1/6 Hot Toys Dark Knight Rises Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I've always thought that a well done two face DX would be amazing. Could you guys imagine seeing that eyeball moving around on the scarred side? The way things are with today's releases, an extra suit, a Harvey headsculpt, a gun, a couple of coins, and some campaign buttons probably would qualify as a DX. If that's not enough, then, what the he'll? Throw in the podium for Harvey, I just think that a well done Two-Face with PERS could really help HT show just how cool the feature can be in its various applications.

Well said now I want a two face dx

Honestly, I've always thought that a well done two face DX would be amazing. Could you guys imagine seeing that eyeball moving around on the scarred side? The way things are with today's releases, an extra suit, a Harvey headsculpt, a gun, a couple of coins, and some campaign buttons probably would qualify as a DX. If that's not enough, then, what the he'll? Throw in the podium for Harvey, I just think that a well done Two-Face with PERS could really help HT show just how cool the feature can be in its various applications.

Well said now I want a two face dx

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRoIp1ldSUw[/ame]

I know the first release wasn't a best seller, but HT has grown a lot since then, both as a company, and in terms of their customer base. I also think that one part of why Harvey didn't sell was because of advertising. They didn't want to spoil the film, so they basically had to advertise him as Harvey in the beginning. It could be a good time to reintroduce him to 1/6th scale because of how important his role seems to be in TDKR. Bottom line: "I Believe in Harvey Dent," so make him, HT!

:goodpost::exactly:

Neck looks better on this one and I don't really like the magnet neck articulation on the DX-02. If I wasn't lazy, I might attempt to trade up.

Not advertised enough? Are you kidding man? :lol

In 2008 they advertised the hell out of him. Do you remember this teaser? He was highly anticipated.

%5BUNSET%5D.jpg

2ffffwf9.jpg

2fff1jf9.jpg

2fffve0.jpg

He didn't sell well because it was a poor seller and people were more preoccupied with Batman and the Joker. It might be harsh for people that are huge fans of Eckhart's Dent but that's just the way it is. He was one of the worst selling figures in Hot Toys history. I was a huge fan of the film and character but even I couldn't bring myself to buy him at $150 for some reason. I got two, brand new, for $75 when the thing went on clearance all around the net.

Yeah, he was on clearance at CornerStoreComics and hung around Hastings for a long time. I don't think a DX is in order, personally.

I thought he was only advertised as Harvey in the very beginning?

I'm pretty sure it was Two-Face. There was that teaser above and then one of Two-Face aiming his pistol at Batman. I think the big issue initially with the advertisements and teasers was that people were hoping that a Harvey option would be available with the Two-Face figure. That might be why you thought that.

But yeah, they advertised the hell out of him with great pics too. They were pushing this "real skin" texture thing on Two-Face/Harvey Dent before the specs went up. Something about the detailing of the head and hands. In the end it didn't sell well because of who it was not because of how it was handled before the orders.

I must say though, the tailoring on the final production version left a lot to be desired compared to the initial prototype pics. That one looked fantastic.

2941116893_9276a5a766_b.jpg

Personally I don't think a $224+ DX Two-Face would sell very well and I don't think Hot Toys would risk finding out.

In terms of the first five Hot Toys TDK releases (OC Bats, TDK suit, Joker V1, Bank Robber, Harvey)...where did old Harvey fall in the release order? If he was towards the end or last one advertised/released, it makes sense that many collectors would have passed on him as they didn't budget for him, especially when they were suddenly tempted by the vehicles.

He was released close with BR Joker.

It was OC Bats, V1 Joker, Two-Face, BR Joker, TDK Bats.

Personally, I think Two-Face was one of the worst HT figures.

But I would not want a DX. Just like I wouldn't want a DX'd Bane or Scarecrow. Googly eyes. Fooey.

Plus didn't they save the advertising of the Harvey/Two-Face figure until after the film was already in theaters? I remember there was a leaked image of what Two-Face looked like before the movie was out, but definitely no official reveals (besides the Wizard-Con preview?). Since WB was keeping wraps on the film look, they definitely wouldn't have allowed licensees like Hot Toy's or Mattel to reveal the look in their products before the set time.

He was out a month or two before Bank Robber Joker. I remember people from Asia receiving it before Christmas of 2008, around the time of the DVD release of TDK. Either that or they came out at the same time. BR Joker was around December too.

I think it was just the character which isn't a slight against Two-Face/Dent or the interpretation. I can't say for certain because I'm not about to look it up, but if you look back in old threads I seem to recall many "I'm passing". I know I was one. I didn't budge until he was heavily clearanced.

It also didn't help that the final figure was sub-par compared to the prototype pics. The clothes sucked.

I got mine for $60, like many others here. From $145 to $60. :lol

Several flippers turned figure brokers went out of business because of this failed figure.

Probably a spike in his sales this summer with the final Nolan film though -- from the newbs who are trying to collect them all.

I got mine for $60, like many others here. From $145 to $60. :lol

Several flippers turned figure brokers went out of business because of this failed figure.

Yeah I don't think I would have felt too good paying $150 for it. I'm glad I waited. In the end I ended up basically getting two full figures for the price of one and was able to have a full Dent and a full Two-Face all in one go.

Can't see anyone doing it for a $224 plus DX after Two-Face was at the height of his popularity during the final months of 2008 and still didn't sell well at a less pricey MSRP.

Well, honestly, I think it'd be interesting if they produced a Two-Face DX in a limited edition, and any subsequent figures could be produced on an open edition, made to order basis until a certain cut-off point. I know I'd buy it, and there're a lot of Completists out there who would as well. I think that he could be one of those "cool figures," sort of like the Men in Black, that even some non-fans might be tempted by if he was done well, and PERS could serve to amplify that. I'm starting to see a bunch of people in the custom section as well sprouting up and saying that it's time for a Harvey that matches the quality of today's figures.

I think Bane could benefit greatly from PERS as well, due to the fact that his expressiveness comes mainly from his movement/eyes, due to the fact that his mouth is covered, and it's a similar scenario with Harvey; not because he doesn't have a mouth, but because of how much his scarred side draws attention.

...and awesome. It could be both eyes, but it would obviously be more, pardon the pun, "eye catching" than his good side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back