1/6 Hot Toys Dark Knight Rises Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The announcement photo in the first post shows both the TDK and TDKR logos, so they could very well be making an end-all/be-all Bats to go with the new and improved Joker 2.0. And they've placed the TDKR figure in the interrogation scene, so everything points to them souping him up as much as possible to satisfy fans of both movies.

Interesting theory considering its the same suits in both films. Perhaps a DX of epic porportions :clap

Cant wait to see a Bale headsculpt, the photo gives nothing away. I wonder when we can expect another teaser. I need more!!

I'm pretty confident this release will be missing his sticky bomb gun, cape backpack, and Sonar head. HT seems to like to give reason for people to have the previous releases.

Yeah, that's good.

This one will mostly likely have the TDKR specific weapons such as the EMP gun.

I'm not buying this unless oil is included.

I've associated DX TDK Batman with oil, lubrication and abs. Include it Hot Toys or . . . NO DEAL!

I always thought that oil and lubrication were things associated with any person wearing a skintight black body suit. :dunno :dunno

I don't understand why you think they made it based on your custom. Didn't you buy that custom from someone else?

Here's why

- I got the Kato Joker project off the ground
- I got a laughing interrogation sculpt from Adam.
- I got Interrogation table and chair from Batman79.

Put all of it together and posted the below on their Facebook like a year ago:

IMG-5297.jpg

What did they do?
- Hired Kato for the outfit
- Copied the laughing sculpt (it is quite clearly inspired by Adam's brilliant sculpt as far as I'm concerned)
- Copied the Interrogation table and chair

Coincidence? Sure if you want to believe that, feel free to do so :lol

The gauntlets should overlap his gloves.
That's how it is in TDKR

:lecture

That's why I said that I wonder if they'll be following the DX 2.0's lead with the 14 "gloved and ungloved" hands, but rather with "tucked and untucked" hands, so to speak.

Maybe.

They're just as likely to 'miss' that detail though :(

Need to post that on their Facebook :lol

Someone needs to inspire them into redoing their squashy Schwarzennegger portraits....wait, thats already happened and its still a bit iffy...

Honestly, I'm most surprised by the fact that it looks like it will encompass both films. When we were first discussing it a while back, I had a fleeting thought that it might be a combo of accessories and such from both films, but I passed it off as "Nah, HT's too greedy for that." Looks like I was wrong. Void pointed out that his gloves are tucked under in TDKR, which makes me wonder if they won't do something similar to the DX 2.0's "gloved and ungloved" hands. That being said, very curious to see more of this. A Batman sans googley moogley eyes is a welcome addition.

It would be sweet if it had everything.

If there aren't too many more TDKR-specific gadgets than just the EMP and Bat-iPad, there will be plenty of room in the box to include all of the TDK-specific items as well...and a TDKR-Wayne headsculpt :pray:

I don't care if the gloved hands/gauntlets are tucked or untucked, not at all. As long as the suit is improved, more accurate and flexible for the articulation and Batman's head isn't derpy from the PERS, I'm fine.

I would laugh if they released the specs and pics tonight with the caption "Checkmate."

I'm pretty confident this release will be missing his sticky bomb gun, cape backpack, and Sonar head. HT seems to like to give reason for people to have the previous releases.

Maybe they'll do what they did with DX10 on this: have a few accessories from the previous version, but some new ones specific to the new version. So it's still an amalgamation of the two, minus a few things for the old figure to stay relevant.

Bring on the Kitty, HT!!

Some Batman Returns characters would be nice, too. Hopefully they'll have plenty to show off at SDCC -- just like last year.

I wonder if he will come with any set pieces or furniture. The Table for the joker 2.0 is a nice touch, but id love to see possible a Batsuit storage ice crystal thing like in the movie or somthing. a full Bale headsculpt is a must.

Some Batman Returns characters would be nice, too. Hopefully they'll have plenty to show off at SDCC -- just like last year.

They'll have their time just like '89 did. With TDKR right around the corner it's all about the Nolan series right now.

I think will see Batman Returns stuff as well as Arkham City closer towards the end of the year (their words).

I'd imagine they'll have Returns figures out in time for the '89 Batmobile which is a big release for them.

I wonder if he will come with any set pieces or furniture. The Table for the joker 2.0 is a nice touch, but id love to see possible a Batsuit storage ice crystal thing like in the movie or somthing. a full Bale headsculpt is a must.

Maybe he will come with his armory or something?

Here's why

- I got the Kato Joker project off the ground
- I got a laughing interrogation sculpt from Adam.
- I got Interrogation table and chair from Batman79.

Put all of it together and posted the below on their Facebook like a year ago:

IMG-5297.jpg

What did they do?
- Hired Kato for the outfit
- Copied the laughing sculpt (it is quite clearly inspired by Adam's brilliant sculpt as far as I'm concerned)
- Copied the Interrogation table and chair

Coincidence? Sure if you want to believe that, feel free to do so :lol

:lol I think you're thinking too high of yourself. Sure Kato's outfit got their attention, but the laughing sculpt is quite clearly inspired by the film and not Adam's sculpt. :wink1: Its an iconic scene and an obvious choice for them to do the 2.0 on since the Nurse look is apparently off the table.

And what better way to tease the new TDKR Batman than with the interrogation scene shot? The suits are 99% the same. :dunno

Good news, hopefully it'll have more articulation this time. And PLEASE no leaky abs!

They'll have their time just like '89 did. With TDKR right around the corner it's all about the Nolan series right now.

I think will see Batman Returns stuff as well as Arkham City closer towards the end of the year (their words).

I'd imagine they'll have Returns figures out in time for the '89 Batmobile which is a big release for them.

I think that we may wind up seeing AC Batman at either SDCC, Ani-Com, or both. I really doubt Returns will be in sight when Howard's been pretty adamant about late 2012/December.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back