is half arsed, now I realise the only way to get a truly epic Battle Damaged figure would be for Hot Toys to make a stand alone piece like they're doing with the Mark VII however they showed with the Mark VI years ago that they are capable (even with a single release) of doing better than they've done here.

If the battle damage on this has been done half arsed due to costs of the diecast then I say ditch it and go back to what's tried and tested i.e. plastic.

tbh I'd actually have more respect for this figure if they'd ditched including any addition BD pieces as at least then I'd be safer in the knowledge that a proper Battle Damage release may happen further down the line, as it is though my worry now is this is the best I'm going to be able to get and for me at least this isn't good enough. I want a proper beat to **** look whereas this looks like he just was shot behind a chest high wall or something :dunno
Ah now I understand. :wink1:

I get what you mean but then again Hot Toys will never say "Hey guys, we can't do this Battle Damage properly, lets go back to plastic!"

Which sucks because from a price POV I would rather this be plastic as well but we gotta live with what they throw at us. :dunno

I really think it has to do with the metal though. Plastic is a lot easier to work with. :panic: Reason I think they won't do a BD version is because they could have just pulled what they did with the Iron Patriot and made this just a figure with the stand and sell it as that. Then they could have made a 2.0 to piss everyone off but instead they actually gave the first version BD parts as a Diecast figure, so who knows. :slap

Doubt it, even Hot Toys cant justify releasing what would be fundamentally the same figure 3 times.

Well.... they can do a third one with Pepper's head and said it is a Rescue Suit Pepper Potts and not a Iron Man....

I totally can see them doing that actually.

I am resisting very very very hard to not buy this (and the BD MK7). I told myself Avengers will be the last, coz when I put the Avengers I have so far up on the shelf, while I admire how nice they look, I also realized that is $1000 right there...

And to dive into IM3 line, each figure is averaging $300... still struggling to justify spending that much on toys... yes, I am using the "it is one figure every few months" reason for the "buy" side debate, but still, in total, when a shelf of figures cost more than 2 months of mortgage, this seems to be a very wrong way to spend money..... even when I can afford it.

Decisions... decisions.....

Back