1/6 Hot Toys - Black Panther - T’Chaka

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope HT takes this as a cue to produce more BP figures. So many Afro-futuristic designs that would look amazing.

Are there any videos or in hand pics out there yet?

I dunno why y'all keep complaining about an unmasked portrait of an unknown actor. Can anyone even name who the actor was without looking him up? Just some random dude.

I'm on the fence about getting this one since I missed out on CW BP and I'm not a big fan of the updated costume, but if I were to get the T'chaka version I would only display it with the BP mask...would never use a portrait of a random, no-name actor...it wouldn't be iconic enough. And that's most likely one of the reasons for why HT didn't bother with producing one (saving money on producing a new sculpt is probably another reason). That's my 2 cents at least.

Most of these actors in these rolls started as random no name actors. RDJ i knew just from all the issues he had but i had never heard of Hemsworth or Evens. I know kani is never going to be at that level and i don't need a HS but it would have been a nice extra. I do agree with the earlier post that they most likely skipped the HS to save time.

I definitely would have loved a headsculpt.
Who cares if he was previously unknown, he's T'Chaka now.

Ordered and probably my only Exclusive for now. I really like the gold highlights and sash. I do wonder what's under those capri pants???

Ordered and probably my only Exclusive for now. I really like the gold highlights and sash. I do wonder what's under those capri pants???

Oh you know what's under those pants.... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Na I'm joking its' honestly probably the suit itself. The way I see it they list the items as followed.....

Costume:

One (1) meticulously tailored black and gold colored battle suit with extreme fine details and textures
One (1) purple-colored Wakandan tribe sash with waistlet
One (1) pair of black-colored capri pants

I feel like it would honestly be easier for Hot Toys sake to just have the suit as they did with the Civil War BP and just put the sash and pants over it. That way they don't have to worry about displacement issues with how tight the torso should be and what not.

But we won't know for sure for a few months.

I just noticed that he seems to be wearing some sort of shin guard boot things between his feet and the bottom of the pants, so I wonder now if it really will just be the top half of the suit on the figure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I dunno why y'all keep complaining about an unmasked portrait of an unknown actor. Can anyone even name who the actor was without looking him up? Just some random dude.

Extra piece as well as extra money. Dont think I want to pay more for a sculpt of an unknown dude that I would never display.

I would have loved the option to do so. It would have been nice to have all three with their head sculpts with their helmets held in their arms.

Actor has a lazy eye or a glass eye so let’s stay with the no head sculpt on this one.

The guy in this suit is actually that guys son, no lazy or glass eye

LipSmack nailed it but even so if there was a lazy eye and T'Chaka had it, who cares if the figure did? It'd just be a display option that we don't have.

I just noticed that he seems to be wearing some sort of shin guard boot things between his feet and the bottom of the pants, so I wonder now if it really will just be the top half of the suit on the figure.

Good catch. Probably different from the top suit. Kinda like the knightmare batman.

Good catch. Probably different from the top suit. Kinda like the knightmare batman.

I don't know - looks the same to me.

tchaka.jpgtchalla.jpg

Hmm..does look the same. Thanks for the comparison pics. :hi5: But man...That TChaka panther mask is SICK!

I wasn't planning on getting this, but since I doubt SS is getting Neon Iton Man, I just might and hope I can trade it later to someone who got the Neon Iron Man and no longer wants it. ( wishful thinking probably )

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Hmm..does look the same. Thanks for the comparison pics. :hi5: But man...That TChaka panther mask is SICK!

Ah ok. Guess I never noticed that the CW figure had those as well.

I also didn't realize the CW figure had those, and I have it on display. I thought he just had those chevrons right below the knee; I didn't realize the pattern of the suit was different below them.

So I guess I’ll just ask here. Has anyone had any issues with the suit so far on their CW Panthers? I remember DeanKnight posted a video about some permanent creasing on the thighs from having the legs bent slightly. I would expect that, but more curious if the suit material is actually holding up.

Back