1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Gamora Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Gamora Collectible Figure

Got Gamora today. All in all it looks good. But the hair is a mess.

Is this figur thin with hair? My problem is getting the hair to cover the red hair joints/black skull in the back. Especially her right side.. The hair is almost like dreadlocks. :(

Somebody should do a hair guide! :)

Got Gamora today. All in all it looks good. But the hair is a mess.

Is this figur thin with hair? My problem is getting the hair to cover the red hair joints/black skull in the back. Especially her right side.. The hair is almost like dreadlocks. :(

Somebody should do a hair guide! :)

I found it easier the more wet i got her hair. She needs more than wet fingers. You cant be afraid to keep putting on the water. Even with that it took me about 40 minutes.

Had new track lighting installed today and also new Camera. Man does lighting make a huge difference:

gamoraface.jpg

The figure looks great but the arms are a problem. I bent the elbows normally and one side was completely fine but the other arm had a sharp angle that almost ripped through the tip of the elbow. Very odd because the other side is smooth. If I didn't notice right away it would have torn right through the rubber. I like the way the arms look without joints and I usually never take figures out of the box. I took her out because the tape on one end (new from Sideshow's warehouse) was missing so I checked the arms out because this is the first figure I have with the covered elbows.

Replacement body shipped out today, gonna be here maybe Thursday at the earliest, definitely on Friday tho.

I'm really happy about this fast turnaround.

I found it easier the more wet i got her hair. She needs more than wet fingers. You cant be afraid to keep putting on the water. Even with that it took me about 40 minutes.

Hey thanks for the tip, also like they way you got the hair. Might not have had enough patience. :slap Will try to remember to post a image of the result.

Hey thanks for the tip, also like they way you got the hair. Might not have had enough patience. :slap Will try to remember to post a image of the result.
Cool totally post what ya got.

The figure looks great but the arms are a problem. I bent the elbows normally and one side was completely fine but the other arm had a sharp angle that almost ripped through the tip of the elbow. Very odd because the other side is smooth. If I didn't notice right away it would have torn right through the rubber. I like the way the arms look without joints and I usually never take figures out of the box. I took her out because the tape on one end (new from Sideshow's warehouse) was missing so I checked the arms out because this is the first figure I have with the covered elbows.

Way to go, HT! :slap

Dang. I had to open mine to make sure it doesn't have a broken wrist or elbows that tear. Wrists are fine. But I'm afraid to bend the arms too much I can see something that looks like it wants to poke through when I bend the elbow. It's enough to actually see the color change to a lighter green. Museum pose for her I guess.

Dang. I had to open mine to make sure it doesn't have a broken wrist or elbows that tear. Wrists are fine. But I'm afraid to bend the arms too much I can see something that looks like it wants to poke through when I bend the elbow. It's enough to actually see the color change to a lighter green. Museum pose for her I guess.

Whoa! I better check mine & like you said museum pose!

I'm not bending her arms at all, i'll pick a pose where they can be straight. They really need to drop this rubber elbow b*ll****, it just doesn't work well.

Are there any pictures of torn elbows...I saw a broken wrist...

Back