1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: Iron Man Mark 42 Diecast Series MMS

woah..action city has already open for PO? that's fast..n i hope the price is the same as IP from my local seller here

does anyone else wish HT would post a pic showing what parts exactly are going to be diecast? i heard 40% but is that internal components or the exterior??? would definitely help my decision making

Somewhere they said (in reference to Iron Patriot) it's going to be mainly arms and legs.

Not blown away by it tbh, the ab-section is way too noticeable and the BD isn't even close to being as detailed as I was wanting. Hopefully Hot Toys release a plastic fully BD version

I like it but it depends on price. I'm not dropping $350+ on 40% die cast because that's tickling HT nutsack atm. IP cost no problems since full plastic version would cost almost that anyway.I think itt looks stellar...

With a Q1 2014 release date, we won't see the main suit until 1 year after the film is out. Dissapointing, especially since the PPS version is supposed to be released next month.

I may be expecting too much but I think the details and paint seems to be rushed on this figure in the abs and waist area as evident in this pic.
PD1365156710QEn.jpg

Keeping my fingers crossed that they'll improve it in the final prod piece. Oh yeah, and that they also do a normal MMS Mark 42!

I'm not that crazy about the suit to be honest.

The figure looks great, just not sure I need the suit. I think I'll keep my fingers crossed for the Gemini suit instead.

i actually think i prefer the pps version from these pics, i shall hold of judgement of course until final version but also want to see video on kidultoyshop

Could well be all in the lighting but out of the two I think I prefer the PPS001

up_2.jpg

PD1365156658htW.jpg

The 3 new RDJ/TS head sculpts;

MMS191
up_4.jpg

MMS196
PD1364986365Yt0.jpg

MMS197D02
PD1365156669UE3.jpg

If this new(est) figure does have one thing going for it it's that it has the best RDJ/TS headsculpt of the 3 imo

EDIT: and for ****s and giggles the worst of the lot :lol

Hot%20Toys%20-%20The%20Avengers%20-%20Mark%20VII%20Collectible%20Figurine_PR9.jpg

The 3 new RDJ/TS head sculpts;

MMS191
up_4.jpg

MMS196
PD1364986365Yt0.jpg

MMS197D02
PD1365156669UE3.jpg

If this new(est) figure does have one thing going for it it's that it has the best RDJ/TS headsculpt of the 3 imo

EDIT: and for ****s and giggles the worst of the lot :lol

Hot%20Toys%20-%20The%20Avengers%20-%20Mark%20VII%20Collectible%20Figurine_PR9.jpg

Wonder why hot toys did not include Pepper's headsculpt?:lol

this guy kinda makes the PPS one kinda moot don't you think?

Not really. For those of us (like myself) struggling with the idea of a $300 figure, it's the current alternative.

The air flaps suck, the paint looks crap, the battle damage is not that great looking either guess i had my expectations to high grrrrr it looks all off, I agree the Power Pose looks better, still not buying a statue, grrrrr, at least the Iron patriot looks good

Not really. For those of us (like myself) struggling with the idea of a $300 figure, it's the current alternative.

I guess so...but won't you ever want to repose them?

personally I never bought statues because they were static:)

I guess so...but won't you ever want to repose them?

personally I never bought statues because they were static:)

Me neither. I don't do the dynamic poses on my figures, but I like the option to if I want. Statues do nothing for me.

I would be hard press to get a PPS. It now seems that if one really wants an IM figure and hates the die cast price tag, PPS clearly now has a niche.

It certainly seems this MMS197 is confirmation of where Hot Toys are taking the Ironman line, if you want plastic then there's the cheaper PPS series with no articulation or accessories or the alternative is the fully posable figures that will now be partially diecast and will be marked up more expensive than ever as a result

It certainly seems this MMS197 is confirmation of where Hot Toys are taking the Ironman line, if you want plastic then there's the cheaper PPS series with no articulation or accessories or the alternative is the fully posable figures that will now be partially diecast and will be marked up more expensive than ever as a result

:exactly: I doubt going forward HT will invest in both plastic and die cast versions. The future of IM is die cast IMO.

Can't stand diecast anymore too heavy, bring on the plastic MMS.

Someone should update the OP with the official pics and specs:

Marvel’s Iron Man 3 is coming to town this month and Hot Toys is proud to present the 1/6th scale Mark XLII Limited Edition Collectible Figurine from the Iron Man 3 movie for the MMS Diecast Series. This is only the second collectible to be introduced in our premium Diecast Series.

Leading the MMS Diecast Series is the iconic Iron Man 3 Series, in which the collectible figures are made of diecast material, specially designed to look more closely to the realistic Iron Man characters in the movie. The MMS Diecast Series will bring fans to the next level of authenticity, focusing on the materials, fine details and engineering of the Iron Man collectible figures, while some of the parts can be shared between our MMS and Diorama Series for displaying together in 1/6th scale. More collectibles from Iron Man 3 will be coming from the MMS Diecast Series!

The movie-accurate Mark XLII Collectible Figurine is highly detailed and fully deployed, specially crafted based on the image of Robert Downey Jr. as Mark XLII in the movie, highlighting the highly detailed head sculpt, metallic red, golden and silver well equipped armor, light-up functions.

Hong Kong fans can visit Hot Toy’s Hong Kong Official Store – Toy Hunters to pre-order on April 5-6, 2013 for VIP customers, and April 7, 2013 onwards for VIP and non-VIP customers.

The 1/6th scale Mark XLII Limited Edition Collectible Figurine specially features:
- Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Mark XLII in the movie
- Battle damaged head sculpt with helmet with authentic likeness of Robert Downey Jr. as Mark XLII in the movie
- Alternate helmeted head with light-up function
- Approximately 30 cm tall
- Over 36 points of articulations
- Special features on armor:
- LED-lighted eyes and circle-shaped RT on chest (white light, battery operated)
- One (1) interchangeable battle damaged mask
- One (1) pair of damaged shoulder armor
- One (1) chest armor
- One (1) damaged chest armor
- One (1) damaged biceps armor
- One (1) pair of damaged forearm armor
- Three (3) pairs of interchangeable palms including:
- One (1) pair with improved articulations, movable fingers and light-up repulsors
(white light, battery operated)
- One (1) pair of forceful fists
- One (1) pair of battle palms with light-up repulsor (white light, battery operated)
- Improved articulations on waist armor which allow flexible movement
- Fully deployed air flaps at back of the armor
- Metallic red, gold and silver colored painting on armor

Accessory:
- LED light-up figure stand with Mark XLII nameplate and movie logo (white light, battery operated)

Artists:
- Head Sculpted by Kojun & Lee So Young
- Head Painted by JC. Hong
- Head Art Directed by JC. Hong

**Prototype shown is not final, pending licensor approval
**Product details could be subjected to change without further notice
**Battery included for collectible figure, button cells are required
**Battery not included for figure stand, 2A batteries (2 pieces) are required

Release date: Q1, 2014
TM & © 2013 Marvel & Subs.
© 2013 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

Back